Which MOBA?

If you were going to sink time in from nothing and get good which one is most worth the time.

• Total voters

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IDK what I'm watching, but is he individually controlling each of those Meepo creatures?

Looks like an exceptionally difficult micro.
Yes. If any of the clones die, Meepo dies.

He has an ability each of them can use called Poof that teleports the Meepo clones to another clones location and damage people.... so they will be microing the lowest hit points one away and weaving in and out of combat, dodging aoe spells etc which can wreck him. He tp scrolls to the fountain, and individually uses their poof ability to individually tp the low hp clones to him, heal, then they all poof back to another Meepo still in the fight. Also in that video xcalibur as well as all that is using 3 clickable items (the sheep stick, the blink dagger and an item called manta style that makes 2 illusions of the hero)......if you watch the minimap you will see his illusions in other lanes from the manta style fucking farming lane creeps while pushing the lane in to their base .....). At around 30 secs in you will see him blink dagger and sheepstick the dazzle and own his ass.

On top of that when they arent fighting in teamfights those guys will be farming all over the map in multiple jungle camps and last hitting in lane vs human players all at the same time.

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
And Dota 1 is totally not a ripoff of Aeon of Strife. Though truthfully it was more or less inspired and not a ripoff.

Also, if you want to really know which game to play just read about Pendragon and how the Dota Allstar forum community's ideas were stolen. Fuck Pendragon.
Oh yeah, AoS is what I played. I liked that it was larger scale with more mobs.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Mmmhmm. Same ceiling.

Show me the LoL equivalent of anything close to Meepo with Blink dagger and other clickables microing like this. This was vs the team that won TI. Theres probably less than 5 pros who can even attempt to fuck with Meepo in competitive and pretty much were all highly ranked Starcraft players like Iceiceice.

Watch basically any video of faker dodging skill shots in LoL and case closed. Watch a god tier Medivh or Samuro or TLV player in HoTS, it's all the same shit dude. Moba's have infinite skill ceilings. It is literally humanly impossible to ever play perfect in any moba due to the number of variables and the level of precision required to execute elite level plays.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched one.....he's as fast as I would expect any pro player who is good. I mean...juking skill shots is in literally every moba. Thats pretty much all LoL is, you dont have to worry about the lone support with a blink dagger who now has the mobility to hop your carry and end the game because the spells as Dandai said, are just far nastier and more impactful.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I watched one.....he's as fast as I would expect any pro player who is good. I mean...juking skill shots is in literally every moba. Thats pretty much all LoL is, you dont have to worry about the lone support with a blink dagger who now has the mobility to hop your carry and end the game because the spells as Dandai said, are just far nastier and more impactful.
Dude, have you literally ever even played LoL? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about lol. There is like 1/10th the skill shots in dota as LoL or HoTS. Flash in LoL is literally the same god damn thing as a blink dagger and if you don't position perfectly and/or flash instantly after being flashed on then you will die.

• 1Picard

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Arguing with Lumi... you guys haven't learned that lesson yet?

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I know it's amazing. Arguing with someone who is damn near always right. I've got a retard who thinks that dota 2 is only about microing and APM and more retards who don't understand what an infinite skill ceiling means.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
So the creationist thinks that DotA2 is totally different to LoL and way more skillful.

That's all you need to know.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I was thinking that when I posted it, why am I arguing with the FoH village idiot

Oh and the other one from politics chimed in. Two of the biggest window lickers on FoH are league fanbois? Coincidence???

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yea I was thinking that when I posted it, why am I arguing with the FoH village idiot

Oh and the other one from politics chimed in. Two of the biggest window lickers on FoH are league fanbois? Coincidence???
I'm not even a league fanboy you god damn retard it's just that DoTA players are like the vegans/mask wearers of the video game world. They're literally the most virtual signaling douche bag faggots in the entire gaming world. People who think DoTA is the more difficult game and yet could probably not achieve a rank higher than gold in any other moba are fucking retarded.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It's nice to see that even the MOBA related threads are as toxic as the games.

Edit: Also I would play Smite over any of these if I was just getting into MOBAs. Easiest to pick up and go, faster pace, not a lot of BS to learn and one time purchase for all chars and probably the least toxic I've played while ranking. Former diamond LoL for multi season, diamond Smiter, thousand+ hour Dotaer.

But realistically just don't play MOBAs and watch Dota 2 tournies instead for better health and sanity =D

Last edited:

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Mmmhmm. Same ceiling.

Show me the LoL equivalent of anything close to Meepo with Blink dagger and other clickables microing like this. This was vs the team that won TI. Theres probably less than 5 pros who can even attempt to fuck with Meepo in competitive and pretty much were all highly ranked Starcraft players like Iceiceice.
He made that look easy. That's goddamn absurd. lol

I watched it before reading your recap and it looked like an OP character. Then I read your recap and watched it again. *mother of god* lol

• 1Solidarity