War Thunder - MMO Combat Game

yossarian_sl

shitlord
Especially with shitty flight models. I'm pretty sure that guy would have torn that poor P-40 in half like 8 times in that video. He hit almost 700 mph in the first diving dog fight, WHILE ROLLING lol.
As an American I'm prone to the same mistake. You assumed imperial units. Keep in mind the devs are Russian. The indicated airspeed is actually 700 KPH... as are the ingame stats. So no, he wasn't diving at 700 mph. A near mach 1 p-40 would be a feat indeed. Never the less the plane is at about 430mph in the game (real life max speed of 360mph). Again this is arcade mode and is made to be fun for the player. If this were Historal Battle (which utilizes the more realistic flight models) he would have oversped the aircraft and lost the wings.

I do agree that some of the flight models are aweful, particularly with joystick support (p-39 with joystick is a nightmare), but each patch brings improvements. It is a BETA afterall.

So maybe try the game out a bit and cut the devs some slack.

It has been a great deal of fun for the time I've played it and I'm sure you'd enjoy it too.

first post
biggrin.png

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
As an arcade-style flight sim, I found War Thunder to be a lot more fun than World of War Planes which seemed clunky and hard to control with mouse+KB the last time I played it (2012). We'll have to wait and see if Gaijin can create tank combat that is polished enough to compete with World of Tanks.

I'm pissed that both companies decided to put off naval combat until last since I've been looking for an MMO WW2 Navy game since playing Navy Field years ago.

Oldbased

> Than U
1.41 is out and with Tanks. Tank portion is more like a simulator than arcade via WoT style.
It is the open beta release so it has some issues but very playable.

Just a heads up if anyone else enjoys such a thing.