Untitled Werewolf: The Apocalypse video game

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Paradox / Focus Home Interactive announce start of Werewolf: The Apocalypse video game

In the game you will become a Garou, a rage-fuelled Werewolf warrior opposed to urban civilization and the destruction it brings. The Garou are born to fight the corruption of The Wyrm, a powerful supernatural force leading us towards an inevitable Apocalypse.

“The world is dying. When will you Rage? The core question of Werewolf: The Apocalypse is more relevant today than ever before and the cooperation with Focus and Cyanide will finally give gamers the opportunity to revel in the raw power and primal spirituality of the Garou. What is the price of saving the world with fang and claw? Find out for yourself as we explore the darkest corners of a dying planet.”, says Martin Ericsson, Lead Story Teller of White Wolf.

First project to come out of their acquisition of the White Wolf license. Cyanide studios are the same company behind Styx: Master of Shadows/Blood Bowl. More info on Feb 1st.

Hesitant but optimistic, brain still melting that we actually might get a White Wolf Werewolf video game and mostly just happy to see something coming out from WoD.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Looks interesting. The whole Garou aspect to WoD always seemed to play second fiddle to Vampire and Mage. At from my old WW role playing days Should be cool to see if they are going larger picture with it.

Also, obligatory where is my new Vampire:The Masquerade reboot?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

Boo.. Where's Mage!
I remember the magic system in Mage being extremely open ended and as such good players and a good storyteller were needed for it to work. That seems like something very difficult to do properly in a video game, so you are left with something that strays away from the main interest of the system or with player character/s that is/are not magic user/s.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I remember the magic system in Mage being extremely open ended and as such good players and a good storyteller were needed for it to work. That seems like something very difficult to do properly in a video game, so you are left with something that strays away from the main interest of the system or with player character/s that is/are not magic user/s.

Haha.. Yeah, you could pretty much do anything in Mage as long as you didn't muck with reality too much. At least from what I remember. I haven't played a White Wolf game since the 90's.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm all about Werewolves. Maybe I can be a Wolfcop.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm more familiar with the New WoD/Chronicles of Darkness (they changed the name when Paradox bought the IP) version of Mage than I am Ascension, but while it also has the freeform spellcasting style, they also include a fairly comprehensive list of spells in the rulebook. Even if a hypothetical video game were to abandon the idea of freeform casting, if they were to implement all/most of those premade spells into the game, it would still end up being the most comprehensive magic system ever made for a video game. I'd be willing to settle for that.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
So something is really happening after CCCP nearly fucked up White Wolf?

I am still wondering why Paradox gave the license to Cyanide for the first game.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I am hopeful but that studio doesn't seem to have much in the way of good games.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Glad to see something happened because WoD is one of my absolute favorite game settings, but I don't have my hopes very high. I can see why they went Werewolf, as it's the easiest fit if they're going for a mostly hack and slash type game.

Not WoD, but somewhat related, Focus is publishing a game from the Life is Strange devs called Vampyr that should be coming out this year.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I am hopeful but that studio doesn't seem to have much in the way of good games.

So I guess they released some interactive novel type "game" on Steam the other day with a Vampire and a Mage chapter. A lot of the reviews are rather up in arms about the naked virtue signaling the writing seems to have. I read there's some transexual vampire that runs around killing Trump supporters among other things. My trepidation over this new White Wolf has just been ratcheted up several notches.

Link to game:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I guess they released some interactive novel type "game" on Steam the other day with a Vampire and a Mage chapter. A lot of the reviews are rather up in arms about the naked virtue signaling the writing seems to have. I read there's some transexual vampire that runs around killing Trump supporters among other things. My trepidation over this new White Wolf has just been ratcheted up several notches.

full retard.jpg

Rime

<Donor>
I bought that. Shitty visual novel and all, but I am starved for 'GOOD' vampire stuff and WoD, shitty as some of the stuff got, always scratched that itch. I returned it. Waaaay too virtue signaling.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Not a massive surprise, I guess. The original WoD always had those Causes packed into their games (Werewolf's militant environmentalism, for instance), and the guy heading up the new White Wolf comes across as really fixated on that. Chances are the games are going to end up fairly heavy on the social commentary.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Whelp, I'm in. That was crazy weird and looks great.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users