• No

Votes: 76 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think you read how this works, go back a page and read how I said it is working.

and im saying any decision you make based on the results of a flawed poll won't accurately represent the will of the forum. Based on the votes so far 2/3rds of the forum doesn't think he should be banned but 2/3rds of the forum thinks he should be punished in some way, but only 1/3rd of the forum votes for the non-ban punishment option.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All the vote does is bump the case up to a_skeleton_03 to make a decision on it. It's not like he's beholden to the percentages to make a decision.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He rendered a lot of quality threads virtually uninhabitable - I take issue not with the decision but the manner in which it was conducted. He was already courting a litany of bannable offenses, so why was it necessary to create a thread with an incendiary title, dedicate 30+ pages to winding him up even more, only to condition his continued participation here on proof we all know doesn't fucking exist? There's no excusing the way he behaved, but that's some cruel shit.

If you perpetuate a lie that is shown in a multitude of ways to be factually false and pretty much no one believes you any longer, why continue speaking it? I mean, I guess it all comes down to is Ut an adult or a functional retard. If you treat him like the latter, it was cruel. If he's an adult, then it's on him. I mean, he's the one who went to non Rickshaw places to call other people out and reference this stuff. It had died down for weeks and he brought it back up.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
and im saying any decision you make based on the results of a flawed poll won't accurately represent the will of the forum. Based on the votes so far 2/3rds of the forum doesn't think he should be banned but 2/3rds of the forum thinks he should be punished in some way, but only 1/3rd of the forum votes for the non-ban punishment option.
I am not basing it on the poll. The poll was "does a_skeleton_03 have to review this action" and that is all.

We have reached the threshold of votes for that to happen. I could lock the thread now and read it and make my decision. It seems like people have more to say though so I am leaving it open the full length. Every day that goes by I will monitor and decide if the traffic on it has slowed down and then lock it and read it all and get a better picture of what the community feels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am not basing it on the poll. The poll was "does a_skeleton_03 have to review this action" and that is all.

We have reached the threshold of votes for that to happen. I could lock the thread now and read it and make my decision. It seems like people have more to say though so I am leaving it open the full length. Every day that goes by I will monitor and decide if the traffic on it has slowed down and then lock it and read it all and get a better picture of what the community feels.

Meh I'll just stop nitpicking then.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you perpetuate a lie that is shown in a multitude of ways to be factually false and pretty much no one believes you any longer, why continue speaking it? I mean, I guess it all comes down to is Ut an adult or a functional retard. If you treat him like the latter, it was cruel. If he's an adult, then it's on him. I mean, he's the one who went to non Rickshaw places to call other people out and reference this stuff. It had died down for weeks and he brought it back up.

Yes, but he's crazy, and he exhibited his craziness predictably and predictably publicly. That thread was spectacle, and an unnecessarily cruel one. A summary banning was all that was necessary. The expressed reason for banning (paycheck or ban, lololololol) was wholly illegitimate, which is particularly irksome on account of the fact that amod had more than a few actionable violations of community standards to work with. This was an utter shitshow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This right here. Not sure who is innocent, we all play along. I was privately having conversations with a_skeleton_03 about shutting that thread down but I should have been public about my misgivings. (totally unfair that a bunch of us probably unload on a_skeleton_03 privately when he shouldn't have to deal with all this shit mods)

It wasn't just what he did to you though, you and others have some blame in this as well. Poking the drunk angry guy is funny to some because of the way you expect him to react and boy did he react.

The doxx stuff should have been shut down by mods immediately, instead they played along (and so did you, your reasoning for which I understand). It's unacceptable behavior and UT should absolutely be punished for it. That's not why he was banned though, the reason given at the time was he was being banned for not releasing real life information about himself.

UT deserves some punishment here, but I think having a title calling you a loser drunk and all this attention on the situation has been quite a punishment for everyone here.

UT has earned a short leash on moderation, but I'd rather he just be told to shut up, given a valid reason for his RRP's, and then not antagonized further into melting down. He's an easy target and I'd hope our moderators would be more about shutting this shit down instead of piling on like asshats themselves.

Poor poor utnayan. He is such a victim. Tagging people in posts at rabdom to scream at them and insult them, doxing people, shitting up threads, acting generally like a 16 year old who just got wasted on Grandmas table wine

Poor poor utnayan

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
here's where i'm at. i voted YES to unbanning Utnayan.
the reason for banning Ut was bullshit
tacking on other allegations to solidify the ban is bullshit too, he wasnt banned for those other things.
rickshawing Ut for a year is bullshit too, since bullshitting is not now and has never has been against our rules.
i also think a mod baiting someone into a ban is highly fucked up, especially when that person is already in the RRP where its anything goes as per our rules.

not telling you what to do a_skeleton_03, this is your dojo after all. but may i suggest unbanning Ut, give him a week or two in the RRP just for shitting up threads and causing drama. then release him on probation and if he goes back to his old ways then send him back to RRP again.

