WiiU and 2DS News(no not 3DS) WiiU price Drop/phase out

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if anyone is interested: lots of -good- wiiu games coming in the next 4 months.

Per Nintendo:

as of Sept 20th, The WiiU is phasing out the "basic" 8gig $299.99 model and dropping the price of the "Deluxe" 32gig($349.99) model to $299.99

also they are releasing a new Zelda:WindWaker HD WiiU boxed set for the same $299.99 price as well as the normal one that comes with nintendoland

also they are releasing a new 2DS handheld- apparently same spec's as the 3ds. non-clamshell, NO 3D screen. $130 dollars 100% compatible with DS and 3DS games

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The 2DS looks dumb as fuck.

Windwaker HD + Console at $299 is good enough to finally make me consider a purchase. Unlikely, but will consider it.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Totally unfair that the US can download Wind Waker HD from the eShop in september
frown.png

Szlia

My 1st gen DS is on its last leg, so I might very well buy a 2DS and get access to the three or four 3DS games that interested me.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The 2DS is pretty much for the age 7 and under demo, looks like. Sturdier, no hinge, and the 3D part of 3DS wasn't recommended to be used by young children.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Price point is on par with leapfrog stuff, I can see myself buying for daughter to replace her leapster handheld. And steal it once in a while to play fire emblem etc.

Szlia

I did not investigate past the info Lenardo posted (DS+3DS, no 3D, $130).

It's true the design is a bit on the weird side... and why do a redesign without including the 2nd analog stick?

rrr_img_41770.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nintendo is such an epic fail in my eyes the last few years. They need to give up on console hardware (im considering saying hardware all together after seeing that 2DS piece of shit) and make games for real systems. Their current leader said that will never happen under his reign so I say fire the idiot.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah man, epic fail. Selling 100 million Wii's, 153 million DS, and 30 million 3DS (in 2 years total) - Sony would love for some of that epic fail.

Nintendo will never let their exclusive's go to other consoles or handhelds - it's the only reason they can compete with MS and Sony without joining the hardware arms race. They make games that are designed to be played on their hardware, that is their strength.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love Wind Waker, but I still can't justify 300 bucks for a Wii U. Maybe if it was 100 bucks.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll get a WiiU eventually, but I'm not in any rush. It's getting harder and harder for me to justify buying one of their consoles so I can play five games and then have it sit gathering dust.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, for adults bitching about the 2DS, it's totally just for 7 year olds or younger. No 3D to melt their eyes, no hinge for them to break, and what four year old has pockets big enough to hold a standard 3DS anyway?

That's the price cut / SKU consolidation for the Wii U I was expecting, I was just expecting it in April. For Nintendo, 5 months behind is pretty good.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah man, epic fail. Selling 100 million Wii's, 153 million DS, and 30 million 3DS (in 2 years total) - Sony would love for some of that epic
But sure what your point is. Wii and DS aren't even current generation. They sold a shitload of NES consoles as well. WiiU has absolutely no advantages over xbox360 or Ps3, much less the xb1 or Ps4. Nintendo is going to fail hard this generation.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
also they are releasing a new 2DS handheld- apparently same spec's as the 3ds. non-clamshell, NO 3D screen. $130 dollars 100% compatible with DS and 3DS games
Hmm nice. Might get this for my 5 year old. Although I was considering the WiiU. The kid just wants to play Mario games, so I thought WiiU would be fun for him but maybe this DS is the way to go... although I really wanted to play multiplayer with him. For 2 DS2's I should just get a WiiU

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My 2 year old loves his Kindle Fire HD w/ Amazon Free Time. Dealing w/ apps is infinitely better than dealing with cartridges too, and you have so many more to choose from and allow/disallow. Not to mention all of the interactive books, coloring, puzzles, etc.

Nintendo lost my children as customers when they lost me over their last couple of home console releases. Maybe if they were as versatile of a company like they were when we were growing up that would change, but I don't see them doing cartoons, movies, etc these days either. My son will never end up exposed to their properties it seems unless something changes. As he gets older and into gaming he'll have access to phones, tablets and the kiddie properties on the next gen consoles... franchises like Knack, Sonic, Rayman, Spyro and everything Disney. Nintendo declining to compete and doing their own thing has removed them from our household entirely.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah my son loves the Kindle Fire and Ipad as a platform. Angry Birds, Ninja Turtles, Despicable Me, Iron Man... so many games for kids. For some reason tho he's hooked on Mario and the nostalgia is getting to me. I havent owned a Nintendo in forever so I'm going to try the U I guess.