Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Still raining in southwest MS and low forecast of 21. Should be fun about daylight/traffic time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thought I'd seen it all. Had this come up on my recommended articles. The south is pretty crazy. In case you were wondering, as far as I know, all of these places will be in the low 20s overnight and probably mid to upper 20s by the time kids would be going to school (at least that's what we're getting in Florida, where none of them are closing).

Borzak

28 and still raining. Glad I'm not going anywhere in the morning. By daylight I'll probably can tell how bad it's going to be by how loud and how many limbs off trees coming down.

From radar it's sleeting all the way to the gulf coast down below Lake Charles.

Goatface

we got about 5". people at higher elevation probably 8"+. calling for another 3-4" tomorrow then another 2-3" thurs/friday. also supposed to stay cold until monday, then going to jump into 40/50's with rain, so good chance for a flood.
we avg only 20" of snow per year, 6.5" in jan.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It’s practically parka weather for some people here, last week it was in the upper 30’s overnight. 🤷
1705372871735.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From the start of Dec to before this storm we had 10" of rain and still some flooding in areas. That is now freezing over and adding 2-4" of snow with another 2" on Friday, staying below freezing the whole week with some deep freeze nights thrown in.

Unless we get some bigger systems in Feb this might be the truest winter week we've have in years.

Borzak

2nd half of the video shows aerial view. What happensm the rare times it rains and it's below freezing. Not good on roads. It was raining here and it was below freezing I imagine similar here on the roads.

Last edited:

Borzak

Giant boom and then the power was out. Then it flipped on and off a number of times. I heard the whole house generator crank up and the power stayed on so the genereator shut down.

I imagine there's going to be a lot of limbs/trees down after this. It was 33 degrees at dark and raining pretty good and now it's 19F and forecast of 11 tonight. Weather says light snow but snow isn't the issue but the ice that I'm sure is all over the roads from dripping trees since trees are everywhere here.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My grandpa was in San Antonio when he was in the Air Force and it snowed one time. He said you could just stand on any street corner and hear all the cars smack into each other when the lights changed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
2nd half of the video shows aerial view. What happensm the rare times it rains and it's below freezing. Not good on roads. It was raining here and it was below freezing I imagine similar here on the roads.

Wow, we drive through Cullman when we visit my in-laws and it's decently far south. Surprised they got that kind of weather. Although, I guess it's in the mid-30's here and raining, so makes sense.

Borzak

14 here now and I could make it to the New Orleans airport in an hour driving. It's been an odd last 6 months weather wise. Last summer for a month the high was 105 which is 5-10 higher than normal highs in the summer. From July 4th till the end of the year only got 2-3" of rain when normally it's 3" or more a month. Now this. It's been this cold here before though. 10 years ago it got colder and the ice storm was really bad and lost a lot of trees and limbs. I haven't heard any limbs fall so might have missed that this time. I was here when it happened and I drove the 100 miles to Baton Rouge and there was no traffic on the interstate at all. I didn't have a problem till I cross the MS river bridge and they were only letting 1 car at a time go in each direction and you had to have a reason to get to the other side. I had the shop truck come pick me up and take me across, the ice was very bad and several cars had slid all the way down from the top to the bottom.

In 1989 it got down to 5 or so in Baton Rouge. Exxon lost a valve at a tank farm. Not sure if the valve just let go or they ran too warm of oil for the pipe through it. It was a very big boom. Exxon bought the block of houses across from the refinery for more a blast zone I guess. I was walking down the driveway visiting my parents on Christmas Eve when it happend. 15 miles away and it was very loud. Normally refineries and chemical plants don't do that well outside of their normal temp range. Downtown BR had a Honda dealer (3 wheers and motorcycles) that was very long and all glass on one side. It blew all that out and all the bikes and 3 wheelers up against the back wall. Good thing it was closed.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was supposed to be 2-3" aside from the mountains, we did get a freezing rain crust this morning on top of it. 15F low tonight and 1-2" more on Friday
media_GD-s5UVXEAAP6xp.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking thing sucks.

We thought we might be able to go the whole year without turning the heat on. But nope, fuck that. It's fucking cold. Pretty sure all our plants are going to die.

The wind is the worst part though. It really cuts through you. Only been out with the dogs for about 10 minutes today.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Roomie claimed they are micronizing aluminum in snow and have for decades leading to diseases and cancer. I laughed put on my winter gear went outside and popped the trunk and started shoveling snow up to the car. She asked what I was doing. I said I was loading up the car with snow to take down to the recycling plant.
She hasn't talked to me since.

For a 2nd year now we have been asked to conserve power( ya right fuckers ) in the middle of frigid temps. TVA used to have mass surplus of energy until they shut down coal plants over the past few years for woke shit. I hope people get out the torches n shit before we become California or Texas.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Tfw you live in FL and there is a freeze warning tonight and it's predicted to be 28 on Saturday.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Was in FL in the mid 90s for something for college. I thought his will be great it was right at spring break. First morning it was 28 and they orange growers were spraying them with water to ice over and protect them. Friend with me had never seen the gulf or an Ocean. We stopped by "Spring break looks a lot better on TV". We were staying at a national guard base that didn't have heat. It sucked.

• 1Like

Borzak

Power company here at daylight trimming limbs from the power lines coming in. Seems like an odd time. Mom and dad had all their trees trimmed in the summer. Let's wait till it's 10 degrees.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Power company here at daylight trimming limbs from the power lines coming in. Seems like an odd time. Mom and dad had all their trees trimmed in the summer. Let's wait till it's 10 degrees.
I imagine they’re trying to prevent additional lines from getting taken down by branches. Happens out here as well around weather events, odd hours included.