Vacation Friends (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Vacation Friends (2021)

Genre: Comedy, Thriller, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Clay Tarver

Cast: John Cena, Lil Rel Howery, Meredith Hagner, Yvonne Orji, Robert Wisdom, Lynn Whitfield, Kamal Angelo Bolden, Carlos Santos, Travis Love, Chuck Cooper, Sonny Charles, Cristian Gonzalez, Hugh Moore, Ramiro 'Ramir' Delgado Ruiz, Chris TC Edge, Julitza Berberena, Noelle Jackson

Release: 2021-08-27

Plot: When a straight-laced couple that has fun with a rowdy couple on vacation in Mexico return to the States, they discover that the crazy couple they met in Mexico followed them back home and decide to play tricks on them.

spronk

FPS noob

Looks funny enough, hard to tell from trailers if all the funny bits are in the trailer or if the movie is actually funny. Seems like 2021 is the Cena verse, with this, Fast and Furious 9, Suicide Squad, and the upcoming HBO Peacemaker (SS) tv show

The more interesting thing is this movie is going STRAIGHT to Hulu on Aug 27th, no theatrical window at all. I can see more and more comedies doing that, comedies are basically box office poison at this point

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not worried about Cena's comedy chops. Concerned about the supporting cast-- but I think he can carry them.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LMAO

I read this as “VACCINATION Friends” starring John Cena. That would’ve been so much fucking better.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Very funny, wouldn't be upset if I paid to see it in the theater

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Most of the funny is in the trailer but movie flows good. Cena does the the crazy drug character as always but everything works, ill put it on again

Homsar

Very funny, wouldn't be upset if I paid to see it in the theater
After it was over i mentioned it was one of the only movies i wouldnt have hated seeing the last year and a half in theatre. Only other movie that hasnt been awful was wrath of man

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This was a lot better than I expected. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Worth a watch.

Kiki

Log Wizard
This was pretty funny, gotta admit. Could have used some titties tho.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This vastly exceeded expectations based on the trailer, but was also disappointing because there are much better movies that follow this same formula. Had a good share of funny moments though. I have no idea who Lil Rel Howery is but we were both distracted and wondering if Kevin Hart just wasn't available the weekend they shot this. Maybe it was the pacing or the writing in the "falling out" scene and how quickly things turned around, but I felt that entire thing could have been more impactful.

6.5/10 glad we stuck through it

Kiki

Log Wizard
He was pretty good in Bad Trip, which is a interesting premise for a movie. Only 3 actors and the rest are real people reacting. A very different movie from every line being scripted.

spronk

FPS noob
musta done really well on PVOD (makes sense), already greenlit a sequel

• 1Like

OneofOne

Cena is a little bitch. Fuck him and any movie he's in.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this last night and it was pretty funny. Definitely worth a watch since its free on Hulu. 6/10.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database