What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I wanted to keep the nimbleness of the car. There were many options (F20C, 3SGE, 3SGTE, 1UZFE, SR20DET) but in the end I'm not a baller and a lot of the engine swaps took some insane cash to get done correctly. Almost everyone one required and upgraded transmission and rear end with a custom drive shaft and none of those engines were cheap. Everything I spec'd out came out to about 10k just for the engine swap, the 7AGE was done just over 2k. I was able to use a ton of my existing parts and I picked up the 7AFE block for 100 bucks.

I still want to re-do the interior and get a decent paint job, I got screwed on the one I have now. It looks great from 10ft or more away but up close it's really bad. Once I get all those things done I might look at doing a crazier more powerful build.

Palum, there is actually a guy running a 4G63 in his 86 in the Lonestar drift series currently, I think he put down 400 or something like that.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I wanted to keep the nimbleness of the car. There were many options (F20C, 3SGE, 3SGTE, 1UZFE, SR20DET) but in the end I'm not a baller and a lot of the engine swaps took some insane cash to get done correctly. Almost everyone one required and upgraded transmission and rear end with a custom drive shaft and none of those engines were cheap. Everything I spec'd out came out to about 10k just for the engine swap, the 7AGE was done just over 2k. I was able to use a ton of my existing parts and I picked up the 7AFE block for 100 bucks.

I still want to re-do the interior and get a decent paint job, I got screwed on the one I have now. It looks great from 10ft or more away but up close it's really bad. Once I get all those things done I might look at doing a crazier more powerful build.

Palum, there is actually a guy running a 4G63 in his 86 in the Lonestar drift series currently, I think he put down 400 or something like that.
I actually think I'm about done doing mods to cars, it's always a money pit you never get back what you put into it. It's always a fire sale of parts when I de-mod to sell the car. I'vebought$20k cars and put $20k of parts/work into them, and lost $15-17k when I sell the car overall. Now I buy a $90k car, do nothing to it, keep it 1.5-2 years and sell it for $80-83k. And it's faster, more reliable, and a much cooler car too.

Hekotat

Yeah, I don't blame you there. But I love it and never intend on getting rid of this one, it has too much sentimental value.

I want to see what 90k dollar car you're rocking now.

Fadaar

That guy
I actually think I'm about done doing mods to cars, it's always a money pit you never get back what you put into it. It's always a fire sale of parts when I de-mod to sell the car. I'vebought$20k cars and put $20k of parts/work into them, and lost $15-17k when I sell the car overall. Now I buy a $90k car, do nothing to it, keep it 1.5-2 years and sell it for $80-83k. And it's faster, more reliable, and a much cooler car too.
Sounds like a current Z06. I got the Stingray, would love to experience the angry older sibling.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I dunno if I ever do an older car it'll be a hard choice.

I really love the old Z cars, but I've always wanted a Daytona Coupe so I'd be real tempted to do a F5 project car instead at that point. While I enjoy looking at 'true' antique cars with matching serials and all that, restomods are my favorite thing to dream about a project. There's nothing quite like seeing the lines of a classic car and looking in and instead of some shitty run of the 289 Windsor with an unbolstered bench seat and a wire steering wheel, it's running a monster crate motor with Recaros and a well appointed interior.

I would do terrible things for a Daytona Coupe with a Voodoo crate motor in it. GT350 powertrain on half the weight ermagerd.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I don't blame you there. But I love it and never intend on getting rid of this one, it has too much sentimental value.

I want to see what 90k dollar car you're rocking now.
I got a 2011 911 Turbo.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You rich motherfucker!

Seriously though, nice fucking ride. I'm jealous.
Like I said the funny thing is this 911 will cost me less per year to own than a lot of people buying $40k BMW's new. Those depreciate like rocks the first few years, this 911 will probably cost me $3-4k/yr in depreciation. Maybe I'm rationalizing but this is actually a much smarter choice than a lot of "cheap" cars. Especially if I'm going to light money on fire modding them.

mr208

N00b
Yeah - my '87 mr2 has a decent spec list. Thing is a monster on the road.

417whp/307lbft 200ft/lbs by 3700rpm.
3sgte Gen3 2.2 stroker with CP pistons
e153 trans w/lsd
ACL Race bearings
stock balanced rods
BC cams 264 duration
Adjustable cam gears
EMS powered top mount manifold
EMS Powered side mount intercooler core
EMS Borg Warner S252
EMS Powered 4" Intake (modded by ATS)
Apexi Power FC
ATS Racing 3 bar Map Sensor
ATS Racing Power FC Boost Control Kit
ATS custom intercooler pipes
Speed Source MK1.5 Mount kit
Clutchmasters Stage 4 unsprung clutch with Competition lightweight flywheeel (8.9lbs)
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust with custom b-pipe and cut out from ATS

Yea but thats my point, there's no sense in having an exotic really unless you can track it, because otherwise it's a poser-mobile. Exotics are not the fastest cars, they're not the most practical, they're only the most expensive. So unless you're tracking it and making use of the engineering that goes into them, or just throwing your big-dick wallet on the table cruising around in a 458 trying to impress limp dick faggots with your ride, whats the point?

