Utopia

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Utopia

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure, Mystery

Creator: Gillian Flynn

Cast: John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, Dan Byrd, Cory Michael Smith, Sasha Lane, Desmin Borges, Javon 'Wanna' Walton, Farrah Mackenzie, Hadley Robinson, Christopher Denham, Ashleigh LaThrop, Jessica Rothe, Jeanine Serralles, Crystal R. Fox

Overview: A group of young adults who met online are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy deep state organization after they come into possession of a near-mythical cult underground graphic novel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember how dark the original was. I'll give the Amazon version a shot and see how they fare.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The original was an amazing show and one of my favorite shows of all time.
I just cant see how the adaptation would be as good as the original, let alone better.
Oh, well, at least it gives me a reason to rewatch the original.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Still on my list for one of the best ways to do a plot twist. When you see the reveal and then suddenly everything beforehand suddenly makes so much more sense.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Did the original ever come to the US via streaming etc? Ive never been able to find it :(

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
12205-oMY53BtS9vOTAhKgWr2gNYyLBOw.jpg

Title: Utopia

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure, Mystery

Creator: Gillian Flynn

Cast: John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, Dan Byrd, Cory Michael Smith, Sasha Lane, Desmin Borges, Javon 'Wanna' Walton, Farrah Mackenzie, Hadley Robinson, Christopher Denham, Ashleigh LaThrop, Jessica Rothe, Jeanine Serralles, Crystal R. Fox

Overview: A group of young adults who met online are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy deep state organization after they come into possession of a near-mythical cult underground graphic novel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Blitz Blitz your first post got wiped out when I added the info. Just a heads up if you want to repost that.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did the original ever come to the US via streaming etc? Ive never been able to find it :(

I streamed it years ago on something. Damn... maybe it was just via torrents. It had been so long. Need to rewatch before this starts.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This definitely gets the award for ugliest ensemble cast. Usually that means they can act at least.

Usually.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Opening scene to the UK series this will be based off. Great show, mega-violent show:

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have a feeling that they won't do the school shooter scene... either that or they'll REALLY tame it down.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Which show was the original version of this? Seems like there are a few shows called Utopia.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have a feeling that they won't do the school shooter scene... either that or they'll REALLY tame it down.
Really hope they keep the mega-violence. The assassin in the show was just fucking crazy nonchalant. Some No Country For Old Men shit. It'd be a shame if they skipped all that.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never saw the original and only two episodes in, but this is pretty good.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
On episose 3 now and so far I hate this Jessica bitch. Don't know if she is suppossed to be a protagonist but she is extremly unlikable.

Otherwise show is great.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Having never seen the UK version, I thought it was fine. I'll have a hard time imagining I'll remember much of anything of it in 30 days, but especially when content is limited, it's worth a watch.

First impressions aren't great, with the multiracial lead, 'body positive' past protector, and villainous white dudes (only), and pushing said villainous white dudes to the end of the episode as opposed to the UK opening above mean you have a lot of deadtime until you get to the first action bit.
The major twists are telegraphed five episodes ahead, but some of the minor twists (blondie, the victims of the mass shooting, twins) legitimately surprised me...

... That said, when episode 8 started, I thought it had a surprisingly pat ending, only for the last ten minutes to entirely toss the gameboard to set up Season 2.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database