Whats rustling your jimmies?

joz123

Potato del Grande
People who say "I could care less" when they should say "I couldn't care less". They mean the complete opposite of each other and it really irritates me.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol much more realistic to have the not-a-gigantic-fat-lazy-cunt simply cross her legs so the gigantic-fat-lazy-cunt-forever alone bitches don't feel "harmed" by it. I don't even think a good plague would solve the problem because it will inevitably take some of the good and leave some of the shit. What we really need is a good cleansing (i'd say genetic but it's not really genetics that are the problem). Something like the concept in the Purge except it'd be a 1year timeframe and it only legalizes murder of retards (not the legitimate mental defect retards either).

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
People who say "I could care less" when they should say "I couldn't care less". They mean the complete opposite of each other and it really irritates me.
People who don't realize that "I could care less" is not the complete opposite of "I couldn't care less".

Just because I could care less, doesn't mean I care a lot about your problem. Probably, the only reason I don't care less is that it would take more effort than you're worth.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People who don't realize that "I could care less" is not the complete opposite of "I couldn't care less".

Just because I could care less, doesn't mean I care a lot about your problem. Probably, the only reason I don't care less is that it would take more effort than you're worth.
Bullshit semantic. When people say the phrase, they are implying that they do not care. When used incorrectly as: "I could care less", this implies you DO care. To what degree is irrelevant. This phrase is also a peeve of mine. A very distant second is when people say "irregardless". The double negative "ir" and "less" leaves you with regard. The exact opposite of what people mean when using the word.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Android iconography
Android contacts list - If I want to look at or edit a contact I mistakenly call them almost at least once before success.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Bullshit semantic. When people say the phrase, they are implying that they do not care. When used incorrectly as: "I could care less", this implies you DO care. To what degree is irrelevant. This phrase is also a peeve of mine. A very distant second is when people say "irregardless". The double negative "ir" and "less" leaves you with regard. The exact opposite of what people mean when using the word.
I had this same argument with some morons on the Pdox forums. It's doubly frustrating when you're arguing with non-native english speakers who think they know our idioms.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
To go along with all the irritating phrases (I might have already mentioned these but they constantly irritate me daily), I work with an office full of people that say, "I seen" instead of "I saw" and "supposably." I want to strangle them every time. I gave up correcting them years ago because it isn't worth the hassle.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Another one that gets me that is directly related to the industry I'm in. We provide door closers, which are, quite obviously, the things mounted at the top of some doors that make them close behind you. This one guy, who is notorious for using the wrong word for everything (like that eggcorn list), has called them "closures" for 15+ years. Every once in awhile I call him on it, but again, it just doesn't matter because in a few weeks he'll be right back to saying the wrong word. And driving me fucking nuts.

EDIT: Oh, and people that don't understand the "mind-bottling" joke. For all intensive purposes you can go fuck yourself with the Sixteenth Chapel.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
"You know, when it feels like your mind is trapped in a bottle? Jees Matil"

My co-worker says flustrated. That's a good ideal. I can go on and on.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That certain time in the morning or late afternoon that you drive, where the sun is in the worst possible fucking spot and you can't block it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
On theme, "HowcanI help you?"

Enough with Back To The Future references, for fucks sake. I/We get it. Things were "predicted" for 2015 that aren't happening.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
"You know, when it feels like your mind is trapped in a bottle? Jees Matil"

My co-worker says flustrated. That's a good ideal. I can go on and on.
That would drive me to insanity if i had to hear that!

People with fucking dragon breath. Better not ask him a question in the copy room, the stench will linger for a half hour.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
People who when it's a green light straight just come to a complete stop to make a right turn. Fuck you, drink some drain cleaner you mongoloid.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I could care less if you think it's just semantics. But words mean things, and everybody is not always trying to say what YOU mean. Sometimes we're trying to say what WE mean.

I agree about irregardless. It's gotta have a hard T in it. IrregarTless

EDIT: Oh, and people that don't understand the "mind-bottling" joke. For all intensive purposes you can go fuck yourself with the Sixteenth Chapel.
I think there's a couple people here who don't get that. I say a lot of those phrases purposely wrong because I think they're funny. But, there is a risk of over-use and forgetting that it's wrong. That's why I bug my eyes out when I hit the hard T in irregarTless when I use that one.

That certain time in the morning or late afternoon that you drive, where the sun is in the worst possible fucking spot and you can't block it.
One of the tips to living a good life that my dad taught me was to never live west of work. You'll be fighting the sun in your eyes both ways. Obviously, this only applies if you work normal hours, if you work nights, don't live east of work.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Right now the sun is actually in my side and rear-view mirrors on the way home, and it fucking blows because I can't see a single thing behind me (and practically blinds me unless I move the mirrors). It will be over in a week or two, but this particular span always seems to have clear days.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
anyone who uses any eggcorn unintentionally

The Eggcorn Database
I'd never heard of eggcorns. Those are interesting, but it's probably more interesting how upset people apparently are about them. With most of them (actually, all of them that I read), I can understand how people are making the mistakes. For instance, 'set and done' doesn't really make any less sense than 'said and done' in those examples, and a lot of people pronounce 'said' like 'set'. They're only upset because the saying is 'said and done'.

Fedor, how do you feel about the use of Spittin Image? Does that bother you too, or is it OK because it's been around long enough?