Venom (2018)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
After reading several reactions, I didn’t expect anything more. Without Spider-Man, Marvel could care less. Their only hope was for Kevin Feige to have been involved and have a plan for this story to somehow play into their grand Spiderman plan but, it seemed evident early on that Venom was going to be kept at a distance from everything else. I’d say for people just to enjoy it for what it is and hope Carnage is better. I don't understand how long will it take for Sony or Fox to understand their movies are mediocre at best and the bar is a little higher than it was when FF and Spiderman were released. At least we'll hopefully salvage FF and X-men. I guess all the dark Marvel stuff that Sony plans to release will be hit or miss. We can just hope for the best.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Should've just made it R. Made it hyper violent. If a movie is hyper violent, it doesn't even NEED to be "good". You tell me Venom fucks people up and disembowels people but the story is lacking? I'm still gonna see that shit!

Unfortunately, I am already going to see this shit Friday.

• 1Picard

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
So did... did she take on the symbiote, and proceed to castrate the men in the city?

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
So did... did she take on the symbiote, and proceed to castrate the men in the city?

Anne Weying - Wikipedia

7K2b7n89hhFc5-XEfEZ8Ex3NeXQXL1seljpmT1gUbwg.jpg

Brideofvenom.png

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
going tonight with a-list and a solid 8 member crew who give no shits. And we'll have a few beers before. Absolutely no expectations that this will even be remotely good, but hoping for a few good moments. I don't think, at any point since it was announced, I expected this to be in the positive review category.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
going tonight with a-list and a solid 8 member crew who give no shits. And we'll have a few beers before. Absolutely no expectations that this will even be remotely good, but hoping for a few good moments. I don't think, at any point since it was announced, I expected this to be in the positive review category.

I remember seeing the first trailer and thinking, "Oh. That looks terrible. Sucks I'm going to see it." It looks slightly better than that first one, but yeah, doesn't look stupendous. Hopefully Venom goes apeshit and murders a lot of people once or twice. Unfortunately in PG-13 style.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know what's better than watching trash tier superhero movies?

Being a poor shut-in.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

ugh...
"MICHELLE WILLIAMS: I haven’t seen it yet, so you know more about it than I do. You really care so much more about the thing that you’re making rather than the outcome. I’m curious about it, but it’s not where my real investment lies. My real investment is between action and cut. But I’m curious about how it all turns out. "
translation: "i don't care about this movie one way or another. i was in it for a paycheck. i suspect it's probably terrible, so i'm just trying to distance myself from this project."

edit: ugh x2...

"We’re in an alternate universe where many things in possible, and I wanted it to be possible in this moment in time for my character to have a lot of self-respect—so much self-respect that she stands up for herself and walks away from a relationship that she can’t abide by morally."

are you implying that it took a superhero movie... a movie where we are talking about it not only being possible that aliens and sym-BYE-OATS are REAL... THAT'S what it takes for a woman to have self-respect to be believable?

this whole poundmetoo movement is actually working backwards and they don't even realize it. "we don't want to be a victim!" "no one thinks you're a victim." "well let me tell you about how much we are victims!" "you don't want to be victims, but all you do is talk about how much of a victim you are? sounds good" "STOP VICTIMIZING ME!"

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They give Venom a 4 and the Last Jedi a 9.7.

I think i'll go see this.

They gave great writer Dan Abnett’s Alien Isolation a 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda a 7.7.

Yes I’m still triggered. Their review came out first and was a major reason the sales tanked because normies going to norm.

Fuck IGN.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
They gave great writer Dan Abnett’s Alien Isolation a 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda a 7.7.

Yes I’m still triggered. Their review came out first and was a major reason the sales tanked because normies going to norm.

Fuck IGN.

Last edited: