What did you just read?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've been reading thediscworldbooks by Terry Pratchett the last few months. I'm on 17 and these have to be the most fun books i've ever read. The fantasy is great, the characters are amazing, and the comedy has me constantly laughing. Honestly I hadn't even heard of them until seeing the 2 part "Color of Magic" movie a few years ago. Granny Weatherwax has to be the most bad ass magic user ever, or rather headologist. Who knew Death would be a cat lover?

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm enjoying the David Dalglish stuff, but it's pretty short. Pretty sure I'll read his entire library in the time I took to read 2 WoT books. Only using this to compair to length, as far as assassins and theifs go I prefer Robin Hobb or Brent Weeks.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I just finished Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie. It was a contender for the book club, but wasn't picked. I liked it a lot. Sci-Fi with drones and stuff. A lot of the content felt a bit like star wars, anachronistic fantasy elements in space, but the story was strong enough for me to dismiss that.
I realized there was a sequel just published, and wow, what a let down. She went from decent pace of stuff happening in the first book to a bunch of talking about inequality the entire time in the sequel. Hardcore lame.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Reading Unbroken currently, it's about a WW2 pilot and former olympic athlete who is held in a PoW camp after his plane goes down. Pretty amazing stuff and will be a movie this winter. Anyone have any recommendations for good WW2, Vietnam stuff?

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Reading Unbroken currently, it's about a WW2 pilot and former olympic athlete who is held in a PoW camp after his plane goes down. Pretty amazing stuff and will be a movie this winter. Anyone have any recommendations for good WW2, Vietnam stuff?
I heard something about this on NPR I think (holy fuck I'm old, fucking NPR). Gonna have to pick it up now that you refreshed my memory on it, thanks.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just finished the Ryria series, was pretty good overall. Thanks for the recommendation!

Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to read next.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Finally got around to reading Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Not sure what I expect but that wasn't it. At least it was short.

Next in line is the Commonwealth saga by Hamilton. Should I start with Misspent Youth or Pandora's Star ?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to reading Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Not sure what I expect but that wasn't it. At least it was short.

Next in line is the Commonwealth saga by Hamilton. Should I start with Misspent Youth or Pandora's Star ?
Pandora's Star imo. Misspent Youth isn't really a relevant book at all. It may be in the setting, but it's not important. It's one of those side novel type things to expand on a random thing

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I'm about half way in and it's all teenage sex and angst. Now I'm about to find out if Anabelle is gonna fuck her boyfriend's dad or not. Dude can write some hot sex scenes (noticed that in Night's Dawn as well).

edit :
oh shit, she did. can't wait to see what happens next.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You motherfuckers need to give us a vague summary of the books you just read. I get the thread title is ambiguous but we want to know what you personallythoughtof the books you just read.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If it is the first one with Cawti playing a major role, that's why. If not...just wait! I hate that cunt.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm reading in publication order. The first one is the ... first one. The second one takes place before the first one and tells the story of how he met Cawti. Both were enjoyable for the most part. Each books seems to be "problem acquired, how do we solve it?". Really a crimelord and fantasy based Sherlock Holmes kind of.

The third book takes place right after the first and this whole relationship fight between him and Cawti is just irritating.