Warcraft III: Reforged

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
They offered a free refund when they delayed the release. Wasnt impress by the beta at all. Ive been spoiled with playing too much starcraft2 and goin back to the old war3 engine just doesnt work for me. Game wasnt smooth at all, unit movements not precise, speed felt off. I could on but is simply realised i didnt wanna play systems that are over 2 decades old. My pink colored sunglasses werent pink enough 😉

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I deleted my blizzard account and haven't regretted it for a single moment.

That company is a goner anyway.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Weird flex but alright

I loved this game but definitely waiting on reviews. SC2 is hard to beat for me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It would be sorta interesting to see some of the events of WoW converted into RTS campaigns.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I probably should have refunded, but I guess I'm looking forward to tinkering with this.... really though it's not my kind of game anymore. I like my RTSes more like Supreme Commander, a bit grander in scale with massive armies. The camera on Warcraft 3 (and Starcraft 2) makes me feel almost claustrophobic. Would be cool if there was a mod that let you zoom out significantly further and let you manage a true horde of hundreds of units.

Even an approach closer to Age of Empires would be a big improvement.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you haven't played the campaign since the 2004 era, it is still a lot of fun. If your $30 gets you to revisit it, it will be worth your time and money.

Here is the thing though, the old/original client is still great. It looks fine, performs flawlessly. Over the last 15 years, I have probably gone back and played through all of the campaigns 4 times on Hard difficulty and they hold up better than most modern RTS games.

At first, I was stoked to hear they were working on a Reforged version of the game, but as I saw Grubby and others playing it on Twitch, my impression was that it looks like a cheap knock off of the original. It made me really think, "what is the point?"

If only they would have taken the time and effort and put it towards WC4. Of, course that assumes they even have the talent at Blizz to make a good-new WC game now which I highly doubt.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't been following this at all, but I am a fan of WC3 so I picked this up today. Now granted it's probably been years since I've played through the original game's campaign, but I seem to remember Thrall's prologue campaign was only like three little missions right? I am currently on
mission four of the prologue and I do not remember Thrall and his troll pals getting captured by Murlocs on an island in the Maelstrom. Did they say they added extra missions or am I not remembering this right lol?

New models and all look good, btw.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought it today. Can't wait to do some 4v4 action with mass bat riders! Sneak in behind someone's base and wreck shop before they can even tp in! Hahaha

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Super high res textures, and high quality audio. They probably future proofed the textures, so quality to account for 8k (not just 4k) wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't been following this at all, but I am a fan of WC3 so I picked this up today. Now granted it's probably been years since I've played through the original game's campaign, but I seem to remember Thrall's prologue campaign was only like three little missions right? I am currently on
mission four of the prologue and I do not remember Thrall and his troll pals getting captured by Murlocs on an island in the Maelstrom. Did they say they added extra missions or am I not remembering this right lol?

New models and all look good, btw.

The original demo was 5 prologue missions. The final release of WC3 cut the prologue down to 2 missions, the 3 cut missions were playable through TFT or something.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ONWGz54.png

How do I have that kind of letterboxing on a 21:9 display blizzard wtf

wow, the game is a broken buggy mess.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
How is this 30gb if it's just the old engine with some new textures?

The model polycount is significantly higher than anything else in wc3. It doesn't seem like a crazy amount but then multiply that by hundreds of units and hundreds of buildings. I personally enjoyed the low poly aesthetic of wc3 but it's pretty cool seeing the world rebuilt to modern day standards.

That said, I'm enjoying the campaign a lot even though I've beaten it like 20 times.

xzi

Mouthbreather
double post but it's sad to see Blizzard is still affected by refusing to work with Icefrog on DOTA 2 multiple times and then seeing a billion dollar franchise go to another company, so to solve that this is their response

It's actually insanely gross, even the wording is gross

Ownership: Custom Games are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Blizzard. Without limiting the foregoing, you hereby assign to Blizzard all of your rights, title, and interest in and to all Custom Games, including but not limited to any copyrights in the content of any Custom Games. If for any reason you are prevented or restricted from assigning any rights in the Custom Games to Blizzard, you grant to Blizzard an exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, unconditional, royalty free, irrevocable license enabling Blizzard to fully exploit the Custom Games (or any component thereof) for any purpose and in any manner whatsoever. You further agree that should Blizzard decide that it is necessary, you will execute any future assignments and/or related documents promptly upon receiving such a request from Blizzard in order to effectuate the intent of this paragraph. To the extent you are prohibited from transferring or assigning your moral rights to Blizzard by applicable laws, to the utmost extent legally permitted, you waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have in all such Custom Games, without any remuneration. Without limiting Blizzard’s rights or ownership in the Custom Games, Blizzard reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove Custom Games from its systems and/or require that a Custom Game developer cease any and/or all development and distribution of a Custom Game. Please note that your Blizzard account can be subject to disciplinary action in event that you do not comply with Blizzard’s request or this Policy.

yvCHKVa.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3WTF
  • 2Barf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 6 users