Whats rustling your jimmies?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Massachusetts. My electric bill this month. 720 dollars.
wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Electric heat? I had some bills in the past that high, but we keep the wood stove going now. Worst this year was $320.

Nope. Oil heat. (Which costs me about 400 bucks a month in the winter). Just inconsiderate family that doesn't understand that shit isn't free.

No lie. My mother whom I didn't have the heart to throw in an apartment or some shit by herself, lives with me along with my two children. They have space heaters that they run sometimes on those frigid nights. Ok, cool. Caught my son and mother WITH THE FUCKIN AIR CONDITIONER AND SPACE HEATERS ON AT THE SAME TIME!

Needless to say, I flipped on both of them. Made my son remove the air conditioners from the windows, and I took the space heaters away. Told the kids the next step is their PC's (video cards) are next if my bill doesn't come in at half that next month.

Now they mad at me...

ffff.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Nope. Oil heat. (Which costs me about 400 bucks a month in the winter). Just inconsiderate family that doesn't understand that shit isn't free.

No lie. My mother whom I didn't have the heart to throw in an apartment or some shit by herself, lives with me along with my two children. They have space heaters that they run sometimes on those frigid nights. Ok, cool. Caught my son and mother WITH THE FUCKIN AIR CONDITIONER AND SPACE HEATERS ON AT THE SAME TIME!

Needless to say, I flipped on both of them. Made my son remove the air conditioners from the windows, and I took the space heaters away. Told the kids the next step is their PC's (video cards) are next if my bill doesn't come in at half that next month.

Now they mad at me...

View attachment 512366
Brahma is black?!

where do i go wide awake GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Let's Go Brandon!
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Now they mad at me...

View attachment 512366
be like mike.jpg

• 14Worf
  • 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 22 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Window AC units still installed in the middle of winter? They don't even have to be running to be costing you money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Window AC units still installed in the middle of winter? They don't even have to be running to be costing you money.
Do you take them apart every year? That sounds like a lot of fucking work, or are they just not anchored very well? Not sure how windows AC work, we only have like the shitty but cheap mobile ones here with like a hose thing you can put into a window or a door or something, and the full wall mounted AC with the unit outside and moving air through the roof or the walls or underground depending on how your place is setup.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you take them apart every year? That sounds like a lot of fucking work, or are they just not anchored very well? Not sure how windows AC work, we only have like the shitty but cheap mobile ones here with like a hose thing you can put into a window or a door or something, and the full wall mounted AC with the unit outside and moving air through the roof or the walls or underground depending on how your place is setup.

Open the window and pull it out. The window being closed on it is all that holds it in. Maybe a support bracket for heavy ones on the outside, but they just rest on that.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
those hose ones are awful for efficiency. Window heat pump mini split style is ideal.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Open the window and pull it out. The window being closed on it is all that holds it in. Maybe a support bracket for heavy ones on the outside, but they just rest on that.
Ah I see I thought they'd have to be screwed in the frame or something like that so it sounded like a big deal to remove.
those hose ones are awful for efficiency. Window heat pump mini split style is ideal.
Yeah I know the hose are terrible I used to have one many years ago, I don't think we have windows AC here though, probably cause the windows aren't made for it(most windows are the 2 "doors" style windows or sliding doors type) so I was curious how they worked

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Nah. It's easy. They are just heavy and need two people to remove from the window since I do not have a supporting bracket on the outside. I just cover mine with plastic and duct tape, and pull down the blind. My kids and mother I usually take them out the window with my sons help. No idea why we didn't do that this year. Just laziness on my part. (to be honest I haven't even gone upstairs in weeks). I can tell you now, them three units are in the basement never to be seen again as far as I am concerned.

I do have to say this. My son actually came and said a half ass apology last night. He knew I was fuckin PISSED for him to even make the attempt. My mother acts like I chopped off her arms. My daughter acts like nothing happened. Fuckin family man.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nah. It's easy. They are just heavy and need two people to remove from the window since I do not have a supporting bracket on the outside. I just cover mine with plastic and duct tape, and pull down the blind. My kids and mother I usually take them out the window with my sons help. No idea why we didn't do that this year. Just laziness on my part. (to be honest I haven't even gone upstairs in weeks). I can tell you now, them three units are in the basement never to be seen again as far as I am concerned.

I do have to say this. My son actually came and said a half ass apology last night. He knew I was fuckin PISSED for him to even make the attempt. My mother acts like I chopped off her arms. My daughter acts like nothing happened. Fuckin family man.
Get the Midea U inverter units. They're the best.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How are this mini splits on weight? I don't like putting typical window units in my windows because I can see them visibly bend under the weight. It's not much, but I'd rather deal with a few days of heat than replacing damaged windows.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How are this mini splits on weight? I don't like putting typical window units in my windows because I can see them visibly bend under the weight. It's not much, but I'd rather deal with a few days of heat than replacing damaged windows.
Well the Midea U units are more balanced, but they come with brackets. Since the window closes "through" them they generally feel more secure to me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user