What vehicle do you drive?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like the 2016 much better than the previous couple of Mustang models. The GT350 is indeed a beast.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the 2016 much better than the previous couple of Mustang models. The GT350 is indeed a beast.
Tried to buy a Deep Impact Blue GT350 last week. Dealer wanted $30,000 over and wouldn't budge. Fucking California. Found several in the midwest for sticker.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Tried to buy a Deep Impact Blue GT350 last week. Dealer wanted $30,000 over and wouldn't budge. Fucking California. Found several in the midwest for sticker.
For a 350 or an R? No way there should be that much ADM on a regular 350.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That's nuts. I've seen several at sticker here(south FL) as well.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Regular 350. The R's are usually $50,000-$$60,000 over sticker in California. It's a great car, but not $110,000 great.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That's the reason it'll probably be a while before I touch a 350 - and if I was going to buy a GT350, it'd have to be the R. The GT's keeping me plenty entertained for now though, considering I was coming from a glorified Camry (94 ES300).

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm with you. I own a '13, cellphone picture below, and I hate the profile view of the ass end on the '15s/16s. The angle just looks goofy. It's really the only complaint I have about the '13/'14 aesthetics and they just made it worse on the new ones. That said, I'd jump on a GT350 in a heartbeat regardless of how the rear looks.

rrr_img_130615.jpg
Awesome colour choices. Nice looking car.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
My Z is 6 years old this month. I've been getting the itch, but I really don't want another car payment right now. I am kind of interested in that new 2016 twin turbo Infiniti Q50. We'll see what that comes in at.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By Z, do you mean 350/370 or Z06? Because there's a big difference, lol. But, I totally understand not wanting a car payment. I don't either, but like you, I'm bored to tears with my daily (M6 GC) because it's not a manual.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Awesome colour choices. Nice looking car.
Thanks, means a lot. I've put a bit of work into it aesthetically. Mechanically the only thing that's been altered is the shifter, replaced it with an MGW.

My Z is 6 years old this month. I've been getting the itch, but I really don't want another car payment right now. I am kind of interested in that new 2016 twin turbo Infiniti Q50. We'll see what that comes in at.
You've been saying you'd replace the Z for a while now, haha - just pull the trigger and grab a used GTR already.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
By Z, do you mean 350/370 or Z06? Because there's a big difference, lol. But, I totally understand not wanting a car payment. I don't either, but like you, I'm bored to tears with my daily (M6 GC) because it's not a manual.
Sorry, 370Z. Definitely not a Z06. But itisa manual.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry, 370Z. Definitely not a Z06. But itisa manual.
If you can afford it, do what makes you happy. I spent too many years NOT doing that. Now, I'm divorced at 34, sold my house, have an apartment and only two cars (one DD, one sitting at BBI in Orange County I only drive once every 5-6 weeks) but I'm WAY happier, because I'm doing what I want.

Get yourself a new car if it'll make you smile more.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm thinking about spray painting my 98 Chevy 1500 to slow its rusting into nothing by a few months.

I'm thinking about spray painting my 98 Chevy 1500 to slow its rusting into nothing by a few months.
If you are trying to get a few more years out of it, look at rust treatments specifically, not just paint. They claim to chemically react with the iron oxide to slow down bubbling that will eventually come back. I'm sure there are some videos out there, on good prepping methods. Removing panels on a healthy vehicle is not that difficult, but just getting access to prep both sides, when you are looking at rusted fasteners and anchors, may be more trouble than it's worth.

I used something similar, although not as strong/thick, when I had a battery acid spill in my Trans Am. It caused all the paint on the battery tray to vanish, and in its place, a nice coat of rust. Removed the tray, scraped and sanded off all the rust and then used the rust treatment. I didn't notice any rust over the next 2 battery changes (~6 years time).

Applying rust bullet to prevent rust on your vehicle

https://www.rustbullet.com/faq

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You've been saying you'd replace the Z for a while now, haha - just pull the trigger and grab a used GTR already.
My lack of a garage has been keeping me from upgrading. I've also been saying I'm going to sell my townhouse for the last two years!