Answer: there is none

Get an S2000 and learn to drive.

Edit: And the new NSX is in the GT3 price range so it'd be kinda believable that that car would see the track someday... unlike the $400k street price 458.
ra ra ra ra ra

Obviously,
People who dont like the same things I do are poser limp dick faggots....

In other words, fuck you, cars can be works of art. People enjoy owning beautiful things for reasons other than impressing people, but maybe it is easier to assume everyone is insecure, so you feel better about life and such.

Did you post a picture of your car, btw? I want to make sure to shit in your coffee, if I see you around town, seems like you need it.

Hug....... I ment give you a hug, if I see you around town....

Hekotat

Yeah - my '87 mr2 has a decent spec list. Thing is a monster on the road.

417whp/307lbft 200ft/lbs by 3700rpm.
3sgte Gen3 2.2 stroker with CP pistons
e153 trans w/lsd
ACL Race bearings
stock balanced rods
BC cams 264 duration
Adjustable cam gears
EMS powered top mount manifold
EMS Powered side mount intercooler core
EMS Borg Warner S252
EMS Powered 4" Intake (modded by ATS)
Apexi Power FC
ATS Racing 3 bar Map Sensor
ATS Racing Power FC Boost Control Kit
ATS custom intercooler pipes
Speed Source MK1.5 Mount kit
Clutchmasters Stage 4 unsprung clutch with Competition lightweight flywheeel (8.9lbs)
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust with custom b-pipe and cut out from ATS
You bastard, nice list. Post up some pics.

mr208

N00b
You bastard, nice list. Post up some pics.
Thanks man - yeah it was a goal of mine and took me about 5 years to get the money together. Lots of fun blowing the doors off of m5's and z06's in a straight line (until my gearing limits the stop speed). Its hard to believe that its the case, especially with the z06, but here is a video of one with ~70 less whp:Toyota MR2 MK1.5 vs. Corvette Z06 - YouTube

Shitty pic is the most recent.

rrr_img_130393.jpg

Siliconemelons

Thanks man - yeah it was a goal of mine and took me about 5 years to get the money together. Lots of fun blowing the doors off of m5's and z06's in a straight line (until my gearing limits the stop speed). Its hard to believe that its the case, especially with the z06, but here is a video of one with ~70 less whp:Toyota MR2 MK1.5 vs. Corvette Z06 - YouTube

Shitty pic is the most recent.

rrr_img_130393.jpg
looks cool... and cars like this always make me think...

initial-d.png

mr208

N00b

Nimbleness is key - 7age is awesome man. props for staying na and making a great car even better! I really like my swap, but it did lose some if its go-kart like feel. Its now more of a point and click rocketship which makes the car fun, but i miss being lighter by like 200lbs. If you are ever in the seattle area, lets go for a drive!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Really? I think the ass end looks terrible. Front end is meh.
It has some odd visuals from a lot of photography angles but it is nice when viewed at street level and especially if lowered slightly. I think it does look better with a small spoiler:

rrr_img_130424.jpg

Also, no idea what you mean about the front end. It is one of the best available right now. The lower models without the performance pack front splitter suffer a bit but...

rrr_img_130425.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
I think it's the odd angle the back end slopes at and the wimpy little spoiler it has. I know it's purely aesthetics, but I just don't like it. Front end isn't quite 'meh' as I said, it's actually alright. I don't really like the three light bars though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think it's the odd angle the back end slopes at and the wimpy little spoiler it has. I know it's purely aesthetics, but I just don't like it. Front end isn't quite 'meh' as I said, it's actually alright. I don't really like the three light bars though.
That's fair. I like the lights but then again I swapped out the shitty amber markers for white so they match and it looks much better. Also the white trash car is the Camaro, the Mustang is the secretary's car, right?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm with you. I own a '13, cellphone picture below, and I hate the profile view of the ass end on the '15s/16s. The angle just looks goofy. It's really the only complaint I have about the '13/'14 aesthetics and they just made it worse on the new ones. That said, I'd jump on a GT350 in a heartbeat regardless of how the rear looks.

rrr_img_130615.jpg