What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Eagle eyes, god damn.

Actually a lot of us here are Texans. I was a little surprised myself.

I gave a gt3 a thumbs up the other day and wonder if it was you haha. I'm sure there's more than one in the area though.

Yea, a surprising number are here.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Lol ya i scrolled thru. The jeep was a riot but already up to 23k. As stand out as it is id have to worry about the guys crew jumping me maybe lol.

I actually thought about the jag as a second beater jag. If it was awd I would have maybe gambled.
Buy that bitch and have it wrapped. I think whoever did it did meh on styling but it’ll still be a fun beater.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could god forbid ditch our ailing 2013 juke, 165k miles for.......

Another slightly less gay juke nismo.. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...P43Q5_tvfXDMMBfRJ6TL-9eQH4n61NJEaAqmQEALw_wcB

I hate being seen in one but with true snow types was the best snow car I've ever had. Though another way to shit on it would be its a hair over half the cost of a brand new maverick i ordered.

Leaning towards will see if it's 2 months like some said or 10 months for the maverick. If it comes early, can always bail on it no cost, or but specifically to flip for 5-8k and put that towards something fun in the 25k$ range.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I generally avoid salvage vehicles because it's so dependent on what was wrong with it and how skillfully (or not) it was repaired. I'd have it inspected at least, if you go in with the mindset that it's not going to be perfect but you're just making sure it doesn't have anything dangerously wrong with it it can be worth a shot. I usually try to find something with high miles but low owners. If you're able to DIY it's the cheapest way to drive, I've put 50k+ miles on cars I got for under 5k.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Going for more than original MSRP with 10 days left, nuts. All the sports cars and exotics with 6 speed manuals have gone through the roof. It might slow down this year and/or next if we have a down market, but they will be trending up for a long time.

Good time to be a seller.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I found another dealership getting in 3 Elantra Ns mid Feb. Just got final pricing from them, $1000 non refundable deposit to hold car. Pricing $5000 over MSRP. Fuck. Right. Off.

I'm a Hyundai believer, but $5k over MSRP?! This isnt a god damn porsche.

Back to the dealership that will order one. Refundable deposit,and it better be MSRP or I walk.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I found another dealership getting in 3 Elantra Ns mid Feb. Just got final pricing from them, $1000 non refundable deposit to hold car. Pricing $5000 over MSRP. Fuck. Right. Off.

I'm a Hyundai believer, but $5k over MSRP?! This isnt a god damn porsche.

Back to the dealership that will order one. Refundable deposit,and it better be MSRP or I walk.

Just be sure to get something in writing, not just a handshake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Any experience with salvage cars other than avoid them usually do to unknown? I would never consider it but it's a 3rd car for inclement weather, only bonus was if it's utility like a truck.

Ordered a maverick at 30k, but perishing local stuff for something cheaper i can live with as a snow car. Can't help but wonder how bad this could be when i can at least see the salvage photos.

View attachment 395382
View attachment 395383
you WILL NOT have any subbie warranty, that cvt will fail you, it's failing alot of first gen impreza cvt guys like me after 100k

it looks like it has ONLY been in a wreck, so no water damage, which is at least a bonus

looks like it's just a passenger side crash (you can tell the seem isn't subaru perfect from your pic, it's a, mm short), which isn't bad b/c theres less liquid dmg to deal w/ the wiperfluid is on the driverside
subaru-impreza-li-2016-jf1gjan69gh004161-img1.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Just be sure to get something in writing, not just a handshake.

Oh yeah I'd get full paperwork done up-front.

The place with the $5000 markup also offered 3.99 APR, LOLOL I'm 36 with a credit score 800+ piss on that.

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
If that's the original color he'd be insane changing it, it would kill the value of the car.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
If that's the original color he'd be insane changing it, it would kill the value of the car.

First off, it's big of you to even assume that Foler understands what brings value to a car. He doesn't.

Secondly, there is probably a 50/50 chance that Foler doesn't even own a car. He's just here to troll those of us that do.

• 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
First off, it's big of you to even assume that Foler understands what brings value to a car. He doesn't.

Secondly, there is probably a 50/50 chance that Foler doesn't even own a car. He's just here to troll those of us that do.
Lmao I have a custom wrap on my pista. I wouldn’t change it if it’s the original color but I’d wrap it for sure.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Lmao I have a custom wrap on my pista. I wouldn’t change it if it’s the original color but I’d wrap it for sure.

What kind of toilet paper is best for wrapping a hot wheels car?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users