V Rising

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
These kinds of games all have some level of grind. I didn't find it too bad in my last playthrough. not as bad as valhiems.
Right they do but some of them are balanced around multiplayer grind, while others are balanced around solo grind. Like Terraria you can play solo without any concern, the grind is extremely light. Valheim and this from what I've heard is a lot more grindy if you're solo so you want to mod them some to make it better if solo. Can play without modifying it but that's up to you basically, same way you can make Terraria much grindier if you want(or much harder). I like that aspect of these games, they're usually somewhat easy to mod to fit your own needs.

Caliane

yeah, you can definitely adjust "server settings", and this is one of those games, where even solo, you setting up a "private server"

I would say, try it default first.

one of the issues I had in early versions was Im pretty sure sending your minions out to farm was locked to servers being online. 24hour resources mission? well, sending them out, then turning off the game for the night. no time would progress.
currently, time does progress for that. so, minions absolutely do farm for you well.
Automation for crafting timers. sawmill taking too long? build 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I always support games that will allow the player to adjust the grindiness of games like this. Some people like myself are just masochist though and love the grind.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
That's a good idea. I might try that since I had control of the server.

Valheim yeah I can see being a rough solo grind, but it didn't feel grindy due to the immersion of just going out and chilling in the world.

• 1Like

Caliane

Unexpected crossover.

Simon Belmont added to vampire hunter bosses. Whips added as a new weapon type.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Unexpected crossover.

Simon Belmont added to vampire hunter bosses. Whips added as a new weapon type.
excited andy samberg GIF

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Strong crossover choice. And it's always nice when crossover content works organically with the game's base setting.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I played this a while back but it was my first time in the game and the people I was playing with were speed running so I stopped. I wanted to take it slower and experience the content a little more. That said, how is this solo? Usually I prefer to play these types of games in a group.

Also thinking about buying Enshrouded but I am leaning toward waiting until it comes out of EA, especially since the map is hand-designed.

Caliane

The iron grind is real. Just settle into that swamp for the next few weeks.
the frustrating part is when you explore, find a swamp, build the outpost/dock. explore it. find 1 dungeon, get 20 iron bars out of it... and its the only one. got to go find another swamp. find a swamp.. no dungeon... find another one... thats what frustrated me the most int he end. I went through like 5 swamps and didn't get enough iron to build a complete set, nevermind base deco.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
the frustrating part is when you explore, find a swamp, build the outpost/dock. explore it. find 1 dungeon, get 20 iron bars out of it... and its the only one. got to go find another swamp. find a swamp.. no dungeon... find another one... thats what frustrated me the most int he end. I went through like 5 swamps and didn't get enough iron to build a complete set, nevermind base deco.
I've learned through multiple playthroughs that you gotta find a swamp with at least a dozen dungeons. Don't rest till you confirm it.

Caliane

yeh, so this isn't half as bad. its a hand made world, so no rng on material locations. They are preset and respawn. its very much designed for pvp. Where do you get iron? the haunted iron mine, or the golem cave. and everyone has to "share" those two locations. silver mine, glass, etc. people get funneled into the same location to harvest.

Early version of the game let you build anywhere. they did change that. now there's plots. just about any open land IS a plot. but, it does stop the exploration.

minions of course can also mostly safely collect resources, when sent on missions. pvp has to decide if they want them on base defense, or sent out. they can also get hurt while out. but, this is rng. they don't actually "physically" operate in the game world.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The last time I played Valheim, the rest of the people I was playing with disappeared for a while so I went hardcore into iron. Find a swamp that has 5 or 6 crypts in it and park the big boat. Build a portal. You're going to be there for a while. I lost count but I know I had gotten hundreds of iron bars.

Unfortunately, that game didn't go much beyond that. People get tired of the grind and move on. Another EA game with great potential that the dev releases and then switches to slow motion on updates.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but this isn't the Valheim thread....

Solo is fine. Just tweak your game world setting before you start to up the stack size and shorten crafting, research, and minion timers.

Caliane

Full release is getting a price increase. 3 more days at current price. pretty notable price increase. and again, I do recommend this game. so consider getting now.

That means we’ll be increasing the price of V Rising on Steam to 34.99 USD/EUR. The price on PlayStation 5 will be announced at a later date.

Right now is your last chance to get V Rising at its current price: 19.99 USD/EUR. It will be available for this price until April 5th, 2024, roughly one month before the full release date.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Full release is getting a price increase. 3 more days at current price. pretty notable price increase. and again, I do recommend this game. so consider getting now.

Very rarely buying EA pays off. But I feel like this time it did.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's 20% off on Fanatical too so yeah grabbed it since I figured it won't drop under 16$ anytime soon after the price increase. No plans to play this right away but well it's cheap.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Been playing it solo and really enjoying it although some of the encounters are a little tough solo. Git gud, I guess.

I really like that building is easy to change things.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Honestly, $40 is still a perfectly reasonable price for the game. Can't really hold it against them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I think I am getting a little better. My kid and I played together a bit and downed a couple more bosses and then it felt like I was able to get ahead of the gear curve a little and I started taking bosses out solo again. As usual, I think this is a game that would be a lot more fun and less grindy with a group of friends. Pimpin' my castle out.

• 1Like