Weight Loss Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've never drank anything but black coffee so it's just what I drink. I dated a girl who owned her own coffee catering business for a while and that made me appreciate good coffee, but I still have no issue going to McDonald's and getting a large, hot black. Dunkin Donuts is kind of burnt and terrible but I'll still drink that too.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Khane_sl said:
but I still have no issue going to McDonald's and getting a large, hot black.
rrr_img_136315.gif

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well do you not drink?

I drink beer to feel tipsy and I drink coffee to feel awake in the morning.
I don't drink alcohol except like on new years or at particularly onerous family parties, and then I'll usually just pound a few shots, usually vodka. Can't stand the taste of beer or wine.

Don't drink coffee at all, tried it a few times and it tastes disgusting. If I need caffeine I just take the 200mg caffeine pills.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am thinking about trying different brands, and recently read that blonde roasts actually have more caffeine, so I may try that.
Did you check out that little stretch of coffee talk we had in "what you bought" thread? currently i'm trying every thing by Don Pablo, they're my fav Amazon Brand so far
Amazon.com : 2LB Cafe Don Pablo Gourmet Coffee Signature Blend - Medium-Dark Roast Coffee - Whole Bean Coffee - 2 Pound ( 2 lb ) Bag : Gourmet Coffee Gifts : Grocery Gourmet Food

Normally i would never buy 2lb bags, 1lb is my limit, however since this coffee is so good i can do regular brewing and cold brew. Actually i find that cold brew, really brings out every bit of flavor and makes the "nasty" more noticable as well, your beans have to be top notch. Heck i just drink it straight up, i don't dilute it with water or nuttin, that will really get you going, and i'm usually doing 4 coffees a day. (with cold brew, it's like 10)

And yes, while on a milligram basis and scientifically, the darker your roast, the more your burning out the caffeine, but it's so minimal, imo that you should really just choose your roasts based on taste and not let a few milligrams difference affect your choice.

Khane

I don't drink alcohol except like on new years or at particularly onerous family parties, and then I'll usually just pound a few shots, usually vodka. Can't stand the taste of beer or wine.

Don't drink coffee at all, tried it a few times and it tastes disgusting. If I need caffeine I just take the 200mg caffeine pills.
We got another super taster here.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Never understood drinking a drink you don't like until you like the taste.

I don't drink tea or coffee, or beer, or wine, for that reason.

Water only except for social occasions when I get hammered. Caffeine pills if I feel tired at work eg usually after lunch or working late

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why am I not surprised the terrorist doesn't drink. You both sound like the most boring people on the planet

Khane

Nobody is gonna call you boring for not drinking Kombucha. But alcohol tends to liven up a party quite a bit. It's social lubrication. And people who don't drink it do tend to be a bit boring. But maybe that's just the alcohol talking.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Nobody is gonna call you boring for not drinking Kombucha. But alcohol tends to liven up a party quite a bit. It's social lubrication. And people who don't drink it do tend to be a bit boring. But maybe that's just the alcohol talking.
I will drink alcohol at parties, definitely increases the fun, but it's not because it tastes good.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I drink like a fish when summer rolls around. Nothing like getting home from a shitty day of work, lounging by my pool and getting buzzed watching my kids swim. Bonus, if I get fucked up enough im jumping in too!

But I do regulate my diet around drinking. I usually do shots of vodka, but ill only have one meal that day, alcohol being the rest of the calories. But either way, a calorie is not the same as other calories. I have read a ton of shit about alcohol and can say that with thermogenic effects and how your body processes it and other shit, a calorie of alcohol does not equate to calorie of food.

Khane

I drink like a fish when summer rolls around. Nothing like getting home from a shitty day of work, lounging by my pool and getting buzzed watching my kids swim. Bonus, if I get fucked up enough im jumping in too!

But I do regulate my diet around drinking. I usually do shots of vodka, but ill only have one meal that day, alcohol being the rest of the calories. But either way, a calorie is not the same as other calories. I have read a ton of shit about alcohol and can say that with thermogenic effects and how your body processes it and other shit, a calorie of alcohol does not equate to calorie of food.
You sound exactly like a group of friends I hang out with most weekends during the summer. Polish nutjobs. Shots of Stoli-O from sunrise to bedtime.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
As someone who loves the taste of beer and coffee, this is insane to me. It's like the people who drink soylent instead of eating a real meal but to each their own.

lindz

#DDs
Starting being careful about actually tracking stuff again on MFP and guess what, down two pounds since I started whining. Also increased weights. Progress!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who loves the taste of beer and coffee, this is insane to me. It's like the people who drink soylent instead of eating a real meal but to each their own.
I mean thats fine bro, I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm sure thats only one of many things you like that I don't and vice/versa. I see no conflict here.