Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2022-03-06

Creator: Max Borenstein, Jim Hecht

Cast: John C. Reilly, Quincy Isaiah, Jason Clarke, Gaby Hoffmann, Hadley Robinson, DeVaughn Nixon, Solomon Hughes, Tamera Tomakili, Brett Cullen, Stephen Adly Guirgis, Spencer Garrett, Sarah Ramos, Molly Gordon, Joseph Brooks, Rob Morgan, Sally Field, Adrien Brody, Jason Segel, Tamera Tomakili, Tracy Letts

Overview: A fast-break series chronicling the professional and personal lives of the 1980s Los Angeles Lakers, one of sports’ most revered and dominant dynasties — a team that defined an era, both on and off the court.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good. John C Reilly is weirdly talented. Like you dont expect him to be good, and hes not some incredible actor, but hes good

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched the first episode and wasn't compelled to immediately put on the second. Although as a Brit I don't have much knowledge or interest in the subject matter. I know of course who Magic Johnson and Barry Bird are.

Not sure the show needed to literally shove WHITE and BLACK on screen to highlight why Barry and magic were their respective draft picks

Also the whole thing is filmed with an instagram filter aesthetic, and occasionally switches to a different one, which is weird

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Larry Bird.

Barry is a different HBO character

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is a decent enough weekly watch. Avon Barksdale is in his 50s but is playing a Lakers player lol.

I got told recently I look 20 so I guess that makes Avon the black Ossoi Ossoi

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show gets way better as it goes on. John C Reilly is great in this. The show was renewed for a second season. Curious to see what they do with it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I watched the first episode and wasn't compelled to immediately put on the second. Although as a Brit I don't have much knowledge or interest in the subject matter. I know of course who Magic Johnson and Barry Bird are.

Not sure the show needed to literally shove WHITE and BLACK on screen to highlight why Barry and magic were their respective draft picks

Also the whole thing is filmed with an instagram filter aesthetic, and occasionally switches to a different one, which is weird

They said Magic Johnson was only picked first because he's black and Larry Bird was only picked 6th because he's white?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Larry Bird.

Barry is a different HBO character

1651112487435.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This actually isn't that great, the basketball stuff is more interesting than the back office/family stuff

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finale was meh - they were setting the team up whole season as the plucky underdogs so I saw their championship victory coming a mile away

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finale was meh - they were setting the team up whole season as the plucky underdogs so I saw their championship victory coming a mile away
Considering its a true story from 40 years ago, Id sure hope you saw the ending coming.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed. Even if it is insanely dramatized

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database