Up in the Air (2009)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Up in the Air (2009)

Tagline: The story of a man ready to make a connection.

Genre: Drama, Romance

Director: Jason Reitman

Cast: George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, Anna Kendrick, Sam Elliott, Amy Morton, Jason Bateman, Melanie Lynskey, J.K. Simmons, Danny McBride, Zach Galifianakis, Tamala Jones, Adhir Kalyan, Keri Maletto, Steve Eastin, Adrienne Lamping, Chris Lowell, Erin McGrane

Release: 2009-09-05

Runtime: 110

Plot: Corporate downsizing expert Ryan Bingham spends his life in planes, airports, and hotels, but just as he’s about to reach a milestone of ten million frequent flyer miles, he meets a woman who causes him to rethink his transient life.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else really like this movie?

Not a lot really happens in the movie, it's just really well written and has a great cast.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I've watched it a few times. Partially because of Kendrick and Farmiga, but the script itself is pretty good and it's a nice relaxing watch.

• 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's really only good if you have an anna kendrick secretary look fetish, so yea, good for everyone

• 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I enjoyed this one a lot. Good story, enjoyed Clooney and Kendrick and Farmiga. All did amazing. This was the first movie I really noticed Kendrick, then 50/50. I think she got accolades?

Szlia

Voted 19th best film released in 2010 by my circle of friends (I had it in 9th place). Benefitting from a lack of consensus, the winner that year was the marvelously strange The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

I think about Up in the Air from time to time because of the scene where Farmiga's character, asked by Kendrick's what she wants in a man, answers "A nice smile." I never watched the movie again since then, so this memory might be inaccurate.

EDIT : memory still works ok

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database