Whats rustling your jimmies?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If you buy a car with any software the company still controls or basically owns then you're part of the problem and deserve every but of what you get.

If you buy a TV, or a phone, or ever use any programs for work, or think you own a digital video game... Etc.

I'm a firm believer in Prof Ted (aside from the bombing of course) and to me you look like a retarded luddite.

Sure, man, I get the sentiment and wish reality was different, but at some point the rustle can't be blaming people for trying to exist in a fucked up world and instead it seems to be more healthy to rustle and blame the overlords forcing all this shit into our anuses.

I love the people who are statistically highly likely to have a half dozen spy devices within line of sight pretending something like downloading an app is the line in the sand they won't cross to maintain they're one of the good ones doing it right.
None of your examples are even close to the same thing. You can order your fast food by speaking out loud and handing the dude your money. You chose to instead download some special software onto your mobile device and give it access to all your personal info, for a $0.50 coupon off some garbage.

In all of your examples, the consumer had no other options.

Then you close with some nonsensical ad hominem that you assure us is based on statistics? Gee, maybe the dude thats so irrationally opposed to this shit he still doesnt own a smartphone in 2023 might also not have other spy devices in the house? Nah, you assure us your view is based on ""statistics"".

tfw when the dude with the implanted chip calls you a luddite
1701869223512.png

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
None of your examples are even close to the same thing. You can order your fast food by speaking out loud and handing the dude your money. You chose to instead download some special software onto your mobile device and give it access to all your personal info, for a $0.50 coupon off some garbage.

In all of your examples, the consumer had no other options.

Then you close with some nonsensical ad hominem that you assure us is based on statistics? Gee, maybe the dude thats so irrationally opposed to this shit he still doesnt own a smartphone in 2023 might also not have other spy devices in the house? Nah, you assure us your view is based on ""statistics"".

tfw when the dude with the implanted chip calls you a luddite
View attachment 503252

Sure, sure. And people can drive to a store instead of dealing with online shopping and delivery.

There are technically always other options, so now nothing should ever bother someone because technically there is some option for them to avoid ever potentially having to deal with a bunch of modern societal aspects that are forced upon people by those with the power to shape society to their destructive whims.

Look at these dumb fucks in this thread not trying to just live like the Amish. At least they can feel better knowing you're a better person than they are!

A sign someone is full of shit or rhetorically retarded is one person speaks generally to make a point and the other person takes it very literally.

I try to make a point about the proliferation of technology in society, but you choose make a semantic argument as if I were presenting some statistical analysis and talking about you personally. Why?

Why twice claim I attempted to "assure" everyone I was using statistics when it was very obvious I was making a general point? Why bristle at my generalities of society by taking them personally and accusing me of ad hominems for you to then turn around to do that very thing?

We can have a pissing contest over who avoids intrusive technology more, but that's not the point.

My point is it's destructive and they don't even implement it well, and I see the dangers and annoyance in it, especially as it starts to seem increasingly necessary to participate in society.

We seem to generally agree on the situation, so your point is to demean other people so you can feel better about yourself because you've drawn some meaningless red line you haven't crossed (yet).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking ups.

Says it will attempt one final delivery today between 12 and 5. So i ask my mom to go to my house to wait and sign for it.

Look at tracking and they attempted delivery at 930.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When the shit is wrong, the answer is simple. Don't do it. Don't play by their rules. You don't have to use their delivery service or forced corporate partnerships. It's the same idea as civil disobedience except in this case there's no government involved. Don't participate in the parts of society that are wrong.

I always knew you had a room temperature IQ, I'm only just now realizing it's in Celsius. If it was in Fahrenheit you might have noticed that I already apply that advice.

Fucking ups.

Says it will attempt one final delivery today between 12 and 5. So i ask my mom to go to my house to wait and sign for it.

Look at tracking and they attempted delivery at 930.

I miss the days when I could actually get in touch with my delivery driver and either meet him to get the package or go directly to the depot to pick it up the next day.

joz123

Potato del Grande
God damnit.

I cant have this package dropped off at a local ups store for me to pickup and the only days they will deliver are fucking work days in the middle of it.

Fucking retarded.
I had a UPS package "fail" to deliver 3 days in a row because my address got cut off and nobody notified me. Get an email saying it's waiting for pickup at their service center which they don't list the hours for. Find out it is only open 10-2pm Mon-Wed. Worst fucking shipping company.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I had a UPS package "fail" to deliver 3 days in a row because my address got cut off and nobody notified me. Get an email saying it's waiting for pickup at their service center which they don't list the hours for. Find out it is only open 10-2pm Mon-Wed. Worst fucking shipping company.
Mmm, ordered some new insoles for my or skechers. Sent from china to make sure I get the new bat2flu. Says delivered. I make a claim of no delivery. Guy shows me a us adress and delivered tracking. I live in eurocuckistan. Chinafluseller says sorry, sorry, I send new package mista Izo. Okay. 4 weeks later I get a mail, package got redirected to a paint store some 38km away from my place, closes at 1400 as well. Uh. Fuck. You. Again. Rustled my jimmies.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I always knew you had a room temperature IQ, I'm only just now realizing it's in Celsius. If it was in Fahrenheit you might have noticed that I already apply that advice.

