Unturned (Early Access: DayZ + Minecraft Survival)

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Unturned on Steam

Early Access, free to play. DayZ + Minecraft. Caught my attention because it's meteoric rise on steamcharts.Unturned - Steam ChartsRank #8 most popular game on Steam and rising fast. Haven't tried it yet but people are liking it obviously.

Unturned Gameplay, Survival Basics First Impressions - Minecraft Meets Dayzgood first impressions vid.

About the Game
Unturned is a sandbox game in the emerging multiplayer apocalypse survival genre. Rather than focusing on being an MMO it provides players with easy systems to sit down and survive the zombie infestation with their friends. Over the course of a typical adventure, groups will have a blast fortifying locations, scavenging for supplies, trying to live off the land and negotiating with other people. The game is being developed entirely with the community in focus, and tons of features are based entirely on feedback:

Fortification:
Players can build massive forts out of structural building blocks, or build onto smaller buildings in the world with barricades. It is also possible to create traps and intricate electronic systems. More options for building are constantly being added based on what the community requests.

Survival:
It is entirely possible to live off the wilderness by harvesting trees and rocks, growing crops and hunting animals down. What sort of survival stuff is added is entirely decided by the community.

Explore:
The game goes where the community wants it to. The initial release map is set on the lovely Prince Edward Island, but over the next few months many more locations will arrive for players to explore depending on what the community wants to see. Currently the island has plenty of interesting locations to discover and loot.

Bandits:
Players can choose to enter player versus player servers and battle other players to steal their gear. Banditry is highly supported with plenty of weapons and sneaky devices.

Heroes:
Players can join player versus environment servers to team up with other people, and easily create clans to play with their pals.

Early Access:
This is the first public release of the game, but new features and content are constantly getting added as a result of community feedback. You can see how far the game has come with the help of the community since the original testing prototype:

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Got a dedicated server up at wtfgogu.go.ro:25255 password=fohfoh . Let me know if it works.

Didn't have time to actually play it yet but it looks fun.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Got a dedicated server up at wtfgogu.go.ro:25255 password=fohfoh .
It's working. Managed to connect and play for an hour. Mixed feelings on it - not as much immediate fun as others in the genre(s) (gogusrl this is made worse on your server as you select 'Arena' for server type - no contact with any kind of civilization, which seems to mean no towns or buildings so no finding any gear).

fris

Vyemm Raider
seems like a minecraft graphics version of 7 Days to die or Rust. I played a ton of Rust, but couldn't get into 7 days to die. what's this offer over those other than free2play (hi more hackers & griefers) ?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
seems like a minecraft graphics version of 7 Days to die or Rust. I played a ton of Rust, but couldn't get into 7 days to die. what's this offer over those other than free2play (hi more hackers & griefers) ?
Hah me too. I dunno what it is about 7 days but just didnt play it at all.

On a side note Rust really did piss me the fuck off with what they did. Even more are all the nut huggers hanging out to Garrys balls defending their move.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What'd they do with Rust that pissed you off?

And I have no idea what the appeal of this game is. The graphics are fucking terrible. I feel like people saw Minecraft get away with it and decided to say fuck giving anything any effort, just go with something that would've been cutting edge in 1996.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
A teenager made this, give it a try first before judging it. He really did an A+ effort and has been fixing issues very fast. He stated he doubt 500 would try it and lastnight 35k we're playing it, dunno how many paid $5 though.

I enjoy it much more so than DayZ SA currently.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What'd they do with Rust that pissed you off?

And I have no idea what the appeal of this game is. The graphics are fucking terrible. I feel like people saw Minecraft get away with it and decided to say fuck giving anything any effort, just go with something that would've been cutting edge in 1996.
The whole "oh hey guys weve decided to remake the entire game so its gonna be a while before you see anything new". Im willing to bet its gonna be doa by the time the new version is playable because everyone will have moved on.

fris

Vyemm Raider
i thought everyone already had
smile.png