Watch Dogs

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I read that Ubisoft stock fell 25% after this announcement. Would it be a good time to buy?
wink.png

If watch dogs rocks it in 2014, big monies?

Disclaimer: I know almost nothing about stocks and trading.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't know why but Watch Dogs just has yet to really grab my attention.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
@Adebisi

I believe the issue is that Ubisoft as a company failed to deliver a promise on a such a massive scale, I don't think anyone has any doubts that the game will be an excellent game and make money. I want to go more in depth here but I don't have the time at the moment. I hope that small piece of insight can light up some other thoughts for you. Always do your research before investing money.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Release Date: May 27, 2014. Not sure if this is official or not but it's on Amazon.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, it's a big investment to some not a weird statement from a money conscious person.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Eh, it's a big investment to some not a weird statement from a money conscious person.
oh, i do truly understand that... i don't have a PS4 yet, and haven't set aside the funds to buy one or been motivated to do so by the currently available titles...

but personally I'd rather wait to consume next gen content on next gen devices, even if I wait the better part of a year, rather than bastardizing the experience by rushing

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hasn't it already been bastardized by releasing also on last gen systems? Not trying to make that a loaded statement. Sure AC4 has nicer textures but there was nothing 'next gen' about the game (unless you count some of the online / friend list integration that had more to do with them than any console platform).

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hasn't it already been bastardized by releasing also on last gen systems? Not trying to make that a loaded statement. Sure AC4 has nicer textures but there was nothing 'next gen' about the game (unless you count some of the online / friend list integration that had more to do with them than any console platform).
The smartphone app stuff is next genish... but yea, just minor stuff so far.

spronk

FPS noob
bf4 (on pc) is the only game that really feels next gen to me, because of massively destructible environments. the graphical difference between ac4 on pc/ps4 and ps3/360 were really minor, same for thief. Yes, you can definitely spot the difference but its in jaggies (AA) and stuff like smoke and fire effects, the character models and buildings and stuff were at best 1.5x better, and I'd expect an order of magnitude better between generations.

To me really next gen means either the graphics are instantly, noticeably better (like jumping to Crysis 2 from Quake) and/or you get rid of some of the bullshit that 10 year old consoles impose, like tons of loading screens, non seamless worlds, fewer NPCs, bad NPC AI, etc - technical limitations.

I'm really hoping Watch Dogs is a seamless world with great graphics but I'm not too optimistic given its ported back and started development years ago. either way gonna play on PC though, unless the initial reviews are bad.