What vehicle do you drive?

Siliconemelons

How can you prove "texting"? I don't know what state you are in but FL you basically have to admit it, give you phone to the cop for "inspection" willingly or- I suppose in your case- if there is an accident the judge can get the records to compair with time of accident etc.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Dude, that fucking blows you got run over. And first time out no less. Hope your insurance co. rapes them.

As an aside, you ever thought about doing a G nose for your 240Z? The few times I've entertained the idea of doing a 240Z project, that was one of the first mods I thought about doing. A very rare look in the US at least, and I think the kit is like $2-3K.

240Z-003.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Dude, that fucking blows you got run over. And first time out no less. Hope your insurance co. rapes them.

As an aside, you ever thought about doing a G nose for your 240Z? The few times I've entertained the idea of doing a 240Z project, that was one of the first mods I thought about doing. A very rare look in the US at least, and I think the kit is like $2-3K.

View attachment 80545
Personally not a fan of the gnose, but it def is rare in the states. Mine will look exactly like I want when done.

She started up on the first try last week. I hope to have things buttoned up by this weekend and I'll post some pix and a vid.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How can you prove "texting"? I don't know what state you are in but FL you basically have to admit it, give you phone to the cop for "inspection" willingly or- I suppose in your case- if there is an accident the judge can get the records to compair with time of accident etc.

Here the phone company will provide records of phone usage at the time of the accident upon a court order, which is usually enough to bust texting drivers.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Here the phone company will provide records of phone usage at the time of the accident upon a court order, which is usually enough to bust texting drivers.

This is good to know.

I like the g nose but to each their own.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
WELP, after fucking with my throttle switch chasing some power issues, we finally dissected the distributor and discovered the CAS is all but obliterated. There are some DIY solid-state options that one of my motor guys is gonna work on, but it's unlikely I'll have it running right for another week sadly. Had a full break-in weekend planned, pretty bummed. Good news is all the rest of the electrical is dialed in and working great. We needed to replace the ignition transistor, but the stock units are spotty so we made our own using some newer GM parts and they work perfect. All my gauges worked flawlessly and gave accurate and desired readouts. Vacuum lines and airflow are all good, and fuel pressure was perfect. On the first test drive we uh, forgot to bleed the brakes and went a good 4 blocks without any. WOOPS.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hahaha!

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating when it happens, but looking back, the stories are so fun. Those are the things I miss about tinkering; encountering a problem and then figuring out a way to fix it. Still really looking forward to start-up and rolling vids. Keep at it bud!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Hahaha!

I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating when it happens, but looking back, the stories are so fun. Those are the things I miss about tinkering; encountering a problem and then figuring out a way to fix it. Still really looking forward to start-up and rolling vids. Keep at it bud!

It is fun for a while and at a certain age. And then at a certain age you want a car that works when you turn the key. You sacrifice some individuality but you know your car is gonna work.

Hekotat

It is fun for a while and at a certain age. And then at a certain age you want a car that works when you turn the key. You sacrifice some individuality but you know your car is gonna work.

That's why you have the daily AND the project car.

That sucks Madruk, but it just means you'll enjoy it more once you fix it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like how he just calmly mentions he got run over lmfao I'm literally cracking up.

So how much are you going to get in the settlement?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Ok, this is extremely rough and very early in the tuning stages. The pickups are bad in the dizzy and the BOV isn't routed properly, so ignore the compressor surge and shitty throttle. Lots of work left still. I'll post another video once we smooth things out.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Got this little beast last month. My first bike. 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 600. Loving it so far.

J9y4eds.jpg

NbsWhcr.jpg

Nbj5kQh.jpg

fF0f0AD.jpg

J9y4eds.jpg

NbsWhcr.jpg

Nbj5kQh.jpg

fF0f0AD.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Alright, homies...with a kid on the way I need something more practical than my Z. I'm keeping the Z, but am looking to lease a pickup truck for a 2nd car(with space cab). Any opinions on Tacomas? There are some good lease deals going on right now.

Hekotat

Ok, this is extremely rough and very early in the tuning stages. The pickups are bad in the dizzy and the BOV isn't routed properly, so ignore the compressor surge and shitty throttle. Lots of work left still. I'll post another video once we smooth things out.

Hey man, you gotta start somewhere. Love those turbo noises, I wish I could hear that shit on my ST.

I like how he just calmly mentions he got run over lmfao I'm literally cracking up.

So how much are you going to get in the settlement?

I don't know yet, I'm on my second week off from work now and having to use vacation so I get paid. Even though they bridged my time at work I was unable to get short term disability, I hope I am able to return to work soon or financially things are going to suck, I'm just glad I stacked my savings the last year.

I should get reimbursed for lost time at work, the bike paid for, having to use my vacation and medical bills of course. I don't expect a crazy lump some of money.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Alright, homies...with a kid on the way I need something more practical than my Z. I'm keeping the Z, but am looking to lease a pickup truck for a 2nd car(with space cab). Any opinions on Tacomas? There are some good lease deals going on right now.

Tacomas are great. So are RAM 1500s. My wife drives a 1500 and we have 3 kids. The full size extra cab is huge.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's a Toyota, so it'll last a long damn time. If you ever look for used ones, you'll see that they hold their value really well. I wouldn't get anything other than the V6, but that's my preference and you may be more interested in MPG. Of all the light-duty pickups, the Tacoma is one choice I'd make and the only other choice would be a Colorado with a diesel.

• 1Like