Vote for moderator(s) 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is just the vote to see if this is what the people want.

We can vote on process later or we can have that part dictated to us, we shall see how step one goes here.

This is anonymous, vote with your conscience.

You have 14 days.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just to give some frame of reference, the way I see this going is this. This isn't the way it MUST go, just my current opinion.

1. Some number of moderator seats would be up for a vote. There are currently 12 mods. I like 12. Maybe more, maybe less. These seats might be divided arbitrarily (Ex: seat 1-12, or the millie seat, jefflys seat, jenner seat, whatever). Or they might be divided based on forum section (Ex: sports mod, general mod, movie mod etc). Or both.

2. Based on the seating arrangement I'll decide which current moderator is incumbent in each seat.

3. In January I'll put up a thread in the comments forum for each of the seats. Anyone can announce their candidacy for the seat by posting in that thread with a candidacy speech. I will put the candidacy speeches in the OP in alphabetical order based on username.

4. In February, a_skeleton_03 will make a poll thread for each of the candidates in the comments forum. Users will have 1 week to vote. The voting will be anonymous.

Addendum 1: All moderators will be held to some code that amounts to, "Don't make Teljair restore a backup of the forum." Penalty for breaking of this rule may result in demotion and banning.
Addendum 2: Recalls and impeachment can be had with some vote threshold. Likely 60%. Maybe 70%.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Everything sounded good right up until "a_skeleton_03 will make a poll".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
At least it wasn't "Mist will make a poll"

Compared to Mist, a_skeleton_03 is the master of all polls

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
How about we just vote for the current moderators we like. Can vote for as many/few as you like. Lowest two get voted out and replaced with two new mods by popularity vote.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How about we just vote for the current moderators we like. Can vote for as many/few as you like. Lowest two get voted out and replaced with two new mods by popularity vote.
From what it sounds like that might happen but this is the option to bring new ones in.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This sounds very democratic, I'm glad we can have a virtual US government online.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Can we set up debates for the runners? We can make an entire election cycle for Rerolled.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
In that case I'm going to nominate Hodj and Tanoomba for the same seat and watch the thread burn. Mwhahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.