Who do you rely the most on for game reviews?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
At this point, I usually just pirate games and then buy what I like. I find these days that everyone's opinion but my own is total garbage.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mainly listen to you guys and occasionally check out Yahtze's reviews. He is a bit on the SJW side, but he has unique takes and generally the same taste in games I have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'll watch video reviews only when a game is an unfamiliar genre to me and I feel like branching out.

If you're not into 4x games at all, but paradox games look pretty interesting, but you have no idea where to get started, that is an example of where reviews can serve a really good purpose.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here for opinions/posters who have posted similar taste in games. SsethTzeentach for pure joy.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a good idea for sure. Any suggestions? A lot of the ones I have tried there is so much pandering to the crowd at the time. I understand the need for it but maybe I need to look for the lesser known ones who don't have to do it so much.

You really need to find a streamer that you like. For most things, I watch Lirik. He'll say if a game is shit especially if a FPS is one. I don't take his word as gospel though. I'll watch him and other play games and make a judgement for myself.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You really need to find a streamer that you like. For most things, I watch Lirik. He'll say if a game is shit especially if a FPS is one. I don't take his word as gospel though. I'll watch him and other play games and make a judgement for myself.
For some reason I enjoy watching Rust videos. I hate playing the game. I only got into it cuz I ran across a particular streamer Vertiigo. Overall though, I don't watch streamers for games I play, besides when I was watching Asmon doing WoW Classic.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I practice scatomancy. Taking a monstrous shit and then looking at it for clues about an upcoming game is often more reliable than game reviews themselves.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I practice scatomancy. Taking a monstrous shit and then looking at it for clues about an upcoming game is often more reliable than game reviews themselves.
source.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This board. I don’t know of any other message board or reviewer with a bunch of middle aged jaded assholes with similar gaming taste as me.

Posts that break down mechanics or say “If you like X you’ll like this one” are key.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This board, most of the time, but some posters get so riled up these days at the slightest mention of any woke topic it's hard to separate. Video form I like ACG.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
At this point, I usually just pirate games and then buy what I like. I find these days that everyone's opinion but my own is total garbage.
I do the same. I'll buy it if I'm still playing after a fair amount of time. I just can't justify blindly buying games when I have literally a hundred+ sitting in my gamelist that I bought and never put in more than an hour or two, if I loaded it at all.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

yeah i really enjoy watching lirik on those random days when he plays a ton of games, stuff i'll never play but is interesting to watch. He just has a chill "its just games bro" vibe.

AngryJoe's shtick is annoying but I tend to mostly agree with his reviews on games, games he hates I dislike and games he really likes I really like. He disliked TLOU2 and loved Ghosts of Tsushima for example. He pretty much channels my inner 14 year old "robots and monsters and aliens and titties are cool" self, but honestly his two sidekicks Alex and OtherJoe are far more thoughtful and interesting than him.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the all the replies. I have subbed or at least checked out multiple videos of the reviewers listed here. Getting info from this site is also very good and I have done that previously. I will certainly continue. I was thinking of going the pirate route first then buying if I liked it but not everything is there and I'd still prefer to find like minded reviewers that hit more often than not. I will use a combination of everything mentioned here. Twitch isn't really my cup of tea as I stated but that is moreso for the big streamers that have to kowtow to their audiences. Not all are like that and not every big streamer does that so I will have to find my diamond so to speak.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utnayan Utnayan won’t stop ravin about some site called Polygon. I haven’t checked it out yet.

• 5Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is there a good girl game reviewer? i just want to hear a girls voice, but not be valley girl dumb

and no, i don't care about tits, i just want nice background noise, like this girl

shes like so white bread looking, but i like listening to her
(i don't even care for starwars really)

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
is there a good girl game reviewer? i just want to hear a girls voice, but not be valley girl dumb

and no, i don't care about tits, i just want nice background noise, like this girl

shes like so white bread looking, but i like listening to her
(i don't even care for starwars really)
That is a good call, there is something to it if she is not a daft bitch but intriguing, intelligent and not doing the SJW thing with games. I will check her out.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I just watch let's plays on YouTube to determine if I will like a game. It creates some spoilers doing it that way but it's better than wasting money on a game I won't like.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just watch let's plays on YouTube to determine if I will like a game. It creates some spoilers doing it that way but it's better than wasting money on a game I won't like.
I do kinda want to stay away from too much spoilery material but some spoilers are better than buying shit, I see your point.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Utnayan Utnayan won’t stop ravin about some site called Polygon. I haven’t checked it out yet.
Their game reviews suck, but you should check out their political commentary and life advice - good stuff.

• 2Worf

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I rarely buy games at release, but pretty much get all my reviews from FoH bros.

• 1Like