Wheel of Time

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I found myself enjoying the animated origin stories available as bonus content more than the actual episode. Should have done the whole series like that and stuck to the source material.
All these changes just seem so dumb to me. Oh no, the Dark one is at the eye of the world, lets throw all 4 children and nynaeve at him and see which one survives. Lets make Moiraine and Suian lesbians for no reason and abandon both romance arcs that they have later. Lets make Mat a coward who refused to join them in the Ways. Machin Shin will probably be a crowd of people in Maga hats that chase them out.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
lol saw this on BTN, new show in the UK called Anne Boleyn

Description said:
You may know the history, but you don’t know her story. Anne Boleyn is a new three part intimate psychological thriller, told from a new perspective – hers. The show explores Anne’s final months as she struggles to secure a future for her daughter and to challenge the powerful patriarchy closing in around her.

ZBoAkoP.jpg

man this year has been pretty brutal, every single TV show I was looking forward to has been a huge disappointment, and almost always its the exact same thing - women are powerful, men are retarded and pathetic, white men are the devil while POC are selfless angelic superheroes, and the stories are a incomprehensible mess to drive this point home.

Foundation
Wheel of Time
Y The Last Man
Falcon Winter Soldier
Cowboy Bebop

all shows with great source material that was butchered. Its nice at least having a 30TB media array, I can slowly squirrel away all the shows i like before they are erased from streaming.

next years not gonna be any better, I expect all of these shows to be wretchedly bad

Sandman
Lord of the Rings (oh lord its gonna be so bad)
House of the Dragon

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

ZBoAkoP.jpg

man this year has been pretty brutal, every single TV show I was looking forward to has been a huge disappointment, and almost always its the exact same thing - women are powerful, men are retarded and pathetic, white men are the devil while POC are selfless angelic superheroes, and the stories are a incomprehensible mess to drive this point home.

Foundation
Wheel of Time
Y The Last Man
Falcon Winter Soldier
Cowboy Bebop

all shows with great source material that was butchered. Its nice at least having a 30TB media array, I can slowly squirrel away all the shows i like before they are erased from streaming.

next years not gonna be any better, I expect all of these shows to be wretchedly bad

Sandman
House of the Dragon
Arcane. Do yourself a favor.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i liked arcane although not as much as people in that thread, i liked the DOTA anime a bit more, dragons > rift magic since i have zero familiarity with both games

mostly i've been really enjoying weeb anime, watched Demon Slayer season 1 and that was 10/10, also really enjoyed the 1999 Cowboy Bebop anime

Hawkeye has been really good too and I'm hoping Book of Boba Fett is enjoyable

meanwhile the penultimate season episode will take place in Fal Dara, and i guess Min and The Aiel show up

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
The Ree of Time is actually the retribution we deserve. This and Bebop is the left destroying our childhood for electing Trump. Shit they even made Roland a black guy. I’m guessing the woke police are holding Top Gun back to put a huge pair of tits on the jet bc it looks too much like a penis.

• 4Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yeah i liked arcane although not as much as people in that thread, i liked the DOTA anime a bit more, dragons > rift magic since i have zero familiarity with both games

mostly i've been really enjoying weeb anime, watched Demon Slayer season 1 and that was 10/10, also really enjoyed the 1999 Cowboy Bebop anime

Hawkeye has been really good too and I'm hoping Book of Boba Fett is enjoyable

meanwhile the penultimate season episode will take place in Fal Dara, and i guess Min and The Aiel show up

77C049E3-A898-4F53-922A-E385AA6DF2F7.jpeg

• 3Barf
  • 2Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider

ZBoAkoP.jpg

Foundation
Wheel of Time
Y The Last Man
Falcon Winter Soldier
Cowboy Bebop

Sandman
House of the Dragon

We wuz kweenz and sheit.

I'm not up to snuff on my history wasn't she beheaded at the end of her rule?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We wuz kweenz and sheit.

Ya, beheaded fairly early in the marriage for cheating iirc. I've got family lineage connecting to Anne Boleyn but honestly, she wasnt some influential piece of history and likely just a piece of ass for the King. The fact that theyre trying to make her more powerful than what she was and making her a POC just shows how they have an agenda with this shallow piece of garbage.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
We wuz kweenz and sheit.

That bitch didn't rule shit. She was a whore that Henry VIII took a shine to and tried to divorce his wife for. Catholic Church said no, so Henry created the Church of England with bishops that would allow him the divorce. Since she was a conniving cunt he eventually got tired of her and chopped her head off.

I'm sure there won't be shred of historical accuracy in whatever the fuck that is.

• 4Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh man, I look foward to how they would edit her death scene, or maybe they'll show it and there'll be cries of racism for killing off a strong, indepentant, black woman.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It has absolutely no bearing on anything after the point that it is found though. They could say that it was hidden away by literally any other means and it would have no impact on any future parts of the story. Unless they pick something absolutely retarded, which now that I’m typing this out, yeah they would do that.
You could say that about everything in this season just about, the only important thing is Rand learning HE is the DR and ramifications of that, really. The Nym and the events at the Eye (in the book) were a great way of giving some history to the series... which you learn about later. This won't be part of the tv series, and I find that to be lacking. The Nym was there before the Breaking (long before), the Aes Sedai during the Breaking gave it those items to protect... all of which led to meeting Rand. Seems important from a historical pov, to me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Jordan had that in his books, forsaken killed and resurrected into what ever body they had. A male went into a female body and did channel sadain.
I have not read the books. That makes my idea that they'll write an actual man born in a woman's body or vice versa into the show.

Hot lesbo chick channeling saidan would be cool I gotta admit..

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I have not read the books. That makes my idea that they'll write an actual man born in a woman's body or vice versa into the show.

Hot lesbo chick channeling saidan would be cool I gotta admit..
I forgot which forsaken was reborn but when he was a man, he was into some debauchery and when he was stuffed into a woman's body he continued that behavior.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, I'm rewatching season 1 of The Witcher. I know we've talked about the budget before, but fuck. The Witcher has the same damn budget and same amount of episodes, and even ep 1 shits all over all 6 of WoT's we've got so far. Casting (actually attractive people, who can act) sets, costumes, CGI, fight choreography. Where the fuck did the money go? (gay) Hookers and blow(jobs)???

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
So, I'm rewatching season 1 of The Witcher. I know we've talked about the budget before, but fuck. The Witcher has the same damn budget and same amount of episodes, and even ep 1 shits all over all 6 of WoT's we've got so far. Casting (actually attractive people, who can act) sets, costumes, CGI, fight choreography. Where the fuck did the money go? (gay) Hookers and blow(jobs)???
People were bitching plenty about the cast of Witcher. There's some definite issues with that show, but it's miles and miles better than this one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had a couple friends still watching and they finally gave up after whichever episode the moiraine being gay was. They were just confused at the massive amount of changes when there is so much free source material to draw from. They both ended up signing that “remake this please” petition I linked a couple days ago.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users