WarCraft (2016)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I liked the foot solider costumes a lot.

Other than that it was pretty whatever!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No, they talked about fel the whole movie.
Oh, yeah if you mean "Oh hey he is infected with Fel!" Or, "ITS FEL!" Or "HE HAS BEEN TAINTED WITH THE FEL!" Which I think I heard about 60 times. Meanwhile, when I watched Lord of the Rings fellowship of the ring, I knew who and why Sauron existed, where he came from, what he was after, and why they had to stop him. Not only would I have not known what the hell Fel really was, I also didn't know why Gul'dan existed, where he came from, how he came to power, and why he had to be stopped. (I know this because of playing the games) To anyone else (About 99% of the world) they left thinking "What the fuck did I just watch?"

In other words, the movie was a fucking horrid mess of patched together CGI which really fell short of what COULD have been an epic game story told on film.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I guess 99% of the world's population lack both the ability to use context clues and 5th grade critical thinking and reasoning skills.

Column_sl

shitlord
I guess 99% of the world's population lack both the ability to use context clues and 5th grade critical thinking and reasoning skills.
The world actually liked the movie, it was just the US were it tracked low.

Don't confuse UT's views as reality. That dude hasn't been correct about anything since the early 2000's.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Orgrim and Durotan had a lengthy discussion about how Gul'dan turned their world into dust. Which was followed by Durotan and king And in having the very same conversation

velk

Trakanon Raider
Meanwhile, when I watched Lord of the Rings fellowship of the ring, I knew who and why Sauron existed, where he came from, what he was after, and why they had to stop him.
Really ? I don't remember Sauron having any background or motivation in fellowship beyond being a dick.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Adam Rosser Interviews Duncan Jones - YouTube

without having to go through reddit, then some obscure video site.

The world actually liked the movie, it was just the US were it tracked low.

Don't confuse UT's views as reality. That dude hasn't been correct about anything since the early 2000's.
What was it he was correct about?

And yeah, who was Sauron? There is plenty of backstory regarding the rings, the kings and so forth, but Sauron? Bad guy in dark armor. He's the bad guy. That's it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Inclined to agree, i liked LOTR but i was always wishing theyd do a movie on the actual war and who Sauron is more than anything else. The movies are still great since i didnt read the books. However i never cared too much for the villains since the big bad i had no real clue about beyond what was said in the movies which is obscure.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
It seems really impossible to keep servers running for days upon days without restarting them to reset the iis or other services. Most of the time you have redundant servers in place so it's not noticeable or it doesn't matter because nobody is working on them at 3am.

Did everquest really run for weeks without server restart or is that just my memory being shitty?
It did, cried when they rebooted them. I made tons of plat from vendor sellbacks, my main setup was getting trash loot from vendors and reselling on the bazaar. On reboot it cleared those caches, so I had to wait till raiders/campers dumped good again at the local vendors. If I remember right the servers were up over a month or so. I do know it was weeks for sure.
I soo miss that in games, only thing now that has that is Project Gorgon.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There was a dupe bug involving the vendors back when Luclin first came out, but it cost a LOT of plat. But that bug abled me to max out almost all of my trade skills to 200. It also allowed me to be the 2nd or 3rd person on server with 250 tailoring.

You could sell a stackable item to the vendor (anything that would go to 20+) and then shift click to buy back a full stack. So sell 1 spider silk, buy 20 back. So on and so fourth. It made jewel crafting, smithing & tailoring really easy. But it cost SO MUCH plat. I dumped well over a million plat into this one vendor to buy stacks of blue diamonds and shit like that. Good times.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Saw it with my wife on Friday. The movie was okay. It could have been a lot better, but they changed so much stuff. Agraza is right that it should have been more of a spectacle like 300, with the orcs sacking Stormwind and King Llane making a heroic last stand while Lothar leads refugees to safety to start the 2nd half. Medivh is killed but it was too late, and the movie ends with the formation of the Alliance so it's not such a dark ending (yes the movie kind of ended this way, but the Alliance isn't really necessary considering only a few thousand orcs came through.)

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I have no idea what the fuck "Fel" is because it was never explained.
KOz7n7A.jpg

Tch, kids these days not knowing their fel from their shadow.
smile.png

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got around to watching it last night, must admit I was entertained. The CGi was very good the acting not so good but the story and general feel of the movie kepted me entertained for 2 hours. My 12 year old who has no idea about Warcraft not into computer games outside of FIFA also enjoyed it

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Watched and enjoyed this. Wonder what their future plans for sequel(s) would be since they partially killed off/changed the pathway to Tides of Darkness.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Are we really arguing that the movie wasn't clear that fel = bad? I feel like it was pretty clear.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
What's the source of that picture Itz? I thought the lore was that old gods = disorder. The basics of the titan origin story was that in the beginning there was just elemental chaos, and the old gods were somehow akin to that.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>