Whats rustling your jimmies?

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Along the same lines as my previous jimmy rustle:

Cities can do pretty much whatever they want when it comes to underground utilities. Contractors, however, are held to a rigid standard (which is good.)

One particular city around dfw has fire hydrants made specially per their requirements, from multiple manufacturers. The manufacturers even have the city name in the fucking part number. the city workers can install any brand they choose, yet contractors can only install one brand. How the shit does that work??

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord
That said, having a guy go "I never heard anything about this!" then searching his email and showing him 100+ emails in his inbox telling his all about this and how to prepare that he chose to ignore? Priceless. Also, I refuse to believe anyone needs a fucking email from 2005 unless it's related to something related to legal. I had fuckers whining they couldn't find an email about a meeting they had in 2003. Get the fuck out of here.
100+ emails? I'm rustled. We did a major migration/change last year, and the emails were coming thick, sometimes 8 per day. Got to the point where a VP had to stomp hard on the dipshit IT guys. If what you are doing really requires me to "MUST ACT NOW!" 4-8 times a day for 2 months, then you dun fucked up.

Superkock_sl

shitlord
So jimmies were rustled at work today, when I got into a discussion with my co-worker, who gets rustled by people using words inappropriately. The discussion was about the words use and utilize. He was trying to explain the difference to me, calmly at first. After rustling his jimmies for about 30 minutes on the subject, he proceeded to pull my chair out from under me and told me to get the fuck out of his office. Jimmies truly rustled.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
100+ emails? I'm rustled. We did a major migration/change last year, and the emails were coming thick, sometimes 8 per day. Got to the point where a VP had to stomp hard on the dipshit IT guys. If what you are doing really requires me to "MUST ACT NOW!" 4-8 times a day for 2 months, then you dun fucked up.
I've been on both sides of this (worked 8 years IT prior to current job). I've definitely got to go with the IT department fucked that up in his story. IT people seem to operate in a bubble, but you're really there entirely as support for the rest of the employees. It should be your goal to make life easier for them. If the migration was so assed up that it requires that much notification, and so many people had problems, you might want to point the finger in the other direction.

I'll admit I was probably exactly like that when I worked in IT though. "Are these people seriously this retarded?" Most of the time, yes. But sometimes it's not the end user that's an idiot, the process may be fucked and it makes it seem like they are. This is actually happening more often to me than I'd like to admit. Things are a lot different when you're not running around with admin rights all the time.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Saw a traffic signal with a flashing yellow arrow today that reminded me how much it rustles me when little pissant fuck communities decide the standard traffic signals that everyone in the fucking state instantly understands (or they should) aren't good enough. In this case, the flashing yellow arrow meant you could make a left but had to yield to oncoming traffic. Well, fuck you because an arrow means you have a protected left, a regular green light means you can go but have to yield. the yellow flashing arrow was new to me, but I'd seen places use a green arrow coupled with a red light to mean the same thing. Again, fuck off, the arrow is supposed to mean its a protected turn. Why do these fucking fucks keep trying to re-invent the wheel by squaring it off?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Why do these fucking fucks keep trying to re-invent the toilet by sitting on the bowl
I agree with you buddy.

Some pissant driver here caused me to almost crash yesterday because I was coming around a left bend and he was pulling out but saw me and panicked so slammed on his brakes, blocking both lanes causing me to have to bunny hop a curb and get a pinch flat on my rear tire. Jimmes got rustled that day.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I agree with you buddy.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Jobitz_sl

shitlord
Netflix's movie selection as of late for streaming. Because you watched The Avengers, you may like: Sharknado. Because you Watched Old Boy, You may like: Sharknado.
I may be a little unfair considering that they have many movies for me to watch other than Sharknado. They have plenty of straight to video zombie movies for me to look through.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
government

this;

Maine court rules in favor of transgender pupil - MyVerizon.com

How in the blue fuck do you identify as female at the age of fucking two?
I have to agree with you. I think we've gone way to far with this shit. Sure, if you're 18 and want to lop your dick off, fine by me, but believing a 2 year old who still shits in a diaper that they know what the fuck gender is and that they're the wrong type. Yeah... I'd take a hard look at the parents first.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I rustled a coworker's jimmies something fierce yesterday. She's constantly asking me to do simple formatting shit for her in Microsoft Word, such as making/coloring/formatting tables, headers, footers, page numbers, etc. She called me last night during the fucking Super Bowl to help her with this shit, so I told her I was busy and that she needs how to learn to Google solutions to figure out how to do this stuff so she's not relying on me.

I woke up this morning to an angry, 1.5 page email from her going on and on about how she knows how to do all this stuff with Word, and if I didn't want to help her I should have just said so, blah, blah, blah. She sits in the cube next to me at work and she didn't show up for work today, either.

I think I might have broken her.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Ah, yeah I didn't write that very clearly. I ignored her call (I never answer when she calls because it's always something stupid) so she sent me an email, to which I briefly responded about learning to use Google.

I should add, this is the same obese piece of shit who fell face first in the bathroom and ruptured her Achilles tendon and needed paramedics to lift her up.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
She is probably very sensitive and didn't realize that she was being annoying and was really embarrassed that she was annoying and lashed out because she didn't know how to respond.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
lol

now you're gunna have to apologize to her. How are you with meaningless apologies?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ah, yeah I didn't write that very clearly. I ignored her call (I never answer when she calls because it's always something stupid) so she sent me an email, to which I briefly responded about learning to use Google.

I should add, this is the same obese piece of shit who fell face first in the bathroom and ruptured her Achilles tendon and needed paramedics to lift her up.
thin privilege
smile.png

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Hey, if you want some advice bro, when you apologize to her, bring a dozen donuts, and offer up some sort of excuse. Like tell her you had 5 grand on the broncos and you were drunk when she called and sent the email.