What color is this truck

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I also want a truck because I want to be able to move furniture and equipment and other things. Constantly I am borrowing trucks from neighbors to do shit.

I have a tiny Saturn wagon that is super low to the ground and I live in a town that is too cheap to actually plow the roads.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was going to be painted with that chameleon paint stuff.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Driving around in a tundra on the 405.... half the time I wanna fly the Isis flag and have a mounted nerf gun. Then maybe, just maybe I might be able to shave 2 minutes off my commute.

But my vote is for a toyota. American made, and good enough for jihadists everywhere.

iannis

Musty Nester
Don't get a f250. Those things are god damn monstrous. It should require a CDL to purchase one of those things. God damn road hazards.

iannis

Musty Nester
And you always see them all clean and shiny and new and empty. Why the fuck do you even own that truck?

Somebody got a little weiner.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
get a fuckin f250. gas, fuck all the diesel aftertreatment shit these days.
lol....what?

Actually dodge just release the 1500 series diesel. For people who want a truck but don't need a beast. I have not drove one personally but it looks pretty awesome to have a diesel engine in a "daily commuter" truck for normal folks.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cummings Diesel Nissan Titan, do it....once its out.
Cool, never even heard of that one. Props again for using a cummins in a daily user truck...but Nissan Truck? Almost an oxymoron. Maybe they are trying to steal the low-end truck market or something. They actually might be able to do it with that engine but they've got a long road of name brand recognition recovery for it to catch on.

Siliconemelons

Cool, never even heard of that one. Props again for using a cummins in a daily user truck...but Nissan Truck? Almost an oxymoron. Maybe they are trying to steal the low-end truck market or something. They actually might be able to do it with that engine but they've got a long road of name brand recognition recovery for it to catch on.
Nissans are good trucks, well their small ones are- the Frontier, never used or knew anyone with a Titan so I cant say- their sale volume is really low- but Toyota has shown that the Asian market can break into trucks- you just have to put the money up front and not make crap.

The new Titan is looking quite nice and is really an America truck- its made in America and designed for American needs- its not some adaptation.

Introducing the 2016 Nissan TITAN® XD powered by Cummins - YouTube

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Brother-in-law has a lifted Titan as his daily driver. Works with my other bro-in-law who generally drives a company C2500. Fuck Ford when it comes to heavy duty and actually needing to tow things. They fall apart under heavy usage, especially the 4x4 models -- differential always goes out around 25k miles. Also, fuck gas. No power, no acceleration, and a much lower pulling capacity. In Texas we actually use trucks for their intended purpose, not just to ride around in something big and high off the ground. That's what Tahoe's and shit are for.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Next you're going to tell me running coal in a diesel pickup with a huge body lift and stock tires isn't for practical use?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a F250 diesel. Bought it new in 2000 when they still offered the 7.3

Of course I pull shit with it. My RV trailer, my 32' flatbed trailer, my 28' custom trailer for my airplanes, and my 2 boats.

I only use it now for pulling stuff. The engine will probably outlast the body, but it still looks pretty good and I get comments about it looks nice for a 15 year old truck.

My daily driver is a 2008 Chevy 1/2 ton 4wd. I live in the sticks and use 4wd a LOT, also the ground clearance is nice even if you don't need 4wd.

I don't commute as far as I used to, at one point I was commuting 100 miles each way to work. $800 or so a month in gas. Company covered it tho. The diesel gets 19mpg which ain't bad and stays close to that depending on how heavy a trailer I am pulling.

Caliane

I also want a truck because I want to be able to move furniture and equipment and other things. Constantly I am borrowing trucks from neighbors to do shit.

I have a tiny Saturn wagon that is super low to the ground and I live in a town that is too cheap to actually plow the roads.
Just a note on that front.

First, are you a homeowner?
I know your in RI. I don't remember all bits you let out in location. "far from providance" dont remember if URI, Brown, or what college specifically. I don't think you ever mentioned going over hte bridge, so I assume not Newport/Middletown. Possibly, Compton, near mass border. or C border with Westerly/charlestown?
Anyway, most of RI is not solid city, unless downtown Newport, or Providence. A truck would be generally ok. although, alot of old houses, many with garages or small yards, which large trucks won't fit. Truck on the road is not fun. Especially if you get parking bans, in the winter.

For a homeowner, a truck can have alot of uses. Construction, and yardwork often make one really useful. A yard of loam, a yard of mulch, in the flat bed. Can't do that with an SUV.

If you are just moving furniture, and other things.. that doesn't happen often.
A Uhaul is $20-80. The amount of times you would need to have to move furniture, etc to make buying a truck for such a thing worthwhile would be astronomical.

If not a homeowner, or even a homeowner with zero landscaping plans. A SUV might be more typical.