Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Okay so they are only going to revert if something game changing to progression happens

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Looking at this for my kids for X-Mas. Was considering getting it super early for us to poopsock over Turkey Day Break, that is the main reason I was asking about Beta lasting.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I really want to like this game, but it is NOT ready for launch.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Visuals are really great, so are sound effects and general atmosphere.

Game runs like doodoo on a ryzen 5800x and 3090. I can keep ~70fps if I turn off RTX and a ton of other shit, but it's pretty bad.

Matchmaking appears to be p2p just like Vermintide was and fails frequently. Load times are colossally long and you'll often lose one or more person from a squad during it.

Once it does load the host selection seems to be doing the worst job it possibly can and every match is a rubberbanding lagfest.

Early game loadouts and weapon selection are extremely meager, but the guns are satisfying to shoot and melee is nice and crunchy. It seems to pretty heavily favor melee in general with the way toughness regeneration works, but hard to say if that holds up throughout the entire game or not.

Lot more types of special enemies than there were in L4D or Vermintide - I counted at least 8 during the first mission?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dealbreaker for me, maybe I'll pick it up on sale down the road. My biggest hope for Darktide would be that it would be more ranged focused than Vermintide.
I think it's more like Vermintide back when Kerillian had infinite ammo and you also had a ranged Sienna in the party kind of thing. You have 2 people more or less meleeing full time to control the flow of trash and hordes who switch to ranged to take out elites(Orgryn is a given for that), and then 2 people who can more or less full ranged fire and only melee if they get overrun or flanked and such. The issue being unlike Vermintide where it was clear who does what based on the classes, it might be hard to play mostly ranged if everyone else is also mostly ranged. Might come down to weapon selection(like in Vermintide if you had Bardin with a flamethrower, it was technically a ranged weapon but would basically fix horde control at least on lower difficulties).

Seeing as how the game is going to mostly appeal to Vermintide players though, I think you'd end up with people doing the melee roles pretty naturally quite often especially at higher difficulties. As I said Orgryn for example is more or less designed to do that, so it wouldn't be surprising to be able to stay mostly ranged with Veteran.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
  • Improved optimization and performance.
  • Added mouse sensitivity.
  • Added the ability to turn off wobble for players with motion sickness.
  • Added the ability to skip the tutorial after initial character creation.
  • We are working on adjusting the sensitivity of the chat filter so that calling out “snipers” no longer looks like you’re calling your teammates something only Nurgle could love. Please let us know how this is working for you.
  • We’ve added the Meat Grinder to the Mourningstar’s Psykhanium so you all can test your weapons before going into a mission. Just don’t shoot the servitors. They’re expensive.
  • We’ve worked on general connectivity issues so you all can consistently stay connected to games.
  • We’ve adjusted the difficulty of the “Cooling” mission, so it is more in line with the other maps’ difficulty levels.
  • Some work has been done to lighting and to help players better see and identify enemies.
  • We’ve implemented a new HUD so players can access more transparent information on their teammates.
  • We’ve increased weapon handling for the Veteran Sharpshooter’s starter weapons, so your reject doesn’t handle their weapon like only a heretic would.
  • We’ve separated enemy tagging input from the smart tagging wheel so players can more easily tag enemies.
  • Malice difficulty has been locked to players until their character reaches level 3. Let’s not thin the Mourningstar’s ranks too quickly, Reject!
  • Players in full strike teams can play the highest difficulty level that at least one party member has unlocked, even if the rest of the team hasn’t yet unlocked it.
  • Chaining weapons, specifically push into attacks, should now be smoother.
  • There’s been some fine-tuning on weapon swaps, but they depend on the weapon's size and weight. For example, switching between a 2h chainsword and a bolter will not be immediate. Switching to melee should always be instant, while ranged weapons have a “ready-up” time.
  • Tuned some dodges and dodge timings.
  • Player stun and hit reactions have been tuned to avoid instances where players could be stun-locked by riflemen. But remember to take cover!

Caliane

yeah. for ref, arch was playing vet sharpshooter. I would guess he was doing 60/40 ranged/melee. way more then he liked, and I would have liked either..

Several things to consider though. 1. newb with no perks. its possible the perks greatly increase gun uptime. 2. newb all around. he wasn't using his special or grenades. so, a good player might use those to back up regular guns, to avoid melee. 3. weapon unlocks as well. again, might change things up.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
3080ti-5800x-32G Ram @5120x1440 game is giving me about 100FPS with DLSS on and high settings.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Played three missions and game ran well for all of them. Pug got overrun at the end of two and the third pug did pretty well and finished. Huge xp/gold difference when you actually complete the mission.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea pugs are rough for sure. The proximity based shield regen is so fucking vital and people just will not stack up properly for it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Runs great, challenging game play, amazing sound, music and atmosphere. Still some bugs to iron out but seems solid so far.

I disnt upgrade drivers and getting a solid 114fps once I turned down the cpu intensive items.

5800x and 3080

Caliane

• Some work has been done to lighting and to help players better see and identify enemies.
This is another big problem. Arch mentioned it. Too much fog, and atmospheric lighting. and then grey on grey on grey.

wander comments on it pretty quick too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Level 14 opens feats...

image_2022-11-18_100654782.png

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Level 14 opens feats...

View attachment 443633
Level 5 opened feats. Might need to adjust the glasses ^^
1668784269197.png

Beta is all over the place for me and if this reflects the "launch" product then oof. Lot of people with crashing issues (myself included), poor UI, item descriptions etc... Stagger from ranged shots, fire etc.. seems a little much also.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Level 5 opened feats. Might need to adjust the glasses ^^
View attachment 443634

Beta is all over the place for me and if this reflects the "launch" product then oof. Lot of people with crashing issues (myself included), poor UI, item descriptions etc... Stagger from ranged shots, fire etc.. seems a little much also.

I hate you...

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No crashes with my AMD setup, few disconnects from server. Overall the performance is passable but definitely needs work, if you on the fence I would wait 3-6 months. Game is going to be supported and fun for a long while.

• 1Like