Westworld

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Solid first two episodes. The criminal job board being called RICO made me chuckle. Season 3 predictions:

1584980231542.png

This dude is the A.I. that Dolores is trying to hack into as the overrall season plot arc. Maeve is currently in his simulation so he can recruit her to his side of the fight.
The preview for next week's episode shows Dolores making a clone of Tessa Thompson's character the same way she did with that security guy. I think that the copied version of Tessa Thompson at some point becomes self aware and independant in the same way that Dolores and Maeve did in season 1. I think she will join the fight against Dolores so that Dolores is faced with the moral conundrum of fighting/using an A.I. that she herself created.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
That big globe AI thing in the building in the first episode is probably the matrix that controls a world. A better version then the matrix Maeve was in.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since she doesn't have that ability right now I am under the impression that she doesn't understand it. Only that she was able to use it for a period.

I don't recall how much knowledge Delores got juiced up with.

It didn't work because she was in a matrix made by the bad guy from oceans 12. She couldn't reprogram the hosts because they weren't hosts.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maeve and Delores being computer wizards is fucking stupid. They became sapient in 19th Century Wild West. Did they just download the, "Learn To Code" package like in the Matrix?

Do you understand complex biochemistry inherently because you're a regular human?

Not just computer wizards, but hacking real-world security systems from a tablet within the simulation. Like...what the actual fuck?

And don't even get me started on the security team engaging in hand-to-hand combat with Stubbs all while holding automatic firearms. Since Season 2, this show has depended on incompetency of characters to further the plot.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

that shit was right from the beginning in S1. we all were constantly commenting on how laughably incompetent the security forces were right in S1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
LOL just read hemsworth tore his bicep off the bone before shooting westworld and that's why he got shot in the arm and looked like a fag with the axe.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And don't even get me started on the security team engaging in hand-to-hand combat with Stubbs all while holding automatic firearms. Since Season 2, this show has depended on incompetency of characters to further the plot.
stubbs was their boss and mia, i'm sure they at least want to maybe detain him and find out why he went all crazy (maybe it's as simple as, he found bernard and wants to turn him in for cash)

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That dragon was awesome. I wish it played a bigger part. Hell, maybe it still will.

Yes - just like in Game of Thrones when we all expected Bran to mind control the zombie dragon and that completely came to nothing. You should absolutely expect Maeve to mind control Drogon and do some cool shit with it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Haven’t started watching yet, work is killing me. But I can’t unsee the thread from New Posts. Gawd damnit.

S3 worth it so far?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
giphy.gif

Haven’t started watching yet, work is killing me. But I can’t unsee the thread from New Posts. Gawd damnit.

S3 worth it so far?
if you're interested in watching jesse pinkman, be emo again and sad and dolores looking hot in a dress and maeve looking fine as an italian spy sure.

but the biggest takeaway is the new buddy cop theme we got going, not gonna spoil, but thats my fav so far

• 1Mother of God

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
S2 had an odd/even relationship between bad and okay episodes. We will have to see if they keep up the trend with odd episodes having dicks and even episodes having tits for S3.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yes - just like in Game of Thrones when we all expected Bran to mind control the zombie dragon and that completely came to nothing. You should absolutely expect Maeve to mind control Drogon and do some cool shit with it.
I wasn't even going to go that far. I just thought having it's presence in a world with knights and shit would be pretty cool. I doubt it would fly around, but maybe crawling around on the ground would be cool.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I wasn't even going to go that far. I just thought having it's presence in a world with knights and shit would be pretty cool. I doubt it would fly around, but maybe crawling around on the ground would be cool.

I was being semi sarcastic - seizing the opportunity to bash D&D

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So finished up episode 2 last night.

Can't these idiots just write a cohesive story? So now we are in the fucking Matrix?

You know what I miss?

1585145237758.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I actually enjoyed the 2nd episode. I find Maeve more interesting than Dolores. Hotter too, honestly. Looked great in that white dress.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Watching Westworld again both seasons one and two.

S1 is great. No minor gripes, no complaints.

S2 is good to average. A few complaints.

The dialogue is good but cheesy and subpar here and there. The characters are good but some of them are underutilized at certain points. There are sappy moments. Tenderness is good, sentimentality is not. The philosophical elements should be more explorative and less superficial. The political elements are not intrusive to the story. They are noticeable but not bothersome. They are not overly forced or preachy but wet. They should be drier and tighter and maybe more noticeable. They should not be superficial and more substantial. There is overreliance on twists, cliffhangers, messiness and clever convolutedness. Ambiguous big details are A-OK, ambiguous minor details are usually not.

S2 expanded the story in a covoluted but frankly consistent way. The execution was not as good/subpar imo.

Dig that season two works as a bridge between the western genreness of s1 and the balls out futurism of season three. Hope the show continues to do something experimental, artistic and creative.

Ok boomer

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users