Underworld: Blood Wars (2017)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like they ditched the daughter and Michael but brought back David from #4. Selene upgrades to Vampire-Original Immortal-Ghost hybrid and we get wolf vs vamp wars like the first one.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I bet she "dies" at the end and comes back as a Vampire/immortal/ghost/mummy hybrid.

Malakriss

Already at 11% with 4.2 / 10.0 on RT, they are calling it a pointless installment for the franchise that leads nowhere story-wise with only some good action scenes to keep fans of the series from completely abandoning it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I never watched these movies for the story. I watched them for vampires vs werewolves and Kate in skin-tight suits.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Already at 11% with 4.2 / 10.0 on RT, they are calling it a pointless installment for the franchise that leads nowhere story-wise with only some good action scenes to keep fans of the series from completely abandoning it.

The director has never done anything beside a couple episodes of outlander, and the writers havent done anything either beside Machete kills

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

The director has never done anything beside a couple episodes of outlander
The writer did Priest and Last Witch Hunter, so clearly not on an upward trend there either. But then we could always question why the studio went with them in the first place.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The last witch hunter wasnt great but I didnt think it was as bad as critics rated it

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish these movies would explore their setting a bit more. The medieval movie, and the flashbacks to the past were the best parts of any of these movies.

The bullshit with the vampire chick and the half-breed super-being and their 2 on All war against the supernatural underworld was so boring. They had the chance to make some really interesting stuff and just ended up making a Resident Evil knock-off.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The last witch hunter wasnt great but I didnt think it was as bad as critics rated it
yeah it wasn't a "bad movie" but it definitely wasn't a movie that critics were going to like.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I wish these movies would explore their setting a bit more. The medieval movie, and the flashbacks to the past were the best parts of any of these movies.

The bullshit with the vampire chick and the half-breed super-being and their 2 on All war against the supernatural underworld was so boring. They had the chance to make some really interesting stuff and just ended up making a Resident Evil knock-off.

And this is why Blood Wars was the worst of the series.

Lycans adapting with technology vs Vampires living a thousand years in the past was neat, but the real fun was when the fighters were equal and it was all my clan vs your kingdom.

I couldn't believe this one was over as quick as it was. There was a "plot" in so much as it took screentime but nothing you would ever remember by the end of the film, very few fightscenes and no drama. For a series that captured my imagination years ago, this was a sad sad ending. Not worth the price of admission, not worth the time, and worst of all not worth the disappointment.

Like many movie series, this one goes out with a whimper.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Seems like a strong indicator that your movie blows when the Scott Stapp lookalike won't reprise his role.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, sounds like this movie was an epic fail? I like the series, but the last one Awakening (2012) was pretty fucking awful. So if this one is worse than that, it is probably time to retire this shit.

Cybsled

These films did well internationally, like Resident Evil. I am guessing whether or not a sequel happens will hinge on whether this one does well and if Kate wants to even do another one.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
No-one expects Underworld to be any good. It sitting at 11℅ is no surprise.

People watch this series just for Kate in her skin tight suit which is fine by me.

Will definitely catch it on Netflix.

8ea81ee1c237bcb8c1f13a336e1a48c9.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this tonight just because when I went to the theater for $6 movie, this was the only thing playing at that time.

It was shit. Kate looks great, don't get me wrong. But the movie sucked man ass. I smiled at the conclusion to the big boss fight, just because of what happened, but that's about the extent of it. The movie didn't make much sense. Just tons of shit happened for "reasons". Logic didn't play much of a role.

PS - Hippy looking Kate (read: SSJ4) was neat, but she looked like an abomination. Fuck your wolf hide jacket. It didn't look good and neither did the shit half gray hair.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm actually upset I bothered stealing this, holy shit was it bad.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think Underworld Kate is on par with 2001 Jennifer Anniston is the sexiest woman ever.

She's a dream. To me, the English version of a prime Charlize Theron.

So aesthetic it hurts. But man this movie was a pile of shit.

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Avoid this movie. It was a disrespectful installment compared to the others.

• 2Like