Master of Mankind
Horus Hersey

The webway fight was

excited andy samberg GIF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm currently reading another web novel published on the Yonder app. The Druid of Seoul Station. It's the same as the Korean Manhwa of the same name, but the writing style is very good. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. If you care, this is the Manhwa.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I go through so many books, and memory is so awful, that I just don't remember shit after a period of time. All I remember about the first 2 books is that I enjoyed them. I picked this up though
It honestly wasn't very good. Extremely rushed to close out this trilogy. There was a whole plotline about some higher realm force driving Murder World that was just ignored completely.

It was novel making a character out of a DND trope we know and love though.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It honestly wasn't very good. Extremely rushed to close out this trilogy. There was a whole plotline about some higher realm force driving Murder World that was just ignored completely.

I didn't realize it was only supposed to be a trilogy. The higher realm stuff could have been an interesting thread to follow for a series.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

I completely agree, the third novel was a huge letdown. Honestly, if you just stopped after the second one, you might be just fine. Not that the third one ruined it, per se, but it added virtually nothing to the rest of the series and just wrapped shit up in a rushed and unfulfilling way. I was extremely disappointed with this one.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I completely agree, the third novel was a huge letdown. Honestly, if you just stopped after the second one, you might be just fine. Not that the third one ruined it, per se, but it added virtually nothing to the rest of the series and just wrapped shit up in a rushed and unfulfilling way. I was extremely disappointed with this one.
Classic Krout. DK can't finish properly his stories.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Crimson King by Graham Mcneil, book 44? Of Horus heresy. I started exactly a year ago this August when my buddy passed and gave me his Horus heresy books. sukik sukik is right behind me with pretorian of dorn.

Pretty great sequel to a Thousand Sons.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have never read any of Mark Lawrence's work, but I have seen some of his books recommended on here. Since I have a bunch of Audible credits that I need to spend, I went ahead and picked up the Broken Empire Trilogy as well as the Red Queen's War Trilogy.

Can anyone speak to his other works, like Books of the Ancestor series of Nick Heyes series?

Also, any thoughts on Erikson's Willful Child series?
Probably my current favorite author, I just did a full re-read after finishing the book that wouldn't burn. Broken empire is still a favorite but I think book of the ancestor and book of the ice are stronger books. The Nick Heyes (impossible times) are good but slower and not fantasy I did take longer between them as they didn't hold me as much as the others. Like sanderson all the series build upon the others in some way or at least make you go hey i know about that. If you are doing audible I warn you the change in narrator between the 1st and 2nd book in red queen trilogy is jarring and I had a hard time getting over it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Any reviews on The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune by anyone here whose read it? The author seems to have a growing passionate fan base but the reviews I’ve read are a bit inconsistent.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I read the eleventh cycle recently and could not reccomend it to anyone, the world building was very good and the world is interesting, heavily influenced by from games and berserk.. but the writing is atrocious. I am certain the guy doesn't have an editor, he goes from using unnecessary big words and over describing everything to using off-putting modern jargon that doesn't fit to using the wrong word all together. If he understood someone to fox his Grammer and tighten up his storytelling then it might be a pretty good book. Will see if he gets better as he goes.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Decided to see if Tom Clancy still held up. Watched a lot of the old movies on Netflix. Started with Red Storm Rising, I remembered it being pretty hacky and stand alone at least. Well I am 50% in and it's hard to put down. Forgot how good that guy was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Decided to see if Tom Clancy still held up. Watched a lot of the old movies on Netflix. Started with Red Storm Rising, I remembered it being pretty hacky and stand alone at least. Well I am 50% in and it's hard to put down. Forgot how good that guy was.
Without Remorse is my favorite. Not sure how it holds up, but I saw it on a book rack with some black guy on the cover. The main character wasn't black.
But they blacked him in a movie a few years ago that bombed. Sign of the times.
515stDGrlJL.jpg

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Without Remorse is my favorite. Not sure how it holds up, but I saw it on a book rack with some black guy on the cover. The main character wasn't black.
515stDGrlJL.jpg
Been a few years but mine was 'sum of all fears'. I'm going to reread it after I finish the new Elon book (ok so far). This is the book version, with jihadis not the butchered to fuck movie with nazis. That's really all I remember. I also recall thinking Rainbow 6 book was a fantastic way to introduce the game but again, many years ago.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Been a few years but mine was 'sum of all fears'. I'm going to reread it after I finish the new Elon book (ok so far). This is the book version, with jihadis not the butchered to fuck movie with nazis. That's really all I remember. I also recall thinking Rainbow 6 book was a fantastic way to introduce the game but again, many years ago.
What are your top 3 book recommendations at the moment?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
What are your top 3 book recommendations at the moment?
Assuming you are in a country and can find them (or the high seas!) , this really and it's a murder mystery series set in a retirement home.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
515stDGrlJL.jpg
btw I don't recall that being a particularly BAD movie , but I did have a hard time accepting Wallace from the wire as bad ass John Clark.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm about 2/3 of the way through Three-body problem. I bought the first 3 books upfront thinking it was a slam dunk due to reputation and it has a show adaptation coming. Lemme say this. I remember hard science fiction back in the day, like Dragons Egg (Robert L Forward) and really liking it because it added to believability. After getting this far through 3 body I now understand that these types of stories need to be shorter. The endless droning about each little scientific thing, half of which need no explanation, is excruciating. It's nice when the book is dealing with one, two or even a few things, but c'mon, this is too much. Unfold the proton for a few more pages. At least certain aspects of the story are believable. Extinctionists exist right now. Their concern over how our progress is happening was s nice twist. There's a lot of elements to the story that are great and could support other books. They probably should have instead of being included in this tome.

I think I made a mistake buying the first three all at once. It's a mistake I won't make again. Unfortunately for me I almost always finish a book (or movie) I start but unless this one really grabs me soon imma be out.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'm about 2/3 of the way through Three-body problem. I bought the first 3 books upfront thinking it was a slam dunk due to reputation and it has a show adaptation coming. Lemme say this. I remember hard science fiction back in the day, like Dragons Egg (Robert L Forward) and really liking it because it added to believability. After getting this far through 3 body I now understand that these types of stories need to be shorter. The endless droning about each little scientific thing, half of which need no explanation, is excruciating. It's nice when the book is dealing with one, two or even a few things, but c'mon, this is too much. Unfold the proton for a few more pages. At least certain aspects of the story are believable. Extinctionists exist right now. Their concern over how our progress is happening was s nice twist. There's a lot of elements to the story that are great and could support other books. They probably should have instead of being included in this tome.

I think I made a mistake buying the first three all at once. It's a mistake I won't make again. Unfortunately for me I almost always finish a book (or movie) I start but unless this one really grabs me soon imma be out.
yeah i gave up mid book 2