• 6Like
  • 2Salty
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
here's where i'm at. i voted YES to unbanning Utnayan.
the reason for banning Ut was bullshit
tacking on other allegations to solidify the ban is bullshit too, he wasnt banned for those other things.
rickshawing Ut for a year is bullshit too, since bullshitting is not now and has never has been against our rules.
i also think a mod baiting someone into a ban is highly fucked up, especially when that person is already in the RRP where its anything goes as per our rules.

not telling you what to do a_skeleton_03, this is your dojo after all. but may i suggest unbanning Ut, give him a week or two in the RRP just for shitting up threads and causing drama. then release him on probation and if he goes back to his old ways then send him back to RRP again.

That's s little too much clemency for me. You're mostly a General Forum guy, right? Ut pretty much exclusively haunts OG threads and ruins them with some regularity. At minimum I feel like he needs permanent threadbans from half a dozen topics, but I do feel like your logic is sound here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's s little too much clemency for me. You're mostly a General Forum guy, right? Ut pretty much exclusively haunts OG threads and ruins them with some regularity. At minimum I feel like he needs permanent threadbans from half a dozen topics, but I do feel like your logic is sound here.
i understand he was shawed for shitting up threads, so he was already being punished. i dont have issue with that and thats not why he was banned. he was banned by Araysar because he gave him an ultimatum. 24 hours to prove he was telling the truth about his fake claims, admit he was full of shit or face a year ban. he didnt comply with any of those parameters and was banned within that 24 hour period FOR A YEAR. we dont have any kind of rules for that. remember he was already in the shaw. its like if i get sent to prison for theft and the warden then leads me to their electric chair and if i dont confess to my crimes he will throw the switch. that doesnt happen, but it essentially did here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i understand he was shawed for shitting up threads, so he was already being punished. i dont have issue with that and thats not why he was banned. he was banned by Araysar because he gave him an ultimatum. 24 hours to prove he was telling the truth about his fake claims, admit he was full of shit or face a year ban. he didnt comply with any of those parameters and was banned within that 24 hour period FOR A YEAR. we dont have any kind of rules for that. remember he was already in the shaw. its like if i get sent to prison for theft and the warden then leads me to their electric chair and if i dont confess to my crimes he will throw the switch. that doesnt happen, but it essentially did here.

he wasnt in the shaw. the thread was but he was not under any punishment at the time

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
but may i suggest unbanning Ut, give him a week or two in the RRP just for shitting up threads and causing drama. then release him on probation and if he goes back to his old ways then send him back to RRP again.

yeah that worked the other 20+ times so well

he is a drunk who has no self control when he is wasted.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I just want to point out that I'm not using the examples of the attempted doxx as a reason for the ban, but just as an example of the kind of person he is and how he's treated me (and I'm sure others) on here. It's more of a response to the Utnayan defence league who are quite happy with screaming dindu nuttin when anyone talks about him.

I'm pretty shittered right now, but like an adult I'm going to go to sleep instead of sperging out online.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah that worked the other 20+ times so well

he is a drunk who has no self control when he is wasted.
thats not the reason why he was banned, he was banned because you got into it with him and forced a 24 hour ultimatum on him to put up or be shut up and he didnt put up. he was NOT banned for shitposting for 15 years and annoying others. we dont have ban rules for that. full disclosure, i was also given a 24 hour ultimatum by tuco to link proof about trump mocking others in the same way he mocked a NYT reporter. Lithose came in and helped me prove i was right and i was still banned for it. i got the ban overturned, but it was bullshit and i'm still salty about it because of it.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I'm okay with Araysar being the Eliot Ness of the forums and I'm looking forward to the FoH remake.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
thats not the reason why he was banned, he was banned because you got into it with him and forced a 24 hour ultimatum on him to put up or be shut up and he didnt put up. he was NOT banned for shitposting for 15 years and annoying others. we dont have ban rules for that. full disclosure, i was also given a 24 hour ultimatum by tuco to link proof about trump mocking others in the same way he mocked a NYT reporter. Lithose came in and helped me prove i was right and i was still banned for it. i got the ban overturned, but it was bullshit and i'm still salty about it because of it.

LMAO, OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.