Warhammer 40k

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
list for my FLGS.
I know I'm not the only one who just did a double take.

Wait What GIF by Willie Jones

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
So my shop didn't sell out today on Leviathan boxes..... I may go up there tomorrow buy one and hawk it.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So my shop didn't sell out today on Leviathan boxes..... I may go up there tomorrow buy one and hawk it.
Interesting they're now showing OOS on the GWUS site. I was kind of expecting that to last longer unless they're doing batches over a few days.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Lucked into KT: Gallowfall the other day at a LGS that I going to check out some board game stuff, they had it priced for $148 so double the win.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Looking at all the marine index sheets there's a lot of interesting possibilities there. Unfortunately will need to wait until we have points. I just see a lot of potential shenanigans, where before you were just hard restricted by force org.

I really, really like the fact that the detachment rules are concise and they can keep making new ones throughout the edition. The most you'll ever need to bring is a few sheets of paper and the data sheets for the units you actually have.

Muurloen

Lucked into KT: Gallowfall the other day at a LGS that I going to check out some board game stuff, they had it priced for $148 so double the win.
The Fellgor Ravagers are very overtuned atm. Get them built & painted up quick before they get hit with the nerf bat.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm hoping 10th isn't shit and there are better ways to play <2k games that actually catch on. BP is garbage IMO and KT just doesn't scratch that itch. Combat patrols being replaced with starter box is great for new players but not very fun. I just want a portable army again, I get jelly when I see legion or bolt action because it looks like you might be able to fit an army in a box. 2 squads, command, apc plus a tank, whatever.

I'm just tired of the sea of grey netlist 2k battles and it's only gotten worse with 3d printing. The games are too long, too obnoxious and tedious in 9th. I just don't see the changes really helping as much as they should, unfortunately dumb stuff like Repulsor Exec stat sheets, the qty of dice and nonsense stat lines are just baked in by this point. I remember when the razorback was the most complicated tank to play because it had that dumb LC plus twin plas turret.

Long games, big doinks

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Long games, big doinks
In fairness to GW, the Repulsor defensive array, mass reduction in shots and "secret" game sizes that channels are doing (which we can assume are 2k) may mean some of my criticisms were widely shared and something is happening. We'll have to see if that affects more than marines, but TBH it's 75% marine armies out there in the wild anyway.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone else look at these dioramas in museums and think about 40K?

IMG_0468.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Muurloen

Unit cards are coming available this week.

I've been spoiled a little for my custodes, as a discord I am on found a few leaked unit cards.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is Epic still a thing? Still have some Eldar epic in storage somewhere from the mid-90s.
It is currently not a thing, but they did a teaser for Horus Heresy-era Epic coming back. So probably just space marines.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Unit cards are coming available this week.

I've been spoiled a little for my custodes, as a discord I am on found a few leaked unit cards.
I am really curious about points now as there's just a lot more interesting things going on this edition. It is already way better than I hoped, even if marines are in kinda an unfortunate spot with so many things getting squatted and non codex special characters being in super short supply. AoS is fine, but the units and characters are even more generic and interact more like 9th with auras. The new attachment only buffs and no moving characters between squads in battle really remains reemphasizes list building.

I thought 10th was going to come off like 3rd did and so far it's really hitting all the right notes.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Anyone else look at these dioramas in museums and think about 40K?

View attachment 477658
I find all sorts of model and diorama building to be fascinating, now. I first took an interest in it from studying how to make wargaming tables for tabletop games, but I frequently watch YT vids on all sorts of models and dioramas, from wargamers, to architects, to hobbyists who simply like building models of natural landscapes.

You can make your own quality table/model for around $500. As soon as I find a spare garage, I'ma do it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is Epic still a thing? Still have some Eldar epic in storage somewhere from the mid-90s.
No it’s not but it was cool af. My store had a campaign they ran where the first battle was battle fleet gothic and based on the results from that you played out the epic fight. After epic it was 40k.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
No it’s not but it was cool af. My store had a campaign they ran where the first battle was battle fleet gothic and based on the results from that you played out the epic fight. After epic it was 40k.
Reminds me of Star Wars: Empire at War