Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

Morph_hammer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last time I posted in this thread I was playing LotrO I think. The latest expansion came out (Helm's Deep) and as expected, I only played it for a week, casually playing through the epic quests, before realizing the rest of the game is a desolate, bugged shitfest with zero endgame. But at least the epic quest was epic as always.

For now I am playing Neverwinter, it's a fun passtime game to play but it doesn't really capture me in any way.

Am hoping to score a Wildstar beta key so I can check that out. Hopefully that'll be an MMO that sticks.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
You put Neverwinter on the list, but not Rift?
tongue.png

I'm currently playing Rift heavily. They have done a TON of changes to it since I played it at launch and I have been having a good time. I got caught up on my SWTOR story lines using F2P, which was also lots of fun. I have seen all WoW has to offer until the next expansion, but I'll play that when it opens. EQ/EQ2 do nothing for me anymore. I can maybe play them for a week or two before I am bored and move on.

Soon no one will be playing Vanguard.

Kaljin

N00b
I also thought of Rift but it wasn't listed. I disliked the way it was going before but now it's actually not a bad choice - I do however play it. I actually split it with GW2 but I prefer Rift a tad more over GW2! It has a better "feel" overall compared to GW2 IMO. I'm also looking forward to the Dreamweaver :x

Oh PS: No Planetside, I guess these would be considered Hybrid MMOS?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tera
Wildstar
PS2

Was thinking about trying Blade and Soul, but just thinking of all the work to go through to get a account, not being able to read anything and having to play a censored China version , just saps me of all motivation to try.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
eq2 at the moment. bronze membership so i can't chat or use the broker, and all my spells are gimped but it's free. i've tried eq2 several times over the years but at some point i find it tedious and leave. this time i want to make it to max level. sony has attempted to reduce the tediousness by giving out free mounts and rearranging zones and quests, but we'll see.

also on my mmo bucket list is swtor, rift--played rift a bunch but never got a toon to max, tera and lotro.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Playing FFXIV and love it, but since I'm way behind the early starters and don't play more than 10 - 15 hours a week there's still plenty for me to do.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
FF XIV did not work for me, TESO Beta was a big downer so while waiting for Warlords of Draeno I subscribed to EQ1 again for the first time after 2004. Boy a ton of people still playing (got morphed from Bristlebane to Antonius Bayle) and the game really had some great additions and improvements over the course of 20 expansions. I quit shortly after GOD (I still have some very bad memories about this expansion) and if you can stomach some dated textures, EQ1 is a real MMO for gourmets and lover of complex mechanics these days. They have some nice catchup mechanics for levels and AAs and I will definitely stick to this for a while.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Results are as expected. WoW still holding strong - can't beat it really. FF still has that new car smell and interest will likely slowly drop off as time goes on. EQ will always have a strong following due to the origins of this site and the ease of startup servers and custom rule sets catering to all sorts of schedules.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Having new babies in my family, limits my playtime to about 5-6 hours a week for the last many many months. Because of this I've switched to single player games, but still have a massive backlog of games to play... Some goals of mine...

Keep up with WoW expansions/updates, currently have level 90's.
Check back into DCUO as the action fighting I think is really fun.
Get back into FFIV and max out some toons just to do it
Check out some WoW Emu's my friends play for vanilla
Keep up with Diablo 3 and expansion, level a new Crusader
Check back into ToR because light sabers are fun
Beat the single player campaign in Starcraft 2
Play through and beat Tomb Raider
Play through and beat AC4
Then there is FF5 on tablet, and Bravely Default, Zelda, Pokemon, etc etc on 3ds

Glance at TESO, even though I wasn't impressed with beta
Keep an eye on, and play EQN/EQ:LM
Keep looking at Pantheon to see if that comes around...

No idea when and if ever I'll have time to do any of these things, but maybe one day. Good thing about games, they don't expire. My single player list of goals is even longer, and my addiction to EQ/WoW over the years has really made the back log of games massive.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Curiously, it hasn't changed for those three months. I'm playing Minecraft and casual GW2. And by casual, I mean, I'm closing now on my first level 80.

(funnily enough, I've spent more on those 3 casual months than the initial box purchase. My bank and collection space has inflated beyond any rational use)

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Playing a bit of TOR single player mode until (hopefully) the EQNL alpha hits this weekend.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playing a bit of TOR single player mode until (hopefully) the EQNL alpha hits this weekend.
I've wanted to do this for a while, because I had a lot of fun fighting shit with light sabers. Should look into whether or not it's worth it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've wanted to do this for a while, because I had a lot of fun fighting shit with light sabers. Should look into whether or not it's worth it.
It is. The game has always been fun and well done for the most part if you are into the type of game that was made.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
TERA once a month and ArcheAge in Korea about that much as well. Aside from that, I fuck around with making my own shitty MMO in unity (everyone else is doing it!) and playing League of Legends.