What color is this truck

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I just bought a 2015 double cab long box silverado LT Z71 5.3 with the standard rear end. GET THE LOWER GEAR RATIO REAR END. Fucker has no throttle response and shifts ALL THE DAMN TIME.
Which ratio do you recommend? I was debating a 2500 without all the extras or a 1500 with all the bells and whistles. My past 3/4 tons were great, but worried about a 1/2 ton. Which rear end should I get on the 1500 if I go that route?

Remit_sl

shitlord
Which ratio do you recommend? I was debating a 2500 without all the extras or a 1500 with all the bells and whistles. My past 3/4 tons were great, but worried about a 1/2 ton. Which rear end should I get on the 1500 if I go that route?
3.42. The 3.08 is a complete dog. I'm going to have to throw a tuner on it if it doesn't shape up. Only have 2k miles on it so far, but the throttle map is terrible and so are the shift points, at least during break in/learning.

I think you have to get the max trailering package with the dumb mirrors to get it on the half ton 5.3.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
3.42. The 3.08 is a complete dog. I'm going to have to throw a tuner on it if it doesn't shape up. Only have 2k miles on it so far, but the throttle map is terrible and so are the shift points, at least during break in/learning.

I think you have to get the max trailering package with the dumb mirrors to get it on the half ton 5.3.
Agreed. If you think you'll be doing some serious pulling then 4.1, but I'm guessing since you asked you won't be. Go middle of the road for combo on efficiency and power.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
100,000x this. Snow rated/winter tires are absolutely the single biggest safety factor when it comes to truly adverse winter conditions. Snow chains are FUCKING TERRIBLE to use. It's 30 minutes to pavement where I live over dirt/rock on crazy curving inclines. I'll still never use snow chains here. Fucking irritating bullshit. There is almost no situation where snow chains will do anything a proper snow tire wouldn't and you don't have to stop and fuck around in the god damn snow getting wet and filthy taking the pieces of shit off so they don't rip themselves apart when you get to a road that's been plowed. Never again.
I understand your complaints, but chains will absolutely do things a snow tire won't.

And to whomever said something about leaving them on all winter, that's not how they are intended to be used.

Remit_sl

shitlord
Agreed. If you think you'll be doing some serious pulling then 4.1, but I'm guessing since you asked you won't be. Go middle of the road for combo on efficiency and power.
To my knowledge they dont even offer the 3.73 or 4.10 on the 1500. 3.42 is the lowest you can get now. Gotta love that MPG.... Also these trucks come lower than most cars. I did the rough country leveling lift kit though and now it looks a little better. Very cheap and pretty easy to install, no change in ride. Just get that alignment done.

Remit_sl

shitlord
I understand your complaints, but chains will absolutely do things a snow tire won't.

And to whomever said something about leaving them on all winter, that's not how they are intended to be used.
Yeah, chains are amazing. Especially real chains like the ones I linked on the last page. I can tractor through stuff that is up to my grill if conditions are right and I have enough weight to punch through it.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
To my knowledge they dont even offer the 3.73 or 4.10 on the 1500. 3.42 is the lowest you can get now. Gotta love that MPG.... Also these trucks come lower than most cars. I did the rough country leveling lift kit though and now it looks a little better. Very cheap and pretty easy to install, no change in ride. Just get that alignment done.
Ahh I missed the 1500 part somehow. And yes, for whatever reason dodge pushed trucks out with this fucking mexican low rider nose down look. It's gay. Leveling kit is cheap and easy to install if you like getting dirty, probably a few hundred if you don't.