Wheel of Time

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Every one of you that watched this show will think about this dumb shit when you think about how good the book series was; and it is entirely your own fault.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100% Awful. My wife is tired of hearing me say what hot garbage this series is. Did Brandon Sanderson buy off on any of this shit or was he just ignored?

Age of Legends Tamyrlin telling Lews Therin that the Dark One would taint Saidin and the men would go mad and break the world as if any of them predicted that. Just another attempt to say Men awful, women amazing.

Agelmar dead, but only after telling his sister how he should have listened to her all along and asked for help, just to show what an awful man he is. Guess he won't be one of the Great Generals leading armies in the last battle.

Loial dead

Moiraine stilled

Nyneave dead but resurrected by Egwene. Good money is on Nynaeve healing Moiraine's ability to touch the power, even though in the book she figured that out like 9 books later and I think only men could un-still women and women could un-gentle men. When women un-stilled women, they had only a fraction of their original power. When Nynaeve un-gentled Logain, he was full power iirc. Nynaeve will probably solo cleanse the Taint as well in S2 E1 so they can bring Rand back from his solo walkabout in the blight.

Stupidly simple fight between Rand and Ishamael. Channeling power into the Sa'angreal for a big burst instead of drawing power through the Sa'angreal to increase his own potency.

Padan fain running off with the horn. Maybe that happened but I don't think so. I was waiting to see if they made Perrin blow the horn, since Mat wasn't there.

Seanchan showing up in their ships 10 feet apart in the turbulent waters just off shore but perfectly immobile, only to raise a massive tidal wave to what...clean the cliffs or kill the lone 6 year old girl collecting shells? What was the point of the tidal wave?
The point of the second book was Rand going after Padan to get the Dagger / Horn back.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
100% Awful. My wife is tired of hearing me say what hot garbage this series is. Did Brandon Sanderson buy off on any of this shit or was he just ignored?

Age of Legends Tamyrlin telling Lews Therin that the Dark One would taint Saidin and the men would go mad and break the world as if any of them predicted that. Just another attempt to say Men awful, women amazing.

Agelmar dead, but only after telling his sister how he should have listened to her all along and asked for help, just to show what an awful man he is. Guess he won't be one of the Great Generals leading armies in the last battle.

Loial dead

Moiraine stilled

Nyneave dead but resurrected by Egwene. Good money is on Nynaeve healing Moiraine's ability to touch the power, even though in the book she figured that out like 9 books later and I think only men could un-still women and women could un-gentle men. When women un-stilled women, they had only a fraction of their original power. When Nynaeve un-gentled Logain, he was full power iirc. Nynaeve will probably solo cleanse the Taint as well in S2 E1 so they can bring Rand back from his solo walkabout in the blight.

Stupidly simple fight between Rand and Ishamael. Channeling power into the Sa'angreal for a big burst instead of drawing power through the Sa'angreal to increase his own potency.

Padan fain running off with the horn. Maybe that happened but I don't think so. I was waiting to see if they made Perrin blow the horn, since Mat wasn't there.

Seanchan showing up in their ships 10 feet apart in the turbulent waters just off shore but perfectly immobile, only to raise a massive tidal wave to what...clean the cliffs or kill the lone 6 year old girl collecting shells? What was the point of the tidal wave?
Thank you, this is what I needed to avoid watching it myself

If I avoid the last episode I get to preserve a tiny little bit of good memories of the books, right?

fuck everyone involved with this show right in the ear canal

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Loial dead

Moiraine stilled

The Woman good, men bad aspect was defiantly dialed up to 11 in this episode. Prime wouldn't put up subs for the opening scene, so I had to turn on dubs (audio descriptors) which made this quote even better: "This is just an imperfect overwhelmed woman, trying to remind her old friend he is not invincible."

The final scene was also hilarious, the water nation shows up and decided to fuck up that one kid, in particular, I guess.

Here is their picture of the world before men ruined it:
2021-12-24 08.25.50 www.amazon.com 820dd7f15123.png

Here is the Water Nation's attack (final scene):
2021-12-24 08.29.02 www.amazon.com 625d6eb2cbb1.png

2021-12-24 08.29.53 www.amazon.com 9bfb0031dc84.png

Here is the empty beach in need of smiting (final scene):
2021-12-24 08.32.43 www.amazon.com 0c8925090259.png

Oh, no wait, not empty, there is a child of great threat(fade to black):
2021-12-24 08.32.16 www.amazon.com cb215fb51b83.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
The point of the second book was Rand going after Padan to get the Dagger / Horn back.
Thanks for the clarification. I couldn’t remember his actual role in the horn, just that Mat was the one that blew it at Falme(?)

Sterling

El Presidente

Good money is on Nynaeve healing Moiraine's ability to touch the power, even though in the book she figured that out like 9 books later and I think only men could un-still women and women could un-gentle men. When women un-stilled women, they had only a fraction of their original power. When Nynaeve un-gentled Logain, he was full power iirc. Nynaeve will probably solo cleanse the Taint as well in S2 E1 so they can bring Rand back from his solo walkabout in the blight.

Nynaeve healed Siuan and Leane almost immediately after healing Logain. But yes they were greatly reduced.

Yeah, They should have been drawing power from the Eye itself which was a giant pool of power. Fight was just bad.

Fain did run off with the horn and the Dagger and the boys with Ingtar went to chase him down.

Loial being dead is really strange considering how much he's in the books in meaningful ways.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Lol, first scene in episode 8, yep I guessed right, the original dragon is a minority, if not for the baby I'd have expected him to be trans also.

The Pakistani Reborn.

• 2Worf

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the clarification. I couldn’t remember his actual role in the horn, just that Mat was the one that blew it at Falme(?)
The prophecy says the horn will help at the last battle. The show kind of does a poor job setting up for the horn because the book spends more time pointing out and explaining the great hunts for the horn as kind of a frat boy holy grail quest and the show really did none of that so the impact of them finding it is way less.

when they pull it out of the pool and read the inscription it is way more epic

spronk

FPS noob
oh right the horn was in the eye of the world, not fucking under Fal Dara's throne lol that whole eye of the world scene was so bad, it was clearly the seat of the 13 or whatever the ruling council was, but really no talk at all about why its important or why the stupid eye is there or what the eye even is - the show seems to say the eye is just a giant seal 1, and the 100 companions poured all their power into making the sangreal moraine holds. yuck

they also super rushed Lan/Nynaeve's love, he gives that "i'll be sad when you find another dude" speech but isn't that like 4-5 books away? The two of them have known each other like 8 hours total and are acting like life time lovers, it just felt so forced and fake. I guess maybe gay dudes fall in and out of love every 24 hours, grindr speeds up everything including aids

100% sure loial's death is fake out, he'll either reveal his heart is in his balls or something or it'll be an excuse to visit a stedding to heal him.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So they didn't mention that the eye was the last untainted pool of Saidin? Didn't the well contain the Horn, the first broken seal, one still intact, and the Dragon's banner?

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Who needs the fucking Horn anyway? They have Egwene, and as we see in this episode, the grave is no bar to her call.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Show is still good....if your not a book reader. At this stage, the dudes wholesale rewriting the series, and not making changes to fit the format. If you're coming in with no book bias, its a decent show. If you read the books though, they making it impossible to enjoy.

Ishamael dying to balefire at the Eye of the World?
Where are the other forsaken?
Lioal dying, but Egwene will likely resurrect him from the dead like she did with Nynaeve, which is stricty not possible with the Power
No idea what they are doing with Matt and why he looks like he still has the dagger
No seal, horn or Banner at the eye?

Much of what is being changed just doesn't make sense as to why they are changing it.

• 2Garbage
  • 2Picard
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Show is still good....if your not a book reader. At this stage, the dudes wholesale rewriting the series, and not making changes to fit the format. If you're coming in with no book bias, its a decent show. If you read the books though, they making it impossible to enjoy.

Ishamael dying to balefire at the Eye of the World?
Where are the other forsaken?
Lioal dying, but Egwene will likely resurrect him from the dead like she did with Nynaeve, which is stricty not possible with the Power
No idea what they are doing with Matt and why he looks like he still has the dagger
No seal, horn or Banner at the eye?

Much of what is being changed just doesn't make sense as to why they are changing it.
Haha get lost you cunt, "Show is still good" LOL you fucking smooth brain. There is no redeeming qualities at all, everything is awful, its amateur hour larping, you can find youtube videos of fan made shit that are better acted, shot and with better costumes.

• 11Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Aelfwine

Trakanon Raider
I agree with this. i think if I hadn't read the books, the shows would be ok. Not great in a GoT first season sense, but ok, and watchable. I stuck it out and watched the first season as they came out. I imagine I'll wait till after the next season is complete and read the feedback to decide whether or not to continue watching. At some point, the changes to the books, just for changes sake, become too much.

• 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On the plus side, my irritation at Perrin has led to multiple of my friends adopting Gormless into their vocabulary

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Even aside from the show having only some passing resemblance to a book series with mostly similarly named characters, I don't see how anyone can consider this a good show. Bad writing, bad acting, bad costumes, bad choreography, mediocre to bad effects. I can't think of any particular thing that would be considered actually good.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If Rafe wanted to fill the Game of Thrones hole he should have picked the Thomas Covenant books. Rape and unlikeable asshole main characters, get your "mature fantasy" fill.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like