You already don't use delivery services and then do their work for them by happily matching off to Walgreens to effectively deliver your own package to yourself? Strange, I was just quoting you bitching about that very thing.

I'm sorry I haven't been closely noticing your personal life habits. Your opinions matter to me to me, though, so I'll be sure to consider your insults and modify my existence accordingly.

• 1Cringe

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Mmm, ordered some new insoles for my or skechers. Sent from china to make sure I get the new bat2flu. Says delivered. I make a claim of no delivery. Guy shows me a us adress and delivered tracking. I live in eurocuckistan. Chinafluseller says sorry, sorry, I send new package mista Izo. Okay. 4 weeks later I get a mail, package got redirected to a paint store some 38km away from my place, closes at 1400 as well. Uh. Fuck. You. Again. Rustled my jimmies.
Well, it's getting closer. Try again and see if they got you dialed in yet.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its 2023 and we still have autists who complain about "threads getting derailed".

Particularly on a forum that has taken the odd and perplexing moderating decision that all political talk gets crammed into a single 80 billion page long thread, all race talk into another 80 billion page long thread, and so on, instead of letting new threads come and go organically.

And then these motherfuckers come in bitching at any post that doesnt exactly follow along from the first page in the thread, "stop this derail!!!"

"derailing a thread" is as nonsensical as "de-evolution". The entire concept is stupid and wrong.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its 2023 and we still have autists who complain about "threads getting derailed".

Particularly on a forum that has taken the odd and perplexing moderating decision that all political talk gets crammed into a single 80 billion page long thread, all race talk into another 80 billion page long thread, and so on, instead of letting new threads come and go organically.

And then these motherfuckers come in bitching at any post that doesnt exactly follow along from the first page in the thread, "stop this derail!!!"

"derailing a thread" is as nonsensical as "de-evolution". The entire concept is stupid and wrong.

Unless you're rustled about thread derails, you're derailing this thread sir.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 7 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have a Best Buy credit card (store specific one, not just one with their name that I can use anywhere) that I haven't used in years. Got an email a few weeks ago that if I didn't use it they were going to cancel it. Didn't really care, and it totally could have been a ploy to get me to use it, but when it came time to buy some new computer speakers I figured why not check Best Buy vs. Amazon? Same price, same delivery time, sure, I'll use the card I guess.

Go to pay the bill online, and I don't want to go through the bank verification crap to save a payment method because I probably won't use it for several more years. So I use the one-time payment option, which has me put in account and routing number, fine. But then it just keeps refreshing when I hit "authorize." I figure maybe it is a browser or adblocker deal, so I log in with a clean Edge browser, nope, same shit happens. Same with clean Firefox and Chrome. Try to use their online chat system, you can guess how helpful that was. Now I'm super-annoyed and determined not to save my fucking info, so I even wait over a day hoping maybe I'll get an email because the one-time payment says it can take up to 3 days. Yes, you and I both know that likely means to process, not to actually verify and allow me to type in an amount, but maybe I'm dumb and reading it wrong, so I wait.

Nope, nothing, and despite actually talking to a live person finally on chat, I have to give up and "save" a payment method, which literally takes about 10 seconds, and then I'm done. But then I go to delete the payment method, because that was the whole point of me not saving it in the first place, and it acts like it deletes but is still there. Fuck me.

And yes, I know that it is hardly a big deal to save my info since they likely have way more than that, but initially I thought it had to be way easier to just do a one-time payment, and then it started to bug me that I literally could not make one at all. Why is that option even there if it doesn't work?

• 1Seriously?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Serves you right for trying to keep a worthless credit card. Cancel it and wait till they offer you a reward to apply for a new one again.

Goatface

remember i signed up for a best buy card to get a like a 10% coupon, used it for that one purchase. paid it off and never used it again. they didn't even tell me there were cancelling it. think it was less than 2 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I love the people who are statistically highly likely to have a half dozen spy devices within line of sight pretending something like downloading an app is the line in the sand they won't cross to maintain they're one of the good ones doing it right.

Just looked around the room and counted. 3 internet-connected listening devices in the room, 4 when a particular thing is turned on, 5 if the TV counts (it isn't a Samsung, it's an LG, so probably not). I bet most people would have more than that if they stopped and took an inventory. Kind of crazy how we just let this happen.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What rustles my jimmies today: These fucking modern rappers stealing legendary songs of yesteryear and making them "theirs".

"Walk On By" is one of the great classic songs. This creepy Doja Cat weirdo steals the song basically 1:1 and layers a bunch of cultural grafitti all over it (cuss words, etc) and it gets 100M views or whatever on Youtube and becomes the "anthem" for young "bad bitch" type people in 2023.

A few years ago that stupid druggie rapper who died (can't remember his name) stole one of Sting's greatest songs, layered a bunch of cultural grafitti over it with his verbal diarrhea, it gets 100M views or whatever and becomes the "anthem" for whiny young "woe is me" people in 2019.

Fuck these pieces of shit.

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
People who call will blocked CID.

No I'm not answering you're phone, you're not the CIA, you're a fucking telemarketer when you do that.

• 1Worf