Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Using the HM Embody but I wish it had a head rest. However it really does promote sitting up straight in good posture and my back pain and wrist pain has gone down tremendously.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It’s funny. I sit in the equivalent of the embody at work. It’s a good enough chair. I sit in a pos chair at home. Probably spent $200. You’d think a $1000 chair would be an automatic for a hobby I spend 15+ hours per week on. I spend way more on a hobby car I touch once a month. Yet here I am. My back hurts. I’m a fucking cheapskate.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, this company was supposed to make an aftermarket head rest for the Embody, but don't know if it was a scam or what because there hasn't been any update on it since I think 2021. Although they do say late 2022 or early 2023.

I know I'll be buying that shit for sure as I have a TV next to my gaming setup and when I want to play switch/playstation I like to lean back. Will be perfect for that or else I'll have to plop a grand or so on a lazy boy.

Also, highly suggest uplift desk as well. Being able to adjust height of keyboard and monitors is such a god send.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been using a Secret Labs Titan for a year, and I think it mostly sucks. Main reason are the armrests, I can't quite get a good setting for use with my desk, and whoever screwed them onro the base never ever wanted them to come off. Good chair in every other way though, if I could manage to remove the armrests, I'd like it a lot more.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
My entire office has SteelCase chairs, like $1200 models. They are comfortable, but my $150 dollar mesh seat/back chair from Staples is more comfortable over 8-10 hours

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Been using a Secret Labs Titan for a year, and I think it mostly sucks. Main reason are the armrests, I can't quite get a good setting for use with my desk, and whoever screwed them onro the base never ever wanted them to come off. Good chair in every other way though, if I could manage to remove the armrests, I'd like it a lot more.

i've been using the secretlab i linked that was on sale above for 4-5 months now and while the armrests are great, i put cheap foam covers on mine and is works good, i hate the lumbar support.

it hurts my back no matter what i do, i need to look up how the fuck you are supposed to sit and how your spine should be. also get up more often probably.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
i've been using the secretlab i linked that was on sale above for 4-5 months now and while the armrests are great, i put cheap foam covers on mine and is works good, i hate the lumbar support.

it hurts my back no matter what i do, i need to look up how the fuck you are supposed to sit and how your spine should be. also get up more often probably.
secret lab titan here as well. Agree about the lumbar! I just had spinal surgery and had to back that fucking thing all the way out, felt like it was trying to pound the screws through my sternum. SL has arm covers for sale now but I doubt they are really worth the $$. Solid chair though, this thing is built like a tank!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I think the SL armrests are some of the best in the business for how adjustable they are. The comfort isn't the best, but that's easily fixed with memory foam pads on Amazon.

But, I agree that the Titan is uncomfortable as fuck. It probably isn't helped by the fact that I went with the Titan instead of the Omega or whatever the step down is. I like to sit crossed legged on my chair a lot, so I figured I'd need the bigger/wider seat. But, because the Titan is made for fatty fat fatties, I sit waaaay too deep in the chair and it gives me horrible hip pain. I'm really pissed I spent $500 on mine and didn't just go for the Embody or something similar.

• 1Like

gryphawk

Trakanon Raider
14 year old reconditioned Aeron chair, most comfortable seat I've ever had. Got it at 11 years old :) The semi recline is perfect, can sit in it all day long and perfectly fresh out of it and moving, no stiffness, etc. Works for me, as I've a 55" QLED at the back of the desk, 3 ft away and the recline puts it in full vision.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
miudhzw0z2y31.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I think the SL armrests are some of the best in the business for how adjustable they are. The comfort isn't the best, but that's easily fixed with memory foam pads on Amazon.

But, I agree that the Titan is uncomfortable as fuck. It probably isn't helped by the fact that I went with the Titan instead of the Omega or whatever the step down is. I like to sit crossed legged on my chair a lot, so I figured I'd need the bigger/wider seat. But, because the Titan is made for fatty fat fatties, I sit waaaay too deep in the chair and it gives me horrible hip pain. I'm really pissed I spent $500 on mine and didn't just go for the Embody or something similar.
SL wants $75 which is highway robbery. So I guess I was today years old when I learned you could buy arm pads from Amazon for these chairs. I honestly never even thought of it.

Caliane

I got a SL titan like a year or two ago.
6', 200lbs. I use it for games, and art with a arm mounted wacom at 30 degrees or so.
Don't have much to say on the posture/comfort. just fine, like most other chairs. its very firm.

got the cloth version.. and the cats are tearing the back up.
Previous chairs I would take the arm rests off. I left them on. The armrest form is already deteriorating.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I got a SL titan like a year or two ago.
6', 200lbs. I use it for games, and art with a arm mounted wacom at 30 degrees or so.
Don't have much to say on the posture/comfort. just fine, like most other chairs. its very firm.

got the cloth version.. and the cats are tearing the back up.
Previous chairs I would take the arm rests off. I left them on. The armrest form is already deteriorating.
Hmm Mine is cloth as well, who wants to stick to a leather/pleather chair. Cat gives zero shits about it though weirdly and it's 2+ years as well but is in like new condition. Armrests included.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just ordered some of those thanks for the heads up. Secret Lab armrests are made like shit. Had them replaced once already from cracking and the new ones are already just as bad.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We bought two 2021 Titans with leather and memory foam armrests and have had zero issues with them. From the crappy chairs we had before I've noticed a lot of posture improvements and reduced pain/issues.
Work completely from home now, so if I ever go back into an office this thing is coming with.

Goonsquad Officer
for years i used this microfiber super fat guy chair from office depot. i'm not super fat but it gave me enough space to sit indian style in the chair or have my labridor sit behind me in the chair and experience maximum dog snuggle. then office depot stopped selling it some years back in favor of those gay ass mesh net chairs that you can't seat a dog upon comfortably.

for years after i used the chair still with a broken arm and a weird lean then i watched some youtuber talk about the clutch chairs and i told the wife that looked pretty good, and she secretly bought it for me for christmas. turns out the bucket seat style isn't to my liking because 1. there's no force pushing me to the side because my chair isn't a fucking car, and 2. can't fit indian style let alone hoist a dog back there. it's also leather, and not microfiber so i can't sit at it shirtless like a propper high octane gamer.

a couple years ago THAT chair broke. the cast iron base of it broke because of my ogreishness. the metal cracked in half. i sent pics to the company and they were so embarrassed they sent me a replacement of that part, which i reassembled back together. it's still kicking it, but when it dies i'm oging to try to find a fat guy microfiber special again. if i find one i do like, i swear to god i'm going to order four of them so i can just use those the rest of my life.

it's just a shame my dog will be dead by then.

• 1Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
arm pads came in yesterday , fit perfect on my Titan. These are amazing. I'm *almost* done being mad at myself for not thinking of ordering them myself, almost....

• 1Like