What's on your Christmas movie list?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Watched a christmas movie set under the ocean, I think they're drilling oil. Does anyone remember the name of it?
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

No one for this? People are calling it a new Christmas classic!

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't think that was a real movie. Not gonna click it to find out. Murphy is not a mark of quality.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I didn't think that was a real movie. Not gonna click it to find out. Murphy is not a mark of quality.

My interest in that movie is JUST slightly above my interest in a hypothetical Tyler Perry's Madea Meets the Nutty Professor movie.

Which is to say I'd pay not to watch it if I had to.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My interest in that movie is JUST slightly above my interest in a hypothetical Tyler Perry's Madea Meets the Nutty Professor movie.

Which is to say I'd pay not to watch it if I had to.
I heard in the sequel they meet up at Big Mama's House for book club.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like to catch

RLM covered it in one of their very early Best of the Worsts and I was happy they liked it as much as they did. I prefer having the robots and Mike though.

For TV the Night of the Meek episode of the Twilight Zone where Art Carney plays a drunken department store Santa that finds a magic bag full of gifts. It's shot using those (for the time) high frame rate TV cameras that make the entire thing extra surreal and dreamlike. There's a really early version of Dicken's A Christmas Carol that I can always be suckered in to sitting down and watching this time of year.

Scrooged is so fucking good.

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's definitely not anymore. Loved him in the 80s.
i watched his 90s movies in the theater. i took my date to see Boomerang and we laughed our asses off. that movie was funny. his other stuff? nobody wanted to see that, his last big movie was Vampire in Brooklyn. he had his chance to win back the comedy title. nope, he couldnt do it.

-edit
i take that that back. nutty professor was amazing

Last edited:

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
i watched his 90s movies in the theater. i took my date to see Boomerang and we laughed our asses off. that movie was funny. his other stuff? nobody wanted to see that, his last big movie was Vampire in Brooklyn. he had his chance to win back the comedy title. nope, he couldnt do it.

-edit
i take that that back. nutty professor was amazing

I wasn't fan of his later stuff. I didn't care for Nutty Professor or his other multiple himself roles.

I loved his earlier stuff. Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, 48 Hours, Another 48 Hours.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Other than Die Hard and Home Alone, I don’t know what else you really need. Maybe Die Hard 2- shoutout to Dulles Airport.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh I’d forgotten about the Muppet Christmas Carol until husband turned it on last night. Can’t go wrong with Michael Caine.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
uvbjTLZSxGehXWDo1ENyVuBrYie.jpg

Fuck A Christmas Story. This and Die Hard should be alternated on repeat for 24 hours every Christmas

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Christmas Story sequel was actually fairly decent. But our must watches are:

Nightmare Before Christmas
Xmas Vacation
It's a Wonderful Life (the OG version)
Scrooged
Christmas Story (the Dad reminds me of my own father)
Grinch (cartoon og version)

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also LOTR extended edition.
I'll also play a lot of overcooked 2 on the PS, I hope my family got better or they're going to get gordon ramsay'd.