Twitch.tv

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You're making it sound like 50 viewers is some sort of milestone a casual fun streamer can actually obtain.

On many games, that would make you a top 3 streamer and even on the top tier games with a hundred thousand viewers even now during offpeak that gets you into the first few rows of the list.

*this* is a screencap of the current LOL-index with 4 and 3 viewers. I can scroll down a lot more but the browser can barely handle this so I'm stopping here. Actually just three 4s and 3s (and not even all of them). There's a fuckload of 2s, 1s and 0s if I keep scrolling.

View attachment 282730

Notice the scroll bar on the right. This is a fuckload of streamers who are nowhere near that 50 viewer benchmark. ah crud now Chrome crashed.

That's the reality behind streaming yourself to success. It's even more visible than all those kids who didn't make it as a pro Football player or a pro Football player, because you can see them fail right now whereas the failed Football player plays and plays and plays and suddenly there's no followup contract and he's gone overnight.

50 viewers? You actually made it at that point.

I had 2 viewers once and I was feeling quite successful :D.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kripp spent at least two years streaming 12-16 hours a day with basically no one watching because that's what he had to do to slowly accrue enough of an initial base to be visible, and that was on a much less crowded state of the platform.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I had 2 viewers once and I was feeling quite successful :D.

TBH i have no idea how the internet works and what brings people in. I had a modest youtube channel with videos in the range of a few dozen or less views years ago. Mostly for showing internet friends for random reasons. One day I wake up and one of my videos a half year after I first posted it had 500k views. Before long it was 10+ millions. A vast majority of them were arabic people from rich Middle east countries. To this day I have no fucking clue why it was them that all piled in, but apparently the ad revs from there are A+ so I made a nice chunk.

Never posted again though. I didn't want the attention. I presume a lot of small twitch streamers are just streaming for friends, and not really aiming for attention.

• 1Faggotry

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Makes sense that a fur suit instructional vid would be popular among the Emirati when you consider their other degenerate pastimes like shitting on the chests of foreign hookers.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I average 5-7 viewers when I stream. I don't really care about the numbers. Already made affiliate, and I'm not exactly likely to make Partner, so who cares?

Very few people ever get past the 0-3 viewer stage because they don't keep going long enough, or they don't care to make things interesting, or both. Unless you happen to have a bunch of interest in what you're doing cultivated from other channels in a specific community, or you have a bunch of friends that already made it and throw raids your way on the regular, you're not going to get many views unless you keep at it for a while. Like, potentially years of ~5 viewer streams if you're lucky. Especially right now, with the whole "everyone stay at home" thing, because everyone and their dog is streaming.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So I found out in my guild’s Discord channel, last night, that people are going to the Stormwind Chapel and kneeling out of respect for reckful.

As we’re discussing the phenomena, one guildie pipes in with “if that’s the case[visiting SW], shouldn’t they be going to Molten Core?”

• 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I found out in my guild’s Discord channel, last night, that people are going to the Stormwind Chapel and kneeling out of respect for reckful.

As we’re discussing the phenomena, one guildie pipes in with “if that’s the case[visiting SW], shouldn’t they be going to Molten Core?”
Can you explain this joke?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I never heard of him until last night.
Almost everyone that watched Twitch since its early days heard of Rekful. He was part of the group of people that helped popularize streaming.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I've played too much Doom where you actually go to hell in Inferno and see people being tortured to death on the walls there to actually make that MC = Hell connection.

1593801552413.png

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Reckful was essential semi retired from streaming but he was big deal to Twitch.

149,999 other people died that day....and someone made a fucking 1:30 hour documentary for one of them who recorded himself play video games for a living. GG

• 3Picard
  • 2Salty
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

10,000s of thousands of people on the forum....and someone decided to make a dumb comment. GG

• 5Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Almost everyone that watched Twitch since its early days heard of Rekful. He was part of the group of people that helped popularize streaming.
I watched since Justin TV. Sorry I didn't watch WoW streamers lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You watched justinTV and you didn't watch WoW.

What did you watch?
College and NFL football streams. lol like WTF

with tons of FoH guys on here too. You must play a female high elf.

• 5Worf