Warner Bros acquires rights to Middle-earth/Lotr, several movies planned

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Are people actually going to go see this though?

I am a pretty serious Tolkien fan and I loved the original 3 movies. I was not at all interested in the show because of the butchery, and I'm just completely ambivalent about this.

Juvarisx

Florida
Jackson passed on directing duty. The way it's unfolding now, I think he got muscled into producer or Warner is cutting him a huge check.

This shit was forced. Jackson had little to no interest.

Yea his name is purely for the advertising, the dude wants zero to do with this shit

Juvarisx

Florida

I am a pretty serious Tolkien fan and I loved the original 3 movies. I was not at all interested in the show because of the butchery, and I'm just completely ambivalent about this.

No

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its based on the fan film actually and is set when Gandalf went looking for Sméagol and learning that Sauron had him after Bilbo showed Gandalf the ring (no im really not kidding IDK how the fuck this is supposed to work). I guess he had Aragorn on the case but it sounds retarded, fuck if I know I cant remember what actually happened in the Fellowship book.

The Hunt for Gollum - Wikipedia

Frankly its a very well made piece of fan art, and has way more production value then it should. Like its not bad but why make a movie based on it.

sounds pretty pointless. and yes Gandalf kicked Smeagol's ass. then they let him go., then captured by Mordor and they kicked his ass and then let him go.
-edit
err Mordor got Smeagol first and then Gandalf.

Last edited:

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

Even if it was 'good', I won't watch it.

What made LOTR good was something Peter himself said, "We weren't interested in putting our messages in there, it seemed the best thing we could do is put Professor Tolkien's message in there, since it's his story."

This won't be a Tolkien story, this will be an Andy Serkis vanity project and will do more damage to the brand and make Tolkien's retard grandkid more money.

No, thank you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even if it was 'good', I won't watch it.

What made LOTR good was something Peter himself said, "We weren't interested in putting our messages in there, it seemed the best thing we could do is put Professor Tolkien's message in there, since it's his story."

This won't be a Tolkien story, this will be an Andy Serkis vanity project and will do more damage to the brand and make Tolkien's retard grandkid more money.

No, thank you.

Also attaching Jackson's name to it just kills any possibility of actual real LOTR movies happening.

Even if Jackson gets a project he's interested in working on-- it's tainted after this trash, among other trash Warner is putting out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user