VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
People are actually buying Facebook's shit with the recent changes? Enjoy your several hundred dollar paperweight when you get your account closed for wrongthink.
I never post anything on Facebook outside of pictures of my dogs every other year.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I never post anything on Facebook outside of pictures of my dogs every other year.
Facebook knows everything about you. It knows you post here, and everywhere else you spend time on the internet. They are willing to brick your device if your account falls out of "good standing" which could be jeopardized by something as simple as finding an issue with your provided identification.

It's folly to trust them.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yea, but they'll be logging your eye movements and will eventually out you as a total dick gazer when some commie autist catches one of your posts bitching about teh gays.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Facebook knows everything about you. It knows you post here, and everywhere else you spend time on the internet. They are willing to brick your device if your account falls out of "good standing" which could be jeopardized by something as simple as finding an issue with your provided identification.

It's folly to trust them.
Even better, they know everything about people not on facebook too - you'd be a fool to think they don't have information logged for the identity of people AROUND other facebook users.

STRAP IN BUDDY

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's fine, I got one of these on at all times.

Corona The Truth Is Out There GIF

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dom show us where Facebook hurt you

And drink the koolaid we brought in

Wireless pcvr is great. I'm getting zucked

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Dom show us where Facebook hurt you

And drink the koolaid we brought in

Wireless pcvr is great. I'm getting zucked
I don't have a beef with Facebook as I don't use their products.

If you want to trust Facebook of all people to not shutdown your account (and thus your headset) over some bullshit, then that's your choice. Just be sure to watch every single word you say during multiplayer games with voice, ensure that every post you make doesn't clash with their open-ended TOS, and ensure that your provided ID is kept up to date.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

If you want to trust Facebook of all people to not shutdown your account (and thus your headset) over some bullshit, then that's your choice. Just be sure to watch every single word you say during multiplayer games with voice, ensure that every post you make doesn't clash with their open-ended TOS, and ensure that your provided ID is kept up to date.
ID must be a new thing because I've never had to provide an ID to use Facebook

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider

It’s more insidious than that. In the greater scheme of things I don’t give two shits if they brick a shitty headset that will have plenty of competetors in the future , for some dumb reason. What they actally want , and what’s worse, is the data they will gain on you , because they want to profit from it, and are more than happy to sell it to generate said profit.

at that point it’s the Wild West as far as who knows what about you or deduced based on the billions of dollars of algorithms they’ve blended into the thing to analyze your behaviors and wrap them into a sellable package.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Facebook decided, out of the blue, that they needed a picture ID of me to let me keep the account I used once every five years. Until I send them one, my account is locked and unusable.

I am never ever going to send my ID to Facebook. Nope.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
ID must be a new thing because I've never had to provide an ID to use Facebook
If they find reason to question that your identity is not real, they will require that you provide ID. Not doing so will mean your account will be disabled, and your headset along with it.

Enjoy your new social credit device

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's fine man, we can disagree with that. Look, I don't like necessarily being tied to an account like that - but at $299 it blows the doors off other devices and I was willing to take the risk.

I'd be willing to bet the hacking community is already working on a way to root this device. It's not like the Oculus store is any good - if they can root it and let you stream PCVR without facebook integration this will be the most powerful set on the market at its pricepoint AND not be tethered to an acct.

• 1Pathetic

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can you play anything in your Oculus library with the Quest 2? I bought a CV1 years ago and got some decent use out of it, but I haven't used it much for the past 2 years, the resolution just wasn't there for me.
But I'd like to play and finish games like Obduction, Arizona Sunshine, Skyrim VR, and explore a bit in Elite Dangerous.