Whats rustling your jimmies?

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Taking 40 mother fucking minutes to fucking drive to fucking work that is usually 15 fucking minutes away.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
You got SafeTouch where you're at Hoss? I hear their commercials all day long here. It might be a Florida only company though.

Fuck that shit man.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
ASG security rustles my jimmies...
I am not a lawyer, but doing some googling on the "auto renewing" BS (called "evergreen clauses" apparently). The fact they have to reassure you the ass penetration they're giving is "industry standard" always makes me suspicious (feels very much like anArgumentum ad populumargument, which are used when they know they're full of BS) .

I guess it varies greatly from state to state, but at least in NY state, these clauses are not enforceable unless"the person furnishing the service, maintenance or repair, at least fifteen days and not more than thirty days previous to the time specified for serving such notice upon him, shall give to the person receiving the service, maintenance or repair written notice, served personally or by certified mail, calling the attention of that person to the existence of such provision in the contract."

I am not a fan of needless litigation, but it sounds like this, were you to do it again, it would be the great situation to threaten them with a lawyer.

As for jimmies rustling, AC dying on the hottest day of the year. Was ~105 F in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metro area on Saturday and AC motor for the upstairs unit broke.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
be 15 to 30 characters in length
contain at least two uppercase letters (A-Z)
contain at least two lowercase letters (a-z)
contain at least two numbers (0-9)
contain at least two of the following special characters: # @ $ % ^ ! * + = _
change at least four characters from your previous password

Who the fuck thought that up? Seriously 15 fucking character minimum?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is a four god damn year statute of limitations on tax refunds? Fuck you Arizona and youre fucking retarded revenue monogloids. Losing out on $300 in a tax refund due to "refunds have a four year limitation to be claimed". Fuck you Arizona, didnt even know I was owed a refund until now.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

And it pisses me off when corporate system policies implement this shit for EVERY dumb piece of software.

There's this garbage system that I have to use to track my yearly goals *eye rolls* and they put a password policy on it like the one above.

WE DUN WAN PEPOLE TO HAK UR GOALZ!

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Being behind someone that is fucking grocery shopping at a convenience store. I've got a single fucking beer or soda, and this motherfucker is buying enough food to feed his family for a week, and paying like 300% more than just going to a real store.

The stupid drivers in South Carolina keep my jimmies in a continuous rustle. When I lived in CA my commute was 57 miles each way, usually took about 45 minutes. My Summerville to West Ashley commute is 16 miles each way. And now that school is back, it takes on average 1 hour and 15 minutes! Not to mention the insurance rates are higher here, than CA and when I lived in Mass.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
People who appear to function on some kind of script and are determined to deliver that script regardless of any input. This is hard to explain, so I'll just give an example from work:

Manager: "I just came by to let you know that we got an email from Dr.-"
Me: "If you're talking about the email from Dr. (name of doctor), I know, I read it this morning before I came in. He wants all his biopsies on gel-coated slides. I already made some of them up." *Picks up box of slides and points to it*
Manager: "Yes, well, (name of doctor) sent everyone an email saying he needs all his biopsies to be on gel-coated slides, rather than the regular slides from now on. Here, I printed out the email so you can take a look at it."

Bitch, remember the time period from 20 seconds ago to 10 seconds ago when the hole in my face was moving and sound was coming out of it? Did you just decide you weren't going to process any audio information today? Did I tragically die in my sleep yesterday and am obliviously haunting this place? Some kind of feedback would be nice here.

Ugh, I know this is a little thing but it's going to bother me the whole day. She does shit like this all the time.

Siliconemelons

Recently in one of my "Advanced Networking and Systems Management" classes we had literally 3 weeks of discussion questions all based around password policy and bullshit % charts etc etc of how this crap increases security exponentially - a minimum of 5 characters is inherently secure while a minimum of 10 characters is 10000% more secure than - bla bla the fuck bla blady-bla bla.

I must have been the only student that was not fresh from highschool or their first round of college and every week was like "in theory the stricter the password policy the better the theoretical security etc... BUT when you input the factor of THE END USER all this shit goes out the fucking window!" If you make the passwords expire too frequently you get the ABC or 123 of a character change so rrj@#5! turns to rrj@#6! etc etc - if you make it to complicated that you cannot possibly make your password anything coherent (no words etc) you are more likely to not have anyone commit their passwords to memory (and by the time they do THEY FUCKING EXPIRE) so you get post-it-note syndrome... 50% of the time I go sit at a desk to fix someone's ham handed "I broke my computer" issue I can find their password somewhere around their desk.

So you all are going to get a nice wave of "newly trained" network admins that know from the book that TO INCREASE SECURITY WE MUST IMPLEMENT STUPID PASSWORD POLICYS . argh!

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Recently in one of my "Advanced Networking and Systems Management" classes we had literally 3 weeks of discussion questions all based around password policy and bullshit % charts etc etc of how this crap increases security exponentially - a minimum of 5 characters is inherently secure while a minimum of 10 characters is 10000% more secure than - bla bla the fuck bla blady-bla bla.

I must have been the only student that was not fresh from highschool or their first round of college and every week was like "in theory the stricter the password policy the better the theoretical security etc... BUT when you input the factor of THE END USER all this shit goes out the fucking window!" If you make the passwords expire too frequently you get the ABC or 123 of a character change so rrj@#5! turns to rrj@#6! etc etc - if you make it to complicated that you cannot possibly make your password anything coherent (no words etc) you are more likely to not have anyone commit their passwords to memory (and by the time they do THEY FUCKING EXPIRE) so you get post-it-note syndrome... 50% of the time I go sit at a desk to fix someone's ham handed "I broke my computer" issue I can find their password somewhere around their desk.

So you all are going to get a nice wave of "newly trained" network admins that know from the book that TO INCREASE SECURITY WE MUST IMPLEMENT STUPID PASSWORD POLICYS . argh!
I don't even get why any kind of complex password is needed, even theoretically. Granted I'm not that computer savvy, but it locks you out after X attempts, right? How could you possibly brute force it? If you have access to the server that actually checks the password, I don't think you really need access to an end user account anymore.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Motherfucker who shows up 1hour late in the morning, take 90min lunch brakes and leave 30min early. Rustled jimmies already, but he also has to nerve to come to me and try to dump work on my desk because somehow he doesnt have enough time in his day to do it all.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Motherfucker who shows up 1hour late in the morning, take 90min lunch brakes and leave 30min early. Rustled jimmies already, but he also has to nerve to come to me and try to dump work on my desk because somehow he doesnt have enough time in his day to do it all.
The only thing worse than this is when that guy gets paid more than you.

Siliconemelons

I don't even get why any kind of complex password is needed, even theoretically. Granted I'm not that computer savvy, but it locks you out after X attempts, right? How could you possibly brute force it? If you have access to the server that actually checks the password, I don't think you really need access to an end user account anymore.
There are almost always systems that are not linked to a lock out policy etc but again no normal end user is going to be in those systems etc... I literally had to defend my stances in a separate email to my instructor for not giving the standard answer to these discussion questions as "my practices would not provide security" as I focused on keeping the end user informed that threats and phising still happen- keep your password secure etc- I would rather have them make end users commit a decently complex yet comprehendible password to memory and have it last longer than changing it every week- end users tend to see all the password rules and network security layers as "doing all the work" so they become slack and not as attentive to common security etc.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm the post-it guy. What else can you do when you have 15 different systems you have to log in to, all with shitty (yet slightly different) password policies.

People keep forgetting their passwords and have to call the help desk for resets. This leads to help desk being overwhelmed by simple password resets. So they implement a "forgot password" option on all systems that will ask you a couple questions then email the password to your outlook.

So now all you have to do is get access to my outlook to get all my passwords.

SECURITY!