Uncut Gems (2019)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The most authentic Jewish experience I’ve ever seen in film. This movie is a 2 hour window into what life with a Jew wife is like. A+

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well that was good but simultaneously depressing— it was like watching a 2 hour self inflicted train wreck. Dude was the ultimate shlemazel. Sandler’s performance was spot on, surprised he didn’t get an Oscar for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don’t know about him being “lucky”, quite the opposite. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Ironically the one thing he kept getting right, and the thing you’ve been trained to assume would go wrong after so many similar scenes in different movies, is that he would lose the bets he made, but he actually won them. What made the movie so deliciously sardonic, is that his crazy and irresponsible acts of placing crazy bets with every penny he had, was the thing he actually got *right*, but despite winning, everything else went wrong.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There lies a PAWG

EMz26EbU0AAlyA2
For real though. got damn.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
RLM mentioned this movie in a positive way in their last video so I had to watch it. Pretty damn good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
This is the first movie in a while I'm going to have to go against the general consensus here - I thought it was fucking terrible. It was poorly acted by everyone in it with a few exceptions. Sandler & his wife were alright even if his character was increasingly overbearing and KG did alright. Everyone else was just awful and straight amateur hour. It's 2H15M (seriously, WAY too long) of Bad Decisions Brought To You By Angry Yelling Jew - The Movie. Julia Fox and her already mentioned fat fat ass is about the only redeeming scene in the whole movie. Holy fuck. Maybe I just didn't 'get' it or knowing someone with gambling addiction might have helped but I REALLY struggled to finish this.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is the first movie in a while I'm going to have to go against the general consensus here - I thought it was fucking terrible. It was poorly acted by everyone in it with a few exceptions. Sandler & his wife were alright even if his character was increasingly overbearing and KG did alright. Everyone else was just awful and straight amateur hour. It's 2H15M (seriously, WAY too long) of Bad Decisions Brought To You By Angry Yelling Jew - The Movie. Julia Fox and her already mentioned fat fat ass is about the only redeeming scene in the whole movie. Holy fuck. Maybe I just didn't 'get' it or knowing someone with gambling addiction might have helped but I REALLY struggled to finish this.

It was utter dog shit, its not you.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno, I thought it was good especially if you compare it to a lot of what he's in these days (low bar I know). The movie wants you to feel sorry for the character but at a point where you make dumb decision after dumb decision, it's hard to get sympathy. The side characters were good but as others said, it was somewhat of a predictable ending.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait, we're supposed to feel sorry for him?

I didn't but that's how I saw the movie going toward the end, especially when he's trying to reconcile with his wife (because his girl cheated on him) and in the office breaking down after he gets thrown in the fountain. Like I said hard to feel sympathy for someone who is makes bad decision after another. I kind of expected the doctor to tell him he had cancer.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I mean, though while I can certainly see why some disliked the movie (two hours of anxiety isn't for everyone), I can't think of any universe where one could conclude it was poorly acted or miscast. Sandler alone gives a performance that redeems his entire career for me, and makes me think he wasted it on comedy.