What vehicle do you drive?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
All the Germans are doing that stupid shit with extra doors on models conceived as 2 doors originally branching off from the 4 door versions.

Shit makes no sense.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Thoughts on the new corvette? I'm sure we have our fair share of corvette haters, because why not? I owned a C6 and a C7 the 7 was the Z06 and I did enjoy the car despite the heat issues. The character of the car continues to really change, and it does seem those of us here are their target audience as the traditional corvette owner has aged, they have to bring in a new generation. So how are they doing?

They continue to impress me with what they bring to the table for the money. For people who like to go the track it continues to be some of the best bang for the buck if you want to move past the Miata crowd. How do they get to the "I'm too cool for a chevy crowd?"

Introducing the Next Generation Corvette | Mid-Engine Sports Car

Capture.JPG

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Thoughts on the new corvette? I'm sure we have our fair share of corvette haters, because why not? I owned a C6 and a C7 the 7 was the Z06 and I did enjoy the car despite the heat issues. The character of the car continues to really change, and it does seem those of us here are their target audience as the traditional corvette owner has aged, they have to bring in a new generation. So how are they doing?

They continue to impress me with what they bring to the table for the money. For people who like to go the track it continues to be some of the best bang for the buck if you want to move past the Miata crowd. How do they get to the "I'm too cool for a chevy crowd?"

View attachment 215896

It's not totally awful looking but it reminds me of the retarded offspring of a 10 year old Ferrari (say an F430) and a new Camaro

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It looks like a carbon copy of a 458 from the front and bizarre looking from the rear. It's not a bad looking car and I'm sure it'll be good on the track, let's wait and see what the ZR1 variant looks like.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've owned Z06 Vettes in the past and I really like them. Bang for the buck, fun, reliable, easy to mod, etc. But, this new one is a disappointment to me. Technological triumph for GM, but I won't buy it if it's automatic only and not with the current body panels. The rear is awful, the sides are mediocre at best, and the wheels are terrible. Also not a fan of that center console.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 215896

Be careful on the track with those things. They are fast enough to really hurt you and kill you if you make a mistake and injure yourself. Most people that are serious about tracking a vehicle are also making the investment for roll cage and 5 point harness and I would highly recommend that you do that if you are going to seriously race it or drive it on a track.

I have ties to the club and professional racing community and I have seen several corvette owners get killed on the track from an accident because they were tracking their street cars. This is different from a stock evo or something like that where there isn’t enough road to get beyond about 135. These vettes have the legs to go.

They are awesome cars and I’ve driven them all, just be careful about tracking competitively. Most people if they get serious enough will get a spec e30 or Miata that is fully race prepped (safety wise) , or if you are more serious you can plop down about 50k and get a retired nascar stock car. There’s a quick point of separation from your daily driver and a proper track car, and the larger point of discussion is safety not performance.

For those really serious into tracking cars and go through scca or Nasa club racing, trans am now has a GT series for production cars and it’s really fucking cool.

My overarching point of this post is these new vettes in the zr1 or z06 package are serious beasts both c7 and the newer one coming out. Be careful and be smart and have fun

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Be careful on the track with those things. They are fast enough to really hurt you and kill you if you make a mistake and injure yourself. Most people that are serious about tracking a vehicle are also making the investment for roll cage and 5 point harness and I would highly recommend that you do that if you are going to seriously race it or drive it on a track.

Completely agree, and add that I recommend anyone doing this to spend the $6-7k on professional training it is well worth it and you can learn a ton with a professional driver.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 215896

Too much cheap black plastic on the body, terrible rear, good front and much improved interior. For 60k new it seems a great value, but I’d still buy used 911 any day over this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Completely agree, and add that I recommend anyone doing this to spend the $6-7k on professional training it is well worth it and you can learn a ton with a professional driver.

The path I see most people do is NASA then when they get to level 3 or so doing skip barber then go to level 4 and do that along with SCCA. You can do track time and classroom for a weekend with nasa for like 500-600 bucks it’s awesome exposure.

Skip barber is going to be more high end And going to cost more like you said.

From there that’s top end club so you can start looking at trans am etc

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not a fan of the new Vette. Guess I have to hope the 19 model doesn't appreciate massively over the next few years. The current model is my favorite since the original series.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

View attachment 215896

I think it's fucking gorgeous. I absolutely love it. I've never wanted or gave a shit about a vette and now I'm on the wait list for 2020 delivery :)

Siliconemelons

I am waiting for the next gen GT-R...

Not like I have money to buy any of these things- I think the vette looks cool

Fadaar

That guy
Leased a 2015 C7 for 3 years, really enjoyed it. Almost tempted to start saving now for a down payment on a 2020.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The new Vette looks too much like they're trying to "boil the frog" to slowly turn Corvette buyers into Camaro people....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think that is the first US car I see that has a nice interior.

It won't sell well in Europe though, despite its very low base price.

I simulated the taxes here, and estimated the CO2 output at 300g.

Anual tax: € 4.569,64
Initial tax: € 11.336,47

So slightly over 15k in the first year (they are cumulative), and near 30k in taxes over 4 years.

Anyone knows the actual CO2 output? Even at 200g it would still be 15k in 4 years.

This is using the old taxation system, which stops being used starting september 2019. The new one is even more punishing for cars with a big engine, and worse for second hand cards then for new ones, making this kind of car unsellable on the secondary market.