for

The Abyss tv show

A1TKuP1p+3L._SS500_.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I always enjoyed this movie, and Jeanne Tripplehorn was hot.

This and Dances With Wolves used to come on HBO all the time, and when I had a roommate in my 20s, if we flipped the channel and either of those movies was on we pretty much just watched the rest of it. Of course, we did the same thing with the spanish channel, except you had to wait until an ugly chick came on screen before you could change it.

Ta tonka.

Speaking of Dances With wolves he explains how it came to be, pretty crazy story.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wow! I've been waiting for this since the movie came out! Good things come to wait! This will be epic!
I think you got it wrong. Definitely not The Abyss, I have The Abyss.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I liked this movie even though it was goofy as shit. I loved Postman too.

Fuck all the haters!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Will it be CGI or actually water sets? The fact they had to build that water town was awesome, instead of just doing CGI. iirc if they follow costner's character he went back out, the others stayed on that island.

I am guessing the show will be mostly on the island then they do missions out onto the water to keep the budget in check. I can almost guarantee the boat they use will have a spacious interior to cut down on external water shots lol

As for an angle, since dry land is valuable, their island is a figurative gold mine. That gives you some conflict.

Also, maybe sea level is dropping instead of rising now and it’s a race to uncover long lost artifacts that could tip balance of power (that magically survive centuries in sea water). I wouldn’t be half surprised if they find a functional nuclear sub lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
(that magically survive centuries in sea water)
There's already more water in waterworld than actually exists on earth, maybe it has much lower salt content too. Some magical sweet spot where it's still high enough that you have to drink your own piss but low enough that it doesn't destroy everything.