Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

We've all been coming here pissing and moaning about MMOs for more years than we care to admit. Arguably, the two most played MMOs that I would assume we all have been a part of is EQ and WoW. There's no arguing that for most of us, we have mad nostalgia for the two games. But, time passes and things change. So, I got to wondering what are you all playing TODAY if anything?

For me, it's EQ1, but I'm extremely bored of the game at this point. For the most part, my mercs play the game for me, and I just spend AAs every so often. But, I can't find a single other MMO that can hold my interest for more than a few days at most.

So, what are you playing, and why should I try it?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
WoW. There's a lot of bitching I could do about it, but at the end of my day, it's the MMO all of my friends can agree on, and a shitty MMO with friends is more fun than a slightly less shitty MMO without them.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
WoW ATM but my sub runs out tomorrow and I'm not renewing. I didn't last past my free time in FFXIV. I guess I'll be taking a MMO break. Nothing out there is worth it anymore.

bayr_sl

shitlord
None but I'm tempted to give MoP a run through since Blizzard gave it to me a couple months ago and I still haven't tried it. Blizzcon will probably put me over the edge, especially if they announce something promising.

I can feel the bile in my throat rising with the idea of playing any other MMO on the market

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
MMO-wise I'm playing GW2. If you havent picked it up yet check the thread, but most everyone agrees its worth the box (and has no sub so you can play it for that price forever). It went away from the quest grind enough to be interesting, has a nice touch of exploration beyond what is marked on the map, and not much of a +gooder grind to it (second-best stat tier is basically gotten within hours of getting 80, and the best-stat tier doesnt even cover all slots). That's good imo because I can put it away for other games every so often without worrying about catching up to my guild/friends when I get back.

Cybsled

Only MMO I still actively play is WoW. I recently started playing DayZ Epoch mod, though. While it isn't a MMO in the truest sense (ie, tons of people), it is persistent and adds a lot more RPG elements to the game (traders, modular base building, events, etc). It's kinda like a mini-MMO if you limited the server population to approximately 52ish people at a time ;P

DMK_sl

shitlord
We've all been coming here pissing and moaning about MMOs for more years than we care to admit. Arguably, the two most played MMOs that I would assume we all have been a part of is EQ and WoW. There's no arguing that for most of us, we have mad nostalgia for the two games. But, time passes and things change. So, I got to wondering what are you all playing TODAY if anything?

For me, it's EQ1, but I'm extremely bored of the game at this point. For the most part, my mercs play the game for me, and I just spend AAs every so often. But, I can't find a single other MMO that can hold my interest for more than a few days at most.

So, what are you playing, and why should I try it?
I hate to be a dick but I am a dick. Why is the 'do' in the title of this thread capitalized and got * surrounding it? It's probably the only word in the whole sentence that makes no sense having any kind of extra expression...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I hate to be a dick but I am a dick. Why is the 'do' in the title of this thread capitalized and got * surrounding it? It's probably the only word in the whole sentence that makes no sense having any kind of extra expression...
He should have emphasized now. Basically he didn't want people to list a resume of past games.

I am playing FF14 and Marvel Heroes and ROTMG and starting EQ1 next week with some friends.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
None.

After years of playing the original EverQuest, then WoW, and the few would-be contenders that popped up in-between, I have completely lost interest in the genre. I'm completely content playing a single-player game on my PS3.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Its hard to admit, but Im still playing VG. Really nice guild and we are not rushing through the content, so we still have stuff to do. And of course the obligatory nostalgia return to EQ every few months to level up a char to around Level 10 and then quit again.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Whatever I can convince my friends to play with me. Lately that's been EQ1 during the 15-day gold period (we'll see if they still want to play after that) and Marvel Heroes (I don't really consider than an MMO, but...we have a thread in here for it, so whatever.)
We'll give EQNext a try when it comes out, but otherwise no plans.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just starting back on GW2. Haven't played anything since I quit it after 6 weeks the first time. Just nothing has jumped out and the single player games have been much more interesting.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was playing GW2 pretty heavily for a couple of months, but haven't played since the Queen's arena event. I'm not playing any other MMO currently.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
I mostly play other types of games nowadays, but I occasionally play EQ Mac and Vanguard. I was having huge fun with EQ Mac and then I dinged 50 and all the fun ended like hitting a brick wall. I never realised before just how obnoxiously slow it was. It's not that I can't do it, because I did it more than once before in the olden days, but after all this time, seeing an hour of work give you about 5% or whatever is pretty shocking.

I really need to find the motivation to continue because there is a lot more that I still want to do but damn, it's so fucking slow. And I'm 6 boxing which makes it worse. The plus side is that I can play any time I want and go anywhere which is a real blessing on a server with such a low population. But the downside is that controlling 6 characters you lose so much efficiency, so not only is the XP slow, but it's made worse because it's like being in the laziest most lethargic XP group ever.

Some nights when I get too fed up of it and can't be bothered, I log in to Vanguard instead. It's just easier, but after a while it becomes too repetitive and too easy and I end up missing the tension and seriousness of EQ Mac. Then I go back to EQ Mac and miss the more chilled gameplay of Vanguard. And I go back and forth forever, never really happy. Maybe I'm nuts, or maybe some fucker needs to finally come to their senses and make a game that sits right in the middle of the 2 which seems to totally logical to me.