Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

Discussion in 'MMO Emulators' started by Control, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Antilles Member

Antilles
    Ratings:
    +10
    If there was any in guild drama I missed it. I think people have just been busy of late.

I was out of town for a while and came back to a lot of stuff at work that's kept me preoccupied. Starting to get some time again now and working on a mage to add to my War/Shm combo.

Wouldn't shock me if Hosix burnt out a bit, dude went really hard for a while there. Pure speculation on my part though.

2. bralkan The old ways are still best DONOR

bralkan
    Ratings:
    +350
    Got a cleric going. thanks for the server!

3. Biggby Member

Biggby
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm about to start going after epics, is the cleric epic Zordakalicus Ragefire spawned in Skyfire or Naggy's Lair?

4. Muligan Well-Known Member

Muligan
    Ratings:
    +134
    He's a dude in Naggy's lair. Turn in the stuff and he turns into a dagron

5. Biggby Member

Biggby
    Ratings:
    +14
    So no shard hunt in Skyfire?... phew.

Thought they might be the updated epic quests as the Hand of the Maestro is in Hate

6. Antilles Member

Antilles
    Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone else still playing? Server was in the 30s last night but Militant looks a little dormant now.

7. Eatbeast Member

Eatbeast
    Ratings:
    +2
    Myself and a friend are still playing (each 4-boxing), though not for the next week while family is in town. We are working on time phase 4, stuck on vallon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dalven Saor Alba DONOR

Dalven
    Ratings:
    +23
    I log in a couple of times a week for a few hours, my 4 box is in the low 50s and I'm having fun doing a self imposed progression thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harfle Member

Harfle
    Ratings:
    +23
    When you guys box do you use ISBoxer or what?

10. Antilles Member

Antilles
    Ratings:
    +10
  11. mkopec Well-Known Member DONOR

mkopec
    Ratings:
    +5,208
    @Control Should really up the exp rate for AAs. I got a necro to high 50s and tried to grind a few AAs and its slow as fuck compared to regular EXP it seems. There is no way I would want to grind 2-3 hundred AA at that rate let alone a thousand or two. I would also add a few more ports, especially in Luclin. Some of those places like the gray are a pain to get to.

Other than that its a good server. Been having fun running through all those zones like in 2000, lol.

#231 mkopec, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Utnayan Troll Patrol DONOR

Utnayan
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Can one solo in this with the changes on the server? Or is it still mostly group based? Only ask because I doubt there are a lot of lower level folks

13. Rikkon Member DONOR

Rikkon
    Ratings:
    +29
    Haven't had time to play lately because of the holidays but I made it to mid-50s quickly twoboxing (poorly)

Looking forward to wrapping up leveling after the holidays and grouping Kunark, velious & whatever you can do in pop

• Like Like x 1
  14. mkopec Well-Known Member DONOR

mkopec
    Ratings:
    +5,208
    Ive been soloing with necro NP. But obviously cannot take raids and shit lol. But I do kunark and velious and luclin nameds no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Utnayan Troll Patrol DONOR

Utnayan
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Awesome. So at appropriate level one can just whiz through Lguk? Seb and such? That sounds pretty awesome

• Like Like x 1
  16. pharmakos Alternative Amod DONOR

pharmakos
    Ratings:
    +906
    Yeah even my solo paladin could rip through dungeons levelling up

• Like Like x 1
  17. mkopec Well-Known Member DONOR

mkopec
    Ratings:
    +5,208
    All mobs have their HP halved and some of the shitty effects were taken out. Its definitely easier than live but still challenging to break certain camps, deal with adds and shit. Definitely better to two box. Its still manageable, like a SK and Cleric ive been running last two days. The cleric helps with the calms and of course the hraling and HP buffs. Just the sk is shit on the dps, so maybe 3 box would be the best. Tank, DPS, Healer. IS boxer has a setup where you can use hot buttons so you could set up a wiz nuke or magi with pets which were also buffed on this server.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Control Active Member

Control
    Ratings:
    +80
    Thanks for the feedback! I haven't really tested aa rates below 65 since I figured that's where most of them would get done. Not sure how fast you're getting them in the 50's, but I think it's pretty reasonable at 65. I've been meaning to take another go at the porters (and a bunch of other stuff really), but it's been chaos here for the past little while, so I've been mostly stuck at putting out the occasional fire.

Glad people are still enjoying the server :)

19. Mur Active Member

Mur
    Ratings:
    +248
    Solo'd my warrior up no problem, actually found it easier than my SK, and a mage was super ez mode. But, I don't box, and since raids are grp content, I am pretty much done for now. Need to recover from farming Raldukans in Umbral Planes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pointyboot Member

pointyboot
    Ratings:
    +1
    Any of you guys using modbot, e3 etc for your boxes? Looking for ideas for RoF2 client.