used or new car

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was quoted 3 different bi-weekly payments that had about $5 difference in each. $138, $134, $129.

Do I just come out to the dealer #1 and tell them I want a better deal. #3 dealer is pretty far and #2 dealer has a shitty reputation. Online price (from KIA) was $126-7 or close to that. I am hoping to push it down to $120 if possible.

About half of the dealership was telling me I should get them asap before "2014 stock runs out." Wakandans think I am green.
What kind of ghetto dealer is charging bi-weekly payments. Also if you even think about negotiating based on the payment amount you are going to be fucked hard and long in the asshole. The moment a dealer asks what you want your payments to be you should tell him to eat a dick and walk out. You need to price the car not payments, you should know your budget and if $20-60 a month is something that makes you think twice about buying a car maybe you shouldn't.

If you are talking to different dealerships play the against each other and get at least one of them to put down some hard numbers in writing and take that shit with you to the other dealer if need be. Of course they never want to give you the paper they are writing all their bullshit on but fuck em take it anyways or get a copy.. take a picture with your phone whatever you need to do.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What kind of ghetto dealer is charging bi-weekly payments. Also if you even think about negotiating based on the payment amount you are going to be fucked hard and long in the asshole. The moment a dealer asks what you want your payments to be you should tell him to eat a dick and walk out. You need to price the car not payments, you should know your budget and if $20-60 a month is something that makes you think twice about buying a car maybe you shouldn't.
Yep. FOR ONLY 26 DOLLARS A DAY YOU TOO CAN HAVE A MERCEDES!!!

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
actually i work at a kia dealership and for a lot of cars 2014s are gone. not all talk from a dealership is bullshit. in fact, more often than not the customers lie 10x more than the dealership does. another story for another day i suppose.
You work at a dealership, but you don't know how they operate?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>

If you are talking to different dealerships play the against each other and get at least one of them to put down some hard numbers in writing and take that shit with you to the other dealer if need be. Of course they never want to give you the paper they are writing all their bullshit on but fuck em take it anyways or get a copy.. take a picture with your phone whatever you need to do.
I took a picture of first dealer. Asked for a total price which includes taxes et all. Those $20-60 dollars add up to thousands in the end.

actually i work at a kia dealership and for a lot of cars 2014s are gone. not all talk from a dealership is bullshit. in fact, more often than not the customers lie 10x more than the dealership does. another story for another day i suppose.
Yeah, Russians lol. I wouldn't want to pull random numbers out of my ass. I talked to a salesman who I happened to bumped into at my work. Told him I am looking for a KIA forte, said he would hook me up, etc etc. He sold 14 Forte last month alone and this month the deal is probably better than last month.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
You work at a dealership, but you don't know how they operate?
That is cute. This isn't the 70's or 80's anymore. With all the internet reviews and 3rd party sources of information (invoice, forums for deals, internet quotes etc) how the hell can anyone make a statement so stupid?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I took a picture of first dealer. Asked for a total price which includes taxes et all. Those $20-60 dollars add up to thousands in the end.
That's kind of the point. Those $20-60 could add up to thousands but not in your favor. The price of the car is the price of the car, and that's where your conversation with the dealer should begin and end. Go to a credit union and see about a low interest loan you should already have an idea of the total figure you are willing to finance and you can get a solid idea of what those payments would be like based off your interest and total loan amount.

Talk to the dealer as if you are going to pay cash and then at the end give him a chance to beat the credit union on interest. Don't let him tack any bullshit additional fee's and surcharges, but for the love of all that is holy don't use monthly payment price as a tool of negotiation. That shit is a car dealers bread and butter, they do that shit all day and will get you a nice comfortable number a month so you are feeling happy and then totally fuck you on the back end.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
That's kind of the point. Those $20-60 could add up to thousands but not in your favor. The price of the car is the price of the car, and that's where your conversation with the dealer should begin and end. Go to a credit union and see about a low interest loan you should already have an idea of the total figure you are willing to finance and you can get a solid idea of what those payments would be like based off your interest and total loan amount.

Talk to the dealer as if you are going to pay cash and then at the end give him a chance to beat the credit union on interest. Don't let him tack any bullshit additional fee's and surcharges, but for the love of all that is holy don't use monthly payment price as a tool of negotiation. That shit is a car dealers bread and butter, they do that shit all day and will get you a nice comfortable number a month so you are feeling happy and then totally fuck you on the back end.
What are the ways do they fuck you over. I asked total price after they made it sound like they were giving me a deal. Didn't buy that for a minute so I asked total cost. Turns out it wasn't much of a deal.

Credit union offers shitter rate than the car dealers. Its at least triple the going rate from the dealer.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My friend has a 5 year old Kia Sorento (think it's a Sorento, it's a jeep anyway) and it seems that fucker spends more time in the shop than being driven.

Siliconemelons

I suck at math, but with all the calculators etc. available on the interwebs you should know before going in that X$ car = Y$ per month payment at aprox Z% APR for Q years

With sites like Edmunds.com you should have an idea of a new car's invoice- there are always promotions etc. you should pay at most invoice and that's without trying.

If you finance @ dealership you negotiate twice, front house for car price and then back house for finance details- if they give you 5.5% apr for 5 years- don't just say yes, either stall and murmer until they offer a % off or just ask for it.

Every initial offer has more breathing room than you think- 5k for your trade? 6-7k is obtainable, 5.5% APR 3.5-4% is what you should aim for. 35k sticker 30k invoice -> 30k out the door is what you should target.

Every time I initiate contact with a car sales person I always say "I only want to see out the door prices, if you give me a price it will be the OTD price" this is very useful for online sales contacts when you have it in writing. I always get my OTD price to where I want before I even mention trade-in, I even go as to not bring my trade in or park where they do not really see me so they cant pre-size it up.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time I initiate contact with a car sales person I always say "I only want to see out the door prices, if you give me a price it will be the OTD price" this is very useful for online sales contacts when you have it in writing. I always get my OTD price to where I want before I even mention trade-in, I even go as to not bring my trade in or park where they do not really see me so they cant pre-size it up.
I did this with 3 dealerships in my area and used their prices to kind of pit them against each other to get to the lowest price. Since I had my financing and knew my down payment I basically told them that I just wanted what it would cost after tax/title/doc off the lot and then did the rest of the math myself. Giving them as little information as possible outside of what they provide you is the best way to go since they can't really account for what you're intending on putting down etc.. edit: there was one dealership that just kept trying to give me the run around telling me that they couldn't really give me that info without first coming in to look at the "amazing cars and deals they have in stock" so I just wrote them off and stopped contacting them because at that point they were wasting